Clemson

crl85

Jolly Good Fellow
English just got HBP on the right hand. Stayed in the game but looked like it hurt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I def hope he is ok. It was bs that they hit two of our batters on two pitches in a row that accounted for 3 homeruns earlier in the game. McCann was not pleased and started walking towards the mound after Tristan got hit.

It prob wasnt intentional, but an umpire should eject a pitcher for sucking that badly if nothing else. Hit two in a row, you should be ejected as a safety liability.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
It’s not even close to what cost us the game (bullpen) but Danny calling for a stolen base attempt with 1 out, down 4 in the B9...wtf is he smoking. I get wanting to avoid the DP. But Jesus Christ. That’s asinine.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
What cost us the game was a multitude of mistakes/missed opportunities throughout the game. Whether it be leadoff walks, popups lost in the sun, men left on third with less than 2 out. It clearly wasn't one decision or 1 players/coaches fault today. They were all responsible today.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
I def hope he is ok. It was bs that they hit two of our batters on two pitches in a row that accounted for 3 homeruns earlier in the game. McCann was not pleased and started walking towards the mound after Tristan got hit.

It prob wasnt intentional, but an umpire should eject a pitcher for sucking that badly if nothing else. Hit two in a row, you should be ejected as a safety liability.

CDH pointed out in the post-game interview that the pitcher seemed to have pinpoint control for several innings after that. Hitting those 2 hitters in a row is highly suspicious in that light. Just hope it doesn't carry over past today with English. Our offense this week vs last week against VT when he was out of the lineup is strikingly different.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What cost us the game was a multitude of mistakes/missed opportunities throughout the game. Whether it be leadoff walks, popups lost in the sun, men left on third with less than 2 out. It clearly wasn't one decision or 1 players/coaches fault today. They were all responsible today.

Many things "lost" the game. Relievers not doing well. Hall putting Willingham in after two innings yesterday and keeping Carpenter in too long. Webb errors and missed plays. Austin missed FO that hit his glove. Rinse ad repeat. We have enough talent to overcome a lot of things like 2 errors yesterday, but not bunches of things.

I will say that thinking it over, I'm glad that Hall told the refs to FO and got thrown out of the game. Glad to see the fire is there even though it won't help him the next time those castrated refs call our game. Those two hit batters, who had both hit HRs, was no coincidence and was BS. It didn't change the game IMHO but was rinky dink. Clemson has now won 2 of their last 9 ACC games. With @NC State and WF, I will definitely be pulling for those two more than I usually would.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer

Honestly 2-1 series is probably what we deserved in this series. We did not pitch well at all.

Deleted member 2897

Many things "lost" the game. Relievers not doing well. Hall putting Willingham in after two innings yesterday and keeping Carpenter in too long. Webb errors and missed plays. Austin missed FO that hit his glove. Rinse ad repeat. We have enough talent to overcome a lot of things like 2 errors yesterday, but not bunches of things.

I will say that thinking it over, I'm glad that Hall told the refs to FO and got thrown out of the game. Glad to see the fire is there even though it won't help him the next time those castrated refs call our game. Those two hit batters, who had both hit HRs, was no coincidence and was BS. It didn't change the game IMHO but was rinky dink. Clemson has now won 2 of their last 9 ACC games. With @NC State and WF, I will definitely be pulling for those two more than I usually would.

Yep, this is amateur baseball not the MLB. Boo freaking goo Clemson, poor sports. And F the Refs for being gutless fools. If I were Stansbury, I would give Hall an extension today and publicly. I’d flat out call out the Refs and our pkayers’ Safety.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I sincerely hope Tristin is OK. In his last at-bat (after being hit by that pitch in his previous at-bat), he winced in pain when he swung and missed on one pitch and did not look comfortable at all. Shortly thereafter, Jackson Webb replaced him as the first baseman in the field for the final inning.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I’m also worried about Brant Hurter. He started today and only pitched one inning, the first inning. Apparently he’s still having arm tightness, or soreness, or whatever it is.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't follow baseball closely, but I attended Sunday's game. For those who know, why did two umps go off the field when our second batter in a row got hit? Then they went back off the field later in the game after our other guy got hit? And why did only our home run hitters get hit by pitch? Why did the Clemson coach get tossed? Why didn't the Clemson pitcher get tossed after hitting the second guy? How did four infielders all lose the pop up? Why isn't that an error? Why did the wind only blow out that one time to aid a Clemson home run? Who was sitting with Paul Byrd? Why does his hair look red in person but not on tv? Wasn't that really a strike three they called a ball the pitch before his son hit the homer? Why didn't I use sunscreen? Am I delirious?

Deleted member 2897

I don't follow baseball closely, but I attended Sunday's game. For those who know, why did two umps go off the field when our second batter in a row got hit? Then they went back off the field later in the game after our other guy got hit? And why did only our home run hitters get hit by pitch? Why did the Clemson coach get tossed? Why didn't the Clemson pitcher get tossed after hitting the second guy? How did four infielders all lose the pop up? Why isn't that an error? Why did the wind only blow out that one time to aid a Clemson home run? Who was sitting with Paul Byrd? Why does his hair look red in person but not on tv? Wasn't that really a strike three they called a ball the pitch before his son hit the homer? Why didn't I use sunscreen? Am I delirious?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Better than most of my summaries.

Any injury update will be appreciated, but with no game till Friday, I don't think we'll hear anything.

FWIW I think Hurter is fine as Roedig was warming up in the first. If Hurter wasn't ok, he would have been pulled mid-inning. English has an injury to his throwing hand which could be worse.

Maybe we see Chase back this weekend or is he out for the rest of the year?

To make it through the week, I'll post a listing of our roster and draft prognostications today or tomorrow. Shameless plug, hope everyone subscribes. o_O

Buzz1126

Georgia Tech Fan
Stat sheet says 2 errors, but it was more like 5. There were several plays that should've been made that werent.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
That's good stuff right thar'!