Coach’s radio show changes

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Face the facts, to some PJ fans he can do no wrong and want him to stay at Tech forever, to others he is smug, smarmy,and not a good representative for Tech. Is it no wonder that he has split the football fan base.

I haven't seen ANY that say he can do no wrong. I have seen many that argue he: doesn't know how to coach, his offense can't gain more than 3 yards per play, he doesn't understand basic football, he is a jerk that flips everyone off if they dare say hello, etc, etc, etc. I would ask, is it the coach and people who support the coach and the team who "split the fan base", or people who believe that the coach and most of the players on the team suck? I would say that the fan base isn't split. We have some people who support the team, and we have some people who believe they are fans, but speak poorly about players as often as they can.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
Face the facts, to some PJ fans he can do no wrong and want him to stay at Tech forever, to others he is smug, smarmy,and not a good representative for Tech. Is it no wonder that he has split the football fan base.
So how has he personally split the fan base???

I think there’s very few in the dislike PJ category, they’re just the most vocal and persistent. I’m fairly sure what side you’re on based off your responses here.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Seems to me you want to define the argument, argue it both ways, and then decide as a result the fan base is split. Somehow I don't think a debate coach would let you skate on that.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Let me share something with you that only a couple people are aware of. My Mother (@SavhGTMom) passed away last year from cancer. She was not an alum, she was not a donor, she was no one special as far as anyone at GTAA was concerned. She was just a fan of GT and a believer in CPJ. Paul Johnson (via a GTSwarm member) was made aware of my Mother's illness. I will always remember the look of surprise/shock/pleasure on my Mother's face the day she opened a get-well card signed by Paul Johnson. At first, she couldn't/wouldn't believe that he would send her a card but I finally convinced her he had.
I don't care what ANYBODY says - I know for a fact that Coach Paul Johnson cares!

Thank you for sharing that. Paul Johnson has so many positives. It's easy for many of us to point out negative things that happen when it comes to our Jackets. All of us on this site only want the best for our football program. He is a good man.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Why is everyone assuming that because the show is moving to a studio location that the call in portion is actually being eliminated? Jim can still call in from Auburn, he’ll just be calling a line at the studio instead of the restaurant. Those callers weren’t actually there in the building.
True, but as someone who’s been attending the show live for 6+ years now, I’ll miss those Monday nights in Fall. Its a shame that they moved to 3DC after 2015, because the acoustics there were AWFUL, for both the live crowd and the radio audience. I’m sure that’s part of what gut-punched the live show.

(It didn’t help that @DrJacket and @MrsDrJacket left us.:()

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Split the fan base??? Ok, it's split 3 ways:
5% the first way you mention,
5% the second and
90% for everybody in the middle.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Ok i had no idea about that specific example and im sorry about your mother. Just in my personal opinion, in general i don't think CPJ cares about the fans. Just my opinion

Ya. Despite specific instances cited of CPJ caring I can’t believe he cares. Despite many examples of his great sense of humor I can’t believe he has a sense of humor. Despite what players say about how fun he is and examples of him demonstrating he cares about them...I can’t believe he is fun for the players to be around and can’t believe he cares about any except for wins and losses.

Despite the fact that I don’t know him at all personally, and others here actually do, I can’t believe he’s not an *** no matter what the people that know him say.

Believe what you want I just.....can’t. :rolleyes:

Ya. Despite specific instances cited of CPJ caring I can’t believe he cares. Despite many examples of his great sense of humor I can’t believe he has a sense of humor. Despite what players say about how fun he is and examples of him demonstrating he cares about them...I can’t believe he is fun for the players to be around and can’t believe he cares about any except for wins and losses.

Despite the fact that I don’t know him at all personally, and others here actually do, I can’t believe he’s not an *** no matter what the people that know him say.

Believe what you want I just.....can’t. :rolleyes:
I hope that was sarcasm. If it was not, then I simply have no words.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Blaming CPJ is a waste of time.

Tech has been absolutely terrible at marketing. Winning takes money. Raising money requires marketing. We have got to figure out how to market our product.

We should consider ourselves a start-up competing against established brands and try to be more creative than them.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Blaming CPJ is a waste of time.

Tech has been absolutely terrible at marketing. Winning takes money. Raising money requires marketing. We have got to figure out how to market our product.

We should consider ourselves a start-up competing against established brands and try to be more creative than them.
And we have a winner .

I for one think marketing is is not bear the top of coaches skill set.
Gtaa needed new blood.
Maybe t sran can put coach in situations where he can be personable.

I have net him and really like his genuineness

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
You never know what would make anew fan like GT but this coach seems to do all he can to stay away from fan contact . I will be so happy when he’s gone.

Just watch his press conferences. You could pull answers from 2998 and plug them in 10 years later. Same smart azz responses.

Just imagine what he thinks of the fans.