Coach’s radio show changes

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
The Paul Johnson Show will have a new format in 2018, with the four shows that precede home ACC games airing live from a new location – Six Feet Under in West Midtown (685 11th Street). Those shows will take place on Monday, Sept. 17 (pre-Clemson), Monday, Oct. 8 (pre-Duke), Monday, Nov. 5 (pre-Miami) and Monday, Nov. 12 (pre-Virginia).

The remaining shows will originate from Georgia Tech football headquarters at Bobby Dodd Stadium. While those shows cannot feature a live audience due to space constraints, fans will still be able to submit questions for Johnson via social media, using the hashtag #AskCPJ.

I know some people will hate only having four live shows, but I really like this change. The audio with the live show was bad at times, but I really like the idea of not hear the stupid @ss questions from most of the callers.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The Paul Johnson Show will have a new format in 2018, with the four shows that precede home ACC games airing live from a new location – Six Feet Under in West Midtown (685 11th Street). Those shows will take place on Monday, Sept. 17 (pre-Clemson), Monday, Oct. 8 (pre-Duke), Monday, Nov. 5 (pre-Miami) and Monday, Nov. 12 (pre-Virginia).

The remaining shows will originate from Georgia Tech football headquarters at Bobby Dodd Stadium. While those shows cannot feature a live audience due to space constraints, fans will still be able to submit questions for Johnson via social media, using the hashtag #AskCPJ.

I know some people will hate only having four live shows, but I really like this change. The audio with the live show was bad at times, but I really like the idea of not hear the stupid @ss questions from most of the callers.
Thanks for the info;)(y)

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
What time and channel is the Paul Johnson TV show on?
The first Georgia Tech IMG Sports Network broadcast of 2018-19 is set for Monday, Aug. 27 when the Paul Johnson Show returns to the airwaves. The weekly call-in show for Georgia Tech’s head football coach, hosted by the “Voice of the Yellow Jackets” Andy Demetra, will air from 7-8 p.m. It can be heard locally on the flagship station of the Georgia Tech IMG Sports Network, 680/93.7 The Fan, and worldwide on the GT Gameday app and TuneIn app.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer

Good information until the last comment. I've never called the show, but I realize the people calling in are just like any other college football fans. I actually like to hear from the outsider fans. Expect CPJ to get a bunch of softball questions once the show moves away from the live audience show.
I want to point out something that really appears odd to me.
1. Last year there was no Signing Day event because Tech couldn't find a place to hold the event because of construction to the new locker room. Seriously?
2. The spring game was not televised because it interfered the women's softball team that was already scheduled for a game the same Friday night. The softball team had their schedule out before the spring game date was announced.
3. Now the "football headquarters" for the call-in show. Is it that hard to find a place to have the coach meet the public?
We're trying to attract new fans?

Last edited:

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Good information until the last comment. I've never called the show, but I realize the people calling in are just like any other college football fans. I actually like to hear from the outsider fans. Expect CPJ to get a bunch of softball questions once the show moves away from the live audience show.
I want to point out something that really appears odd to me.
1. Last year there was no Signing Day event because Tech couldn't find a place to hold the event because of construction to the new locker room. Seriously?
2. The spring game was not televised because it interfered the women's softball team that was already scheduled for a game the same Friday night. The softball team had their schedule out before the spring game date was announced.
3. Now the "football headquarters" for the call-in show. Is it that hard to find a place to have the coach meet the public?
We're trying to attract new fans?
We are, and continue to be, our own worst enemy.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Dang some of y’all would complain about anything. You honestly think the coach call in show is an “attraction” to new fans??
OK, I would agree that the coach's call in show is not going to attract new fans, but did you have a chance to read the AJC article about Todd Stansbury calling older fans that did not renew their season ticket orders. Paul Johnson is the face of Georgia Tech football. We have plenty of un-used seats. Tech has got to put it together in all areas even if it's a simple call in show.

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
OK, I would agree that the coach's call in show is not going to attract new fans, but did you have a chance to read the AJC article about Todd Stansbury calling older fans that did not renew their season ticket orders. Paul Johnson is the face of Georgia Tech football. We have plenty of un-used seats. Tech has got to put it together in all areas even if it's a simple call in show.
You never know what would make anew fan like GT but this coach seems to do all he can to stay away from fan contact . I will be so happy when he’s gone.