Clemson

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Problem is...no hits.

That is not a good sign.

X is NOT a shut down pitcher at home....he is a power pitcher and if someone can meet his pitch they can hit it deep/ In big parks, he's fine, but at home, not so much.

Omaha is a very deep ballpark...

Deleted member 2897

4th inning isn’t over and their pitcher is at 80. But we have 1 hit LOL. Go figure.

Deleted member 2897

3 outs from glory in what has been a crazy game. If this is what it takes to win a game 1 - sheesh.

Deleted member 2897

8-5 B8.

We had 5 runs on 2 hits at one point. They’ve made so many blunders and we’ve made some great plays to flip what the score would normally probably be.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Omaha is a very deep ballpark...
i think the ACC Championships are in a big park as well.

I love X’s competitiveness and grit. In a bug ballpark (like Louisville’s) he can challenge hitters and get a ton of fly outs.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
i think the ACC Championships are in a big park as well.

I love X’s competitiveness and grit. In a bug ballpark (like Louisville’s) he can challenge hitters and get a ton of fly outs.

And that he did. I was there. A lot of hard hit fly balls with the wind blowing across the field that went no where except into a GT outfielder's mitt!

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Win, 8-7

Tristan gave up a 2 run dinger in the ninth to make it exciting.

But, we were outhit 13-6 and won the game. That is a good sign!

Finally a game we win that we didn’t necessarily “deserve.” Feel like this makes up for one of the UL/Miami/UVA 9th inning collapses. Credit to X for getting some important Ks when he got into trouble and the batters for a good approach at the plate.

If I’m not mistaken, I think at one point in the 3rd we were being outhit 0-7 and winning 2-1.

Deleted member 2897

Finally a game we win that we didn’t necessarily “deserve.” Feel like this makes up for one of the UL/Miami/UVA 9th inning collapses. Credit to X for getting some important Ks when he got into trouble and the batters for a good approach at the plate.

If I’m not mistaken, I think at one point in the 3rd we were being outhit 0-7 and winning 2-1.

Yep, we had 2 runs before we even had a hit. And then later on in the game we had 5 runs at one point on only 2 hits.

WE WON GAME 1!!!!

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
CDH was asked in post game interview about English's availability to pitch Sun (40ish pitches... he's obviously not pitching today). He said they would see how he feels and "maybe" he'd be able to go 1 inning Sunday.
Hoping we won’t even need him, as the tiggers will just be happy to slink outof town, licking their wounds!!!

Deleted member 2897

Hoping we won’t even need him, as the tiggers will just be happy to slink outof town, licking their wounds!!!

Last night’s loss was devastating and they deserved to win. I really feel bad about not caring about that. Let’s take advantage and sweep them out of town.