Coaches on the Hot Seat

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Didnt start him on senior night and played basically the entire roster before getting him in with 1:40 left in the game.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Didnt start him on senior night and played basically the entire roster before getting him in with 1:40 left in the game.
Yea I didn't understand that at all. The game was over after about 7 minutes. Put the dude in and let him play if he has been such an integral part of your team for 4 years. Low class by CBG on that one. Doyle got in the game... Peek can't be much worse.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
We should probably pump the breaks on the "low class" comments.. Nothing that CBG has done before speans to him being anything but a classy and invested coach.

I know people are frustrated with the on the court performance, but suggesting that he intentionally or even knowingly robbed Peek of the time just for grins is out of line. Some coached make it a point to put the guys in at the end of the game so they can get applause coming into the game on their own. Some coaches let the guys play at the end so they get to be on the court for the final sounds of the buzzer.

I just don't see him snubbing Peek, and think we should give the guy the benefit of the doubt, realizing he may acting on worthy motives unknown to us.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We should probably pump the breaks on the "low class" comments.. Nothing that CBG has done before speans to him being anything but a classy and invested coach.

I know people are frustrated with the on the court performance, but suggesting that he intentionally or even knowingly robbed Peek of the time just for grins is out of line. Some coached make it a point to put the guys in at the end of the game so they can get applause coming into the game on their own. Some coaches let the guys play at the end so they get to be on the court for the final sounds of the buzzer.

I just don't see him snubbing Peek, and think we should give the guy the benefit of the doubt, realizing he may acting on worthy motives unknown to us.
I will agree that I'm not ready to call BG low class on the whole and I don't know what the situation was. To be honest though, in a game that had relative little meaning overall, but could have been a moment of pride for a young man that's been busting his butt for 4 years, you should be starting him. So while I agree to not call BG low class and I honestly don't think he is, I will call this a shameful incident.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I am guilty of the low class comment. I'll own it, and I don't care, this incident regardless of circumstance was low class. If the kid was healthy enough and eligible to play the last. 2 minutes of the game he should have starting the effing game. Period. Done.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I am just saying we aren't in the club house and we aren't with the guys. The way the team has rallied around itself and continued to play hard for the team and the coach suggests he is well respected by the guys. I think it is a stretch to suggest otherwise, and without something tangible it just feels wrong to me.

Not trying to flame, but I'm just saying.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I am just saying we aren't in the club house and we aren't with the guys. The way the team has rallied around itself and continued to play hard for the team and the coach suggests he is well respected by the guys. I think it is a stretch to suggest otherwise, and without something tangible it just feels wrong to me.

Not trying to flame, but I'm just saying.

I hear you. I just didn't think anyone said anything over the line.

Brian has been all class since day 1 which made this incident really strange. It could be that he wanted to get the gentleman in late to get an applause, but it got lost in the shuffle so it didn't have the effect it could/should have.

I also agree that the guys have clearly rallied around him during this tough period. Unfortunately, it's too little/too late.

franklinjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Obviously CBG wanted to keep his best guys out there in such a tight game. Can't blame him for keeping the deep subs on the bench until the outcome was no longer in doubt. /sarcasm

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I hear you. I just didn't think anyone said anything over the line.

Brian has been all class since day 1 which made this incident really strange. It could be that he wanted to get the gentleman in late to get an applause, but it got lost in the shuffle so it didn't have the effect it could/should have.

I also agree that the guys have clearly rallied around him during this tough period. Unfortunately, it's too little/too late.

We also don't know the situation in the locker room. Maybe he discussed it with the kid first and they were both okay with it.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Morrison worst coach in GT history.

CBG - 4iar over uga, beat #2(?) um at their place, beat cuse at their place, no matter how much we hate it this year he was really close ( i know does not matter) in lots of games including at puke, and i really believe the guys never quit.

I think he is a classy guy and hope he lands a great position after GT

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Morrison worst coach in GT history.

CBG - 4iar over uga, beat #2(?) um at their place, beat cuse at their place, no matter how much we hate it this year he was really close ( i know does not matter) in lots of games including at puke, and i really believe the guys never quit.

I think he is a classy guy and hope he lands a great position after GT
All fair statements about BG.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Why did it take me a week and a half to realize Pitino called BG a top 15 coach in the Country because there are 15 ACC schools?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
CBG's seat has to be like a forge right now. It cannot be a comfortable place. But, I am impressed with his classy way of handling this season. In spite of the obvious shortcomings, he is a straight up guy. I respect that in him.