Coaches on the Hot Seat

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm watching Noodles team get beat down by a very talented but underachieving UNLV team. I like Dave Rice. A little. Great recruiter but average coach.
I think New Mexico is just down too much due to injuries at this point. That UNLV team might as well be the Derrick Favors GT team, although I think they just lost their star FR to a torn mensicus.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
That UNLV roster has had a TON of turnover. Enter each year with a couple of really good recruits and big impact transfers, have not done much with any of it, then see guys transfer or leave for the pros when they shouldn't.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Don't know where to put this, so just gonna put it here because I think it reflects on current situation and pretty much everyone interested in GT hoops is reading this thread

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Maybe this needs its own thread, but it's certain about coaching. When John Thompson won the national championship, he was asked how it felt to be the first black coach to win. His response was, "I don't know. You'll have to ask John McLendon." I just finished reading an advance copy of "The Secret Game, A basketball Story in Black & White" by Scott Ellsworth. Read it. The release date is March 10. It is imperative for all basketball fans. It was my commitment to Black History Month.

scotts

Jolly Good Fellow
MBob cannot afford to bring back CBG. Too many season tickets will not return next year if he retruns IMO.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
MBob cannot afford to bring back CBG. Too many season tickets will not return next year if he retruns IMO.
This^^^^ Sticking with him after the past 4 years would be the dumbest non move ever made. You think McCamish is empty now... whew. Plus recruiting would plummet completely because no way is he a long term solution in the eyes of anybody

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

I already dropped mine last year. In fact, I am finding the women's basketball team more interesting, and more entertaining to watch than the men's team. And that says something, as in the past, I have never been able to watch women's basketball for more than 10 minutes at a time. Nowadays, I can't watch the GT men's team for more than 10 minutes. That's about what I gave them yesterday.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
This^^^^ Sticking with him after the past 4 years would be the dumbest non move ever made. You think McCamish is empty now... whew. Plus recruiting would plummet completely because no way is he a long term solution in the eyes of anybody

Recruiting has already plummeted
And Woodford is delicious.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Harvard won last night, putting them in good position to win the Ivy and get the autobid again (no tourney in the Ivy)
Underwood won again
Neal's injury depleted team lost again.
Ben Jacobson won again holding another team below 40 pts.

UGA caught a lucky break with AL Being without second leading scorer Ricky Tarrant, who was suspended after AL win over Auburn on Wednesday due to 2 technicals - the second being an inadvertant elbow that was a flagrant 1 that with the 1st technical becomes a 2nd technical. I think they make the tourney - unless they lose to Missou at home.