Coach’s radio show

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Actually, I don’t think they’re doing what they have been told.

Go rewatch the game.

At some point it’s the players job to run, kick, pass, tackle, and block.

And who’s job (literal job) is it to have them prepared (physically and mentally) to do so? And to correct foolish behavior when it occurs? If the coach isn’t needed, then why do we have them and pay them ungodly amounts of money for what they do?

At any rate, I’ve said my peace on all of this, so I’m going to back off from posting much about it. It is what it is, and it’s time for the team to put up or shut up. I’m going to watch Tech no matter what, but I can do so without thinking the staff is doing the job.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
You guys keep saying all of this but have you rewatched the game?

It wasn’t all coaching. Pretty much everyone on the team sucked that day except for PH3.

You’re taking what you saw, being emotional, and then taking out on the first reason you want it to be, the new coaching staff.

You keep saying all this but have you rewatched the game? It was mostly on the coaching. They failed to take advantage of mismatches on O, failed to make adjustments on D, and failed miserably with clock management...which isn’t exactly rocket science.

Your seeing valid criticisms, being emotional, and then throwing the players under the bus because the coaches didn’t put them in a position to succeed.

Is CGC paying you for “social media influencing”?

White_Gold

GT Athlete
And who’s job (literal job) is it to have them prepared (physically and mentally) to do so? And to correct foolish behavior when it occurs? If the coach isn’t needed, then why do we have them and pay them ungodly amounts of money for what they do?

At any rate, I’ve said my peace on all of this, so I’m going to back off from posting much about it. It is what it is, and it’s time for the team to put up or shut up. I’m going to watch Tech no matter what, but I can do so without thinking the staff is doing the job.

I’m 100% positive that there’s behavior correction going on.

You have to understand, the guys currently on the team we’re brought in to run the option/Ted Roof defense.
They are not suited to do what they’re doing. I posit that talented football players can adapt to new and different schemes relatively easily.
I really want to be wrong, but it’s starting to become quite clear that the guys are lacking in this department. Whoever brought these players here, part of the loss is on them too. They’re completely over their heads.

White_Gold

GT Athlete
You keep saying all this but have you rewatched the game? It was mostly on the coaching. They failed to take advantage of mismatches on O, failed to make adjustments on D, and failed miserably with clock management...which isn’t exactly rocket science.

Your seeing valid criticisms, being emotional, and then throwing the players under the bus because the coaches didn’t put them in a position to succeed.

Is CGC paying you for “social media influencing”?

Go rewatch the game. The guys miss a ton of assignments, stop blocking after a couple seconds, drop balls that hit them in the hands, Trent Dilfer the football, and everything else you can do to look like a talentless hack out there. That’s just on offense.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m 100% positive that there’s behavior correction going on.

You have to understand, the guys currently on the team we’re brought in to run the option/Ted Roof defense.
They are not suited to do what they’re doing. I posit that talented football players can adapt to new and different schemes relatively easily.
I really want to be wrong, but it’s starting to become quite clear that the guys are lacking in this department. Whoever brought these players here, part of the loss is on them too. They’re completely over their heads.

I hope you’re right, I really do. I just feel I also see signs that the coaching staff is in over their heads as well. And yes, I know that it seems like saying that is premature, but I’m not the only one that thinks they see it. Not by a long shot. I also see nothing in the coaching staff’s past that indicates they are competent enough to navigate this change. And we can’t afford (literally) to lose more fans at BDS while the ship is hopefully righted.

KCJackets

Jolly Good Fellow
A lot would start at other ACC programs. Have you seen the conference this year? We have a more talent on D than other teams in the conference.

Jordan Mason is averaging more ypc than Cam Akers behind an OL that, to hear our fans talk, is made of tissue. Mason is ranked 6th in rush yards and 8th in ypc in the ACC. He's only going to go up as the other backs have their annual game against Clemson.

My comment was in regards to OL and QB.

I don't think LJ or TO start for another team in our conference.

Our OL is what it is. Undersized. Lightly recruited. Playing a Vandy back-up and walkons should tell you all you need to know.

We still should be coaching better and a loss to the Citadel is inexcusable.

We have some good pieces at RB and WR. Agree that we need to do a better job utilizing them more.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
How many times have you watched it? I just don’t see how anyone who rewatched the game can pin this solely on the coaching staff without also giving a healthy dose of criticism to the players.

That can be down to a simple difference in who we think is responsible. In my opinion, it’s far more on the coaches than the players. Our coaches could have easily found a way to win Saturday with our players. And actually did more to prevent a win by the incessant QB switching than they did to secure a win. Oliver may not be the QB the coaches want for their ideal system, but he was succeeding in moving the ball. And it’s perfectly ok for us not to see eye to eye on that.

White_Gold

GT Athlete
That can be down to a simple difference in who we think is responsible. In my opinion, it’s far more on the coaches than the players. Our coaches could have easily found a way to win Saturday with our players. And actually did more to prevent a win by the incessant QB switching than they did to secure a win. Oliver may not be the QB the coaches want for their ideal system, but he was succeeding in moving the ball. And it’s perfectly ok for us not to see eye to eye on that.

Did you rewatch the game, yes or no? How many times?

But if u remember paul put a guy like barrick at tackle because he wanted a smaller guy there to scoop and get to the second level. That was less out of need and more out of body type. Iirc didnt gardner make it to the nfl and play almost every game in 2008 or was that 09? We have no nfl caliber on this line not close. Also same thing with voss. He was a plugger center and paul wanted a smaller quick guy and bedford fit that mold. Its HOW different the guys are between these systems. Its drastic. Paul johnson also had cordaro howard at guard. Another nfl lineman.

Iirc in 2008. Cpj had TWO nfl lineman on his ol. Its a joke to compare. And i dont know why we are

Collins was left a far worse team in talent than paul. Its just true. Anyone can see it. We had 4 nfl players on offense in 2008. And a few on d

Its no different than paul pulling glennons offer for qb. And collins pulling the ol offers essentially too.
This was a game against The Citadel, man .... THE CITADEL !!! Enuf said.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I just don’t see how anyone who rewatched the game can pin this solely on the coaching staff without also giving a healthy dose of criticism to the players.
I have a hard time doing something I don't like. I don't like brussel sprouts, ate them once but won't do it again. Yes the players didn't give it their all but is it not the coaches responsibility . I know someone can call a better game than our OC. And I know he ain't going anywhere this year and maybe next year but I hope for CGC he wakes up and keeps an eye on him or it could cost him his job down the road. But then CPJ kept his offensive line coach.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Then what are you watching to think that missing tons of assignments is on the coaching staff?

Are the coaches responsible for having the right players on the field, AND having them prepped for game day? Yes or no? Are you suggesting that the players missing assignments were doing so all in unison on the same day by their own decision? Or could the possibility exist that the coaches didn’t have a clue in how to prepare them for what they were seeing?

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
That’s your take but that’s not why it’s actually monumental.

Pretty much everyone across the country is in agreement that it’s quite monumental transition because of how the last staff did things.

agreed. That dismal loss was embarrassing but outside the southeast, I doubt anyone noticed nor care. All the national press and predictions over the summer were that we were in for a rough ride due to this major rebuild. The fans here and other forums seem to be the only ones terribly surprised by this.

I have a hard time doing something I don't like. I don't like brussel sprouts, ate them once but won't do it again. Yes the players didn't give it their all but is it not the coaches responsibility . I know someone can call a better game than our OC. And I know he ain't going anywhere this year and maybe next year but I hope for CGC he wakes up and keeps an eye on him or it could cost him his job down the road. But then CPJ kept his offensive line coach.
Sewak was a pretty damn good OL coach initially. Later on, not so much, and he should have retired or been replaced. But in those first few years, I don't see how anybody could fault what he did or the product he produced.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
How many times have you watched it? I just don’t see how anyone who rewatched the game can pin this solely on the coaching staff without also giving a healthy dose of criticism to the players.

I think there is a healthy dose of criticism for all involved. It is interesting in your perspective though. Jeremy Pruitt was getting creamed in the media over the loss to Georgia State and ex Vol players tweeted video showing players slow walking on the field rather than being engaged in the play. The players' response was "That isn't Tennessee football and those players need to get canned today." Two were.

White_Gold

GT Athlete
I think there is a healthy dose of criticism for all involved. It is interesting in your perspective though. Jeremy Pruitt was getting creamed in the media over the loss to Georgia State and ex Vol players tweeted video showing players slow walking on the field rather than being engaged in the play. The players' response was "That isn't Tennessee football and those players need to get canned today." Two were.

Yep, that sounds about right.