Clemson 41 - GT 10

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Advanced box score for the game

We lost field position battle leading to an expected .96 points per drive. We only underperformed by a missed FG, which is really impressive given the D we were facing.

Mccollum and Jenkins were stand outs on offense. Sims played well, and has looked to have finally put pieces together.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Don’t forget 72

Collins: “I love that kid and I told him I love him. It’s tough to give elite effort on every single play, but that’s what he did tonight. Pushed himself to spring his teammate for big plays. Just optimum effort and an elite work ethic paying off once again” 😐

Stansbury: “I’ve got my man….” 😐

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I won’t say there weren’t some signs of hope, but at the end of the day we lost 41-10 and we’ve been outscored 154-16 the last four games. I have zero confidence we have the right leader to turn this around. I would LOVE to be proven wrong, though.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Just got home and watched the end of the first half. Why in the world do you take the runoff on the clock, not call a time out, have no one back to receive the punt, don’t try to block the punt and don’t give your offense at least a shot with two time outs to move the ball down the field. Totally baffling and the announcers were baffled as well. Our leader is clueless when the lights go on unfortunately. Sad.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Im not sure I have ever seen a game where the announcers just blatantly criticized the decisions by a coach as much as tonight. Our coaching is atrocious and at times makes no sense at all. Our DL played their hearts out for 2.5 quarters. After Clemson found a groove on offense it was blowout city. If they would have started the freshman then they may have won by 50.

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
Just got home and watched the end of the first half. Why in the world do you take the runoff on the clock, not call a time out, have no one back to receive the punt, don’t try to block the punt and don’t give your offense at least a shot with two time outs to move the ball down the field. Totally baffling and the announcers were baffled as well. Our leader is clueless when the lights go on unfortunately. Sad.
I've seen those types of things end bad

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Stansbury better start thinking about his career because he may just drown like Leonardo DiCaprio at the end of Titanic after Collins does his best Captain Smith imitation running our program into and iceberg and then sinking it. 😐

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Things to like:

Blue uniforms looked better than I thought they would.

Defense played hard, looks much improved, and stuffed Clemson running game for much of the game. And we actually got pressure on the QB.

Sims was sharp passing at times.

Play calling was good for most of the first 3 quarters.

Team played hard for the most part.

Things that are troubling:

Offensive line still has too many false starts.

Strange use of time outs.

Punter uses a slow 3 step kick that will keep getting blocked this season unless something changes.

Next to last offensive series it appeared Collins decided to go conservative and just run out the clock but failure to make a first down allowed Clemson the chance to score another touchdown.

CGC got that deer in the headlights look again in the 3rd quarter.

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
Im not sure I have ever seen a game where the announcers just blatantly criticized the decisions by a coach as much as tonight. Our coaching is atrocious and at times makes no sense at all. Our DL played their hearts out for 2.5 quarters. After Clemson found a groove on offense it was blowout city. If they would have started the freshman then they may have won by 50.
Find me a coach in the history of coaching that doesn’t want the ball back with 43 seconds in the half and 3 time outs.

And his reason for giving it up… Dabo might have gone for it on 4th down. WTF?!?!?!??

Just un-frikin-believable

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I've seen those types of things end bad

What types of things? Hiring unqualified people to a (former) major college football program??

Stansbury and Collins should both have to listen to that broadcast and how they were flat out questioning our coach’s calls and non-calls and we’re baffled by them.

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
Things to like:

Defense played hard, looks much improved, and stuffed Clemson running game for much of the game. And we actually got pressure on the QB.

Punter uses a slow 3 step kick that will keep getting blocked this season unless something changes.

Next to last offensive series it appeared Collins decided to go conservative and just run out the clock but failure to make a first down allowed Clemson the chance to score another touchdown.

CGC got that deer in the headlights look again in the 3rd quarter.
41-10

There's no way to put lipstick on this latest pig. 41-10 is nothing to defend or build off of other than exposing The Current Guy for the failure he continues to be.

There is a lot of crow to be eaten tonight, but only by all those who claimed we would win tonight and ridiculed anyone who didn't buy into the baseless propaganda.

And the clock on Stansbury just ran off more time.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Things to like:

CGC got that deer in the headlights look again in the 1st quarter.

Fixed it for you….