Coaches on the Hot Seat

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
In addition to Sharman White & Korey McCray as assistant coaches to cover Georgia talent, add Winston Neal to the list. Has asst. coaching experience under Cliff Warren, will be the director of the upcoming HoopSeen Elite Preview (i.e. - telling Georgia's top 80 kids what to do for a camp), and is a former GT walk-on.

Meanwhile...

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Dayton's win guarantees that for the 6th straight year Shaka Smart's team will not finish first in its conference regular season. Pretty amazing for a program that has been so good, not to finish first at least once.

Big win for Dayton. Murray St won again as well.
If Mack is too rich give me one of Prohm or Miller or maybe White and i'm happy.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@kg01 - yeah, that one is about as realistic as my Jay Wright pipe dream.

Meanwhile, Will Wade showed out in Chattanooga again this year.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Rick is not my fav, but I would take him for the right price. At 60 it would certainly be his last job. But he would likely recruit really well in Atlanta. He could likely get the program rebuilt and have it in good shape when he retires for someone to take over.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I was looking for him to be fired last season. He's starting to get attention as one who always has great talent but hasn't done a lot with it. That TX is a football-heavy school is the reason he's flown under the radar so long.

RR hit it on the head. Would do well here on the recruiting trail. May actually be a good pickup although I'd rather hire an up-and-comer.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Rick Barnes? I'll pass.

Was on the verge of getting fired last year, made the tournament, got a contract extension.

Entered the season with a top 10 team, added even more talent, including #2 player in the nation, and promptly went in the toilet (I'm aware they had an early season injury issue, but never bounced back).

He's like the Mark Richt of college hoops. Also, I think he was the coach in charge the last time we had extended success against Clemson.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Jon Rothstein banging the Texas drum today. I wonder if Rick Barnes paid him off. Based on his logic, we might make the NIT.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Based on that first tweet, I'm pretty sure Tech is a NCAA team several times over. We have far more close losses than Texas!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Based on that first tweet, I'm pretty sure Tech is a NCAA team several times over. We have far more close losses than Texas!
I didn't want to go there, but you nailed it. I kind of wanted to tweet that at Rothstein. We have like 3 blowout losses this year, in total, so based on his logic, we should probably be a 5 seed.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Thats fitting. Because a 5 always loses to a 12. We would most definitely be that 5 this year.
We would make for great TV. You know we'd take the game into OT and lose in dramatic fashion.

They just have to make sure to only show the dramatic last minute of the game, not the crappy 10 minute scoreless parts.