Coach’s radio show changes

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
And we have a winner .

I for one think marketing is is not bear the top of coaches skill set.
Gtaa needed new blood.
Maybe t sran can put coach in situations where he can be personable.

I have net him and really like his genuineness
Hey Ice, you know your allowed to proof read your posts before you hit the reply button. You can even make corrections after the fact with the edit button. :whistle:

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I would love to attend.

Dr and Mrs Jacket seemed to have great time, but we drive 5 hr for game so.. not practical. .

Will listen for sure.

The kiddo and I love going.
We never ever ever asked questions.
It's more about being in an intimate environment with like minded fans and listen to the best coach in the land represent our team. ..
And his facial expressions were awesome as well.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I haven't seen ANY that say he can do no wrong. I have seen many that argue he: doesn't know how to coach, his offense can't gain more than 3 yards per play, he doesn't understand basic football, he is a jerk that flips everyone off if they dare say hello, etc, etc, etc. I would ask, is it the coach and people who support the coach and the team who "split the fan base", or people who believe that the coach and most of the players on the team suck? I would say that the fan base isn't split. We have some people who support the team, and we have some people who believe they are fans, but speak poorly about players as often as they can.
RJ, after reading gtswarm and other boards for a few years I get the impression there is a split of the fan base.There was with Gailey too. Who knows, it could be like DC says, 5%/5%/90% in the middlle, with only the strong feeling fans taking time to post.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
RJ, after reading gtswarm and other boards for a few years I get the impression there is a split of the fan base.There was with Gailey too. Who knows, it could be like DC says, 5%/5%/90% in the middlle, with only the strong feeling fans taking time to post.

In most internet forums it is true that people on extreme sides of issues post the most and post the loudest.

As I stated before I don't know of many if any posters who say he can do no wrong. I do argue against the CPJ sucks comments, but it is because most of those comments don't appear to have any actual merit:

• CPJ's offense can only gain 3-4 yards in any play -- Well GT has consistently been close to the top of the explosive plays category, so I don't see how any objective analysis could arrive at that conclusion.
  • CPJ doesn't care if GT beats UGA(A stocker at Walmart told me this, and that he won't watch GT football until CPJ leaves because of it) -- I have no idea where he got that idea.
  • CPJ is a jerk and doesn't want to interact with fans/media -- I have met him a couple of times(just at meet and greets so no real personal interaction) and he was very nice. There are plenty of posts in this thread citing actual personal interactions with fans in which he is much more than cordial. Where does this belief come from? The pressers on youtube used to not be available to the fans. They are basically just after practice and a way for the press to get statements so they can report in the evenings. The press asks questions, he give answers. He is probably tired and ready to get back to his office to continue working. If the belief comes from our "flagship" station, then those who believe that should understand that they are not listening to sports radio. They are listening to blowhards who act like the bad parts of Twitter. They drive a narrative that CPJ is a jerk and they ask questions with the intention of making it appear that he is: "What/How long will it take for GT to be competitive with the middle of the SEC?" If you listen to CPJ on national media or media from other areas, they ask actual questions related to football, his life, GT players, etc and they get very good answers. Several of those types of media people that I have heard were very complimentary of him, his attitude, and his answers.
  • CPJ picks a starter based solely on who he likes and ignores any actual football evidence and will not change. -- This one is a major pet peeve of mine. We fans don't have any idea what happens at practice. We see that player A can cut better than the starter, or throw better than the starter, or is faster than the starter. We don't see that player A doesn't have as good a grasp of the plays, or can't work the mesh without fumbling, or isn't as good at seeing the routs, or whatever. It seems to me that people believe that a backup who is better at one thing will not have any fall off with other things that are also important. Add to that, CPJ has replaced starters in games and has rotated people in different positions to take advantage of different abilities. It seems to me that the people who post these things believe the grass is greener with whatever backup, but ignore any potential downsides.
I do support CPJ, but does pointing out glaring holes in broad, cutting, and inflammatory comments make me a rabid CPJ supporter? I don't think so. I think it makes me a person who tries to look objectively at evidence and not someone screams and shouts about some general vague idea that I want to argue about.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
In most internet forums it is true that people on extreme sides of issues post the most and post the loudest.

As I stated before I don't know of many if any posters who say he can do no wrong. I do argue against the CPJ sucks comments, but it is because most of those comments don't appear to have any actual merit:

• CPJ's offense can only gain 3-4 yards in any play -- Well GT has consistently been close to the top of the explosive plays category, so I don't see how any objective analysis could arrive at that conclusion.
  • CPJ doesn't care if GT beats UGA(A stocker at Walmart told me this, and that he won't watch GT football until CPJ leaves because of it) -- I have no idea where he got that idea.
  • CPJ is a jerk and doesn't want to interact with fans/media -- I have met him a couple of times(just at meet and greets so no real personal interaction) and he was very nice. There are plenty of posts in this thread citing actual personal interactions with fans in which he is much more than cordial. Where does this belief come from? The pressers on youtube used to not be available to the fans. They are basically just after practice and a way for the press to get statements so they can report in the evenings. The press asks questions, he give answers. He is probably tired and ready to get back to his office to continue working. If the belief comes from our "flagship" station, then those who believe that should understand that they are not listening to sports radio. They are listening to blowhards who act like the bad parts of Twitter. They drive a narrative that CPJ is a jerk and they ask questions with the intention of making it appear that he is: "What/How long will it take for GT to be competitive with the middle of the SEC?" If you listen to CPJ on national media or media from other areas, they ask actual questions related to football, his life, GT players, etc and they get very good answers. Several of those types of media people that I have heard were very complimentary of him, his attitude, and his answers.
  • CPJ picks a starter based solely on who he likes and ignores any actual football evidence and will not change. -- This one is a major pet peeve of mine. We fans don't have any idea what happens at practice. We see that player A can cut better than the starter, or throw better than the starter, or is faster than the starter. We don't see that player A doesn't have as good a grasp of the plays, or can't work the mesh without fumbling, or isn't as good at seeing the routs, or whatever. It seems to me that people believe that a backup who is better at one thing will not have any fall off with other things that are also important. Add to that, CPJ has replaced starters in games and has rotated people in different positions to take advantage of different abilities. It seems to me that the people who post these things believe the grass is greener with whatever backup, but ignore any potential downsides.
I do support CPJ, but does pointing out glaring holes in broad, cutting, and inflammatory comments make me a rabid CPJ supporter? I don't think so. I think it makes me a person who tries to look objectively at evidence and not someone screams and shouts about some general vague idea that I want to argue about.

This may be among the top 10 posts of all time on here!

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
That is a reply I would expect from a 10 year old stuff like this is why a lot of fans of other teams think some GT fans are arrogant a — — holes ! Some GT fans expect more than mediocre out of GT teams!
Imo, Supersize summed it up precisely.
Maybe you should proof read or edit yours too.
Just sayin'. Read your post and hopefully you will see what I mean. ;)
Your eyes are still pretty sharp for an old timer! ;)

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
My wife and I checked out Six Feet Under this past Saturday for lunch. It is up a hill from 3 Dollar Cafe so it has pretty good views of the high rises in downtown, Peachtree Street and Atlantic Station (my neck of the woods). The parking lot behind the building is valet only at $2 plus gratuity. There is a sizable free lot a couple doors to the west and on the opposite side of the street. They have indoor seating downstairs and an open air deck upstairs. The stairs to get to the deck, where the show will probably take place, is fairly long and narrow; I would estimate that it is the equivalent of 2 standard stair levels. The food is primarily seafood; menu is online. I had the shrimp basket with onion rings - the rings were on the greasy side, varsity-ish with less breading but a good flavor. My wife had the catfish tacos which came with the standard 3 soft tacos. Portion sizes were adequate, not excessive.

Being outdoors, I suspect that any rainy Monday evenings this fall will result in the show being moved to the studio without the audience.

By the way, weather on Saturday was absolutely fantastic and it was nice sitting on the deck at Six Feet Under overlooking Atlanta.