Clemson

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Last night’s loss was devastating and they deserved to win. I really feel bad about not caring about that. Let’s take advantage and sweep them out of town.
They do look like a team that is waiting to see how they will lose the next game....

'Course, that probably means they will break out today against the best pitcher in the ACC....

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
CDH was asked in post game interview about English's availability to pitch Sun (40ish pitches... he's obviously not pitching today). He said they would see how he feels and "maybe" he'd be able to go 1 inning Sunday.

As I said in chat, I think that was the plan when Chapman didn't come back out for the 8th. Chapman faced one batter and struck him out in 4 pitches. I'm in favor of a quick hook, but not that fast!! I'd have kept Chapman in till he got 1 or 2 on ......

Finally a game we win that we didn’t necessarily “deserve.” Feel like this makes up for one of the UL/Miami/UVA 9th inning collapses. Credit to X for getting some important Ks when he got into trouble and the batters for a good approach at the plate.

If I’m not mistaken, I think at one point in the 3rd we were being outhit 0-7 and winning 2-1.

Last night’s loss was devastating and they deserved to win. I really feel bad about not caring about that. Let’s take advantage and sweep them out of town.

With all due respect, bull sh!t. Here's the way I look at the box score having also watched some of the game. Hits are one thing but far far from the whole story.

We had 6 hits and 9 walks and 1 HBP. Add to that their 3 errors which are like hits for us. We had no base running errors I saw. Gives you 19 (=6+9+1+3-0) men in play.

Clemson had 13 hits, 4 walks and no HBP. Add to that our 1 error. And takeaway what I think were 3 base running errors /pickoffs. Gives you 15 (=13+4+0+1-3) men in play.

So we had 19 men in play to their 15. Don't forget our stats were in 8 innings and theirs were in 9. So we "deserved" the win. Clemson was pushing too hard and made lots of mistakes , so they didn't deserve to win.

Our team has found a way to win. Period. We would have lost this game last year but the new patient approach at the plate makes up for times when the bats are cold. Just hope we keep it up today.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
As I said in chat, I think that was the plan when Chapman didn't come back out for the 8th. Chapman faced one batter and struck him out in 4 pitches. I'm in favor of a quick hook, but not that fast!! I'd have kept Chapman in till he got 1 or 2 on ......

With all due respect, bull sh!t. Here's the way I look at the box score having also watched some of the game. Hits are one thing but far far from the whole story.

We had 6 hits and 9 walks and 1 HBP. Add to that their 3 errors which are like hits for us. We had no base running errors I saw. Gives you 19 (=6+9+1+3-0) men in play.

Clemson had 13 hits, 4 walks and no HBP. Add to that our 1 error. And takeaway what I think were 3 base running errors /pickoffs. Gives you 15 (=13+4+0+1-3) men in play.

So we had 19 men in play to their 15. Don't forget our stats were in 8 innings and theirs were in 9. So we "deserved" the win. Clemson was pushing too hard and made lots of mistakes , so they didn't deserve to win.

Our team has found a way to win. Period. We would have lost this game last year but the new patient approach at the plate makes up for times when the bats are cold. Just hope we keep it up today.
I didn't want to see Chapman pulled either, but he should be available still today as well as Carpenter, Roedig, and Willingham so we still have some depth today.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer

Calm yourself. You know what I mean. We deserved that sweep against UL but they drew 3/4 walks in the 9th too.

Hell look at the 1st. We scored 2 because of a balk and one of the worst errors I’ve ever seen. Seriously go back and watch it. The 2B was 15 feet from the 1B and threw an easy throw for the 3rd out and the 1B had a stroke or something. Watched the ball go right by his glove. Announcers didn’t even realize the ball was passed him for a second b/c it was such a routine play.

We deserved the win because we fought and had clutch plays. Okay. But this still makes up for one of the the three ACC games we just gave away earlier this year in my book.

Deleted member 2897

I am totally fine with you feeling different. I can see what you mean there. Good teams find ways to win. Like when we had 5 runs on 2 hits at one point. All good!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Calm yourself. You know what I mean. We deserved that sweep against UL but they drew 3/4 walks in the 9th too.

Hell look at the 1st. We scored 2 because of a balk and one of the worst errors I’ve ever seen. Seriously go back and watch it. The 2B was 15 feet from the 1B and threw an easy throw for the 3rd out and the 1B had a stroke or something. Watched the ball go right by his glove. Announcers didn’t even realize the ball was passed him for a second b/c it was such a routine play.

We deserved the win because we fought and had clutch plays. Okay. But this still makes up for one of the the three ACC games we just gave away earlier this year in my book.

I do know what you mean. Last night I pointed out we had an unearned win since we lost in earned runs 6-7.

I thought the misplayed fly ball in the eighth was one of the worst I've seen in a while.

And Waddell's two plays in the eighth won the game. In the ninth, he booted a ball and got the force at second. With a clean play, we could have gotten a DP. Then only a solo shot and one fewer batter for English to face. It's amazing how little things can snowball.

Love the lineup today with English at 1st and Guldberg DH. We'll see if English is a DH tomorrow ...... and of course Webb at third. I didn't watch the whole game yesterday. Did Webb do ok fielding / throwing? Looks like he had two assists and no errors.

To chat. I'll only be able to do first 1 1/2 hours.

Deleted member 2897

Good teams find ways to win even when they may not be having their best game. Georgia Tech seems to keep on finding ways to come up with it on those off days.

While not scientific, my research overtime lends me to believe that if you don’t win the first game, your chances of sweeping a series drop substantially. Let’s get it tomorrow! :D

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Great series win. Now let's get the sweep! There are only 2 teams in the ACC right now that have not either swept a team or been swept - GT and ND. ND split their first 2 with NC State, so it's up to us to make that 1 team!

Deleted member 2897

Up to number 7 in RPI

giphy.gif