Clemson 41 - GT 10

slugboy

Staff member
I think the game was winnable, for what it’s worth. Mistakes, like the two blocked punts, hurt and cost us points. I think offensive efficiency was the big issue—we fell behind the chains and didn’t get first downs. That snowballed.

This Clemson team looks better than last year’s Clemson, but they can still lose games like the Clemson v Pitt game last year. Your offense has to be good enough to convert. Dropped passes and losing yards burned us.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
GT showed up. Idiot clock management and in-game decisions that ultimately didn’t matter but might have in a close game. D kept us in the game until 3rd. ST failures. An actual running game aside from QB options could have made a difference.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Disappointing but pretty much expected. I saw something tonight I had not seen since Auburn- Alabama circa 1970 the infamous "Punt Bama Punt" game. Two blocked punts that eventually resulted in TDs. Offensive line continues to be bad in year four. Defense played hard but if Dabo had any sense he would bench the five star that is starting at quarterback for the five star (I think) that came in during the fourth quarter. If that guy plays the whole game, Clemson rings up 50 on us. We should beat Western Carolina and probably Duke. That's about it.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Not as bad as the final score indicated. We shot ourselved in the foot and Clemson capitalized. Our o-line got absolutely dominated but I will hold off judging them too harshly because Clemson will do that to just about every o-line. Liked Long's playcalling overall. Hate CGC's management. Guy uses timeouts worse than CPJ which is saying something. This game is not an indicator of our season..

Our D played with fire and only folded after being on the field a ton. Corners were great and Keion White had tbe best game by a tech pass rusher in a while

Oh, and i predicted a 42-10 final score so I think I am a little psychic

King2b

Jolly Good Fellow
Encouraged by defense early. Even o play calling seemed improved. Clemson seemed okay as a team, feel like the fr will be starting mid season. Hate to think what dwags will do to us. At least we've scored and not been shutout