CFP Discussion

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Once again, put your money where your mouth is or i'm done with this convo. I'll put $500 on BAMA, match me or you're just another keyboard warrior with no backing to what you type or say. I'll call my bookie once you confirm we got a deal.

Personally attack? Brother I'm calling you to the carpet based on your words, what we're they (Alabama is going to get boat raced by Mich?), don't weaponize the word, this isn't HR, this is a public forum. You claimed Alabama is the inferior team yet you're not even confident to bet your hard earned money? Maybe next time maybe just show some restraint in your posts if you don't like the energy coming back at you.
Big man on a message board. Great, just what we need for rational discussions. Oh wait it’s a message board so anyone can show their stuff and impress no one. LOL

Could Alabama win the CFP, sure. Could FSU win the CFP, yup. So could about 4-5 other teams.

What matters is how the teams played. Losses matter. Well not for Alabama or Texas.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Personally, I don't wager because I work too hard for the money I bring home to risk it on something I have no control over. But you continue to personally attack anyone who has a differing opinion. Your response sounds like my 15-year-old son when he's arguing with his friends.
I believe the way the previous and subsequent messages were written strongly supports this. Someone's definitely overcompensating for something to get that personally worked up over another person saying "Meh, doesn't matter to me."

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Once again, put your money where your mouth is or i'm done with this convo. I'll put $500 on BAMA, match me or you're just another keyboard warrior with no backing to what you type or say. I'll call my bookie once you confirm we got a deal.

Personally attack? Brother I'm calling you to the carpet based on your words, what we're they (Alabama is going to get boat raced by Mich?), don't weaponize the word, this isn't HR, this is a public forum. You claimed Alabama is the inferior team yet you're not even confident to bet your hard earned money? Maybe next time maybe just show some restraint in your posts if you don't like the energy coming back at you.
troll?

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Post history says nah. Perhaps just a Bama fan in addition to GT? But this post is interesting, in retrospect. From it:

It's clear to me that no matter what position posters present to you, you just want to push your narrative and trying to poke holes in everyones view. How does this help having a constructive conversation about posters support of Brent vs who you would have hired.

News flash buddy, no one knows how anyone would have turned out, and I haven't seen a single post from you on a list of coaches that would have been better than BK and why. For me, this is the only post i will reply to directly to you because you dont hold conversations, just constant attacks. Its a bare to listen to, and why there is an "ignore" feature.

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
Big man on a message board. Great, just what we need for rational discussions. Oh wait it’s a message board so anyone can show their stuff and impress no one. LOL

Could Alabama win the CFP, sure. Could FSU win the CFP, yup. So could about 4-5 other teams.

What matters is how the teams played. Losses matter. Well not for Alabama or Texas.
Huh? Sorry not tracking any of what you just said. FSU had a chance to win? Pshhhh not even you believe it. By that logic every team as a chance, now lets talk contenders (FSU exits the chat....). You FSU defenders will just get over it eventually.

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
Post history says nah. Perhaps just a Bama fan in addition to GT? But this post is interesting, in retrospect. From it:
I'm not a troll, GT is my #1 team and Bama is my #2. I just don't understand why people are so triggered by FSU being left out, it was clear they were NOT the better team in the last two games. Proof is in the pudding.

Here's a question for Coach Norvell - why is your superstar QB playing against Middle Tennesse State, why is he running instead of playing the game conservatively to avoid hits such as the one that broke his leg? Could have played the backup and just ran it down their throats like they did in the last two games of the yr.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
While true that the SEC may be somewhat down this season, Alabama is currently on a roll, they have been getting better all season as their young QB improves and grows up. We all laugh about “sec speed“ but I think it will be a full on display of Southern Speed vs. Michigan. Hate him if you like but Saban is one of the best all-time and this season may be one of his very best coaching jobs. This will be a very interesting must-see type of cfb game to watch imo. Harbaugh better have Bama’s signals down pat if he wants to win this one

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'm not a troll, GT is my #1 team and Bama is my #2. I just don't understand why people are so triggered by FSU being left out, it was clear they were NOT the better team in the last two games. Proof is in the pudding.

Here's a question for Coach Norvell - why is your superstar QB playing against Middle Tennesse State, why is he running instead of playing the game conservatively to avoid hits such as the one that broke his leg? Could have played the backup and just ran it down their throats like they did in the last two games of the yr.
Let me be clear about this. I don't like FSU. Actually, I really really dislike FSU (goes back to cheapshots on Joe Hamilton trying to knock him out of the game). I happy when they lose any game. I don't dislike Alabama; my mom is from Alabama and my grandfather was a big Alabama fan. I respect what Saban has been able to accomplish. I hate uga, but that's a different story.

All this being said, I despise hypocrisy and disingenuousness. Regardless of strength of schedule, a undefeated power conference champion being left out over two 1-loss teams is unforgivable. My "trigger" has nothing to do with FSU. I would react the same way if Washington or Michigan had been pushed out for a 1-loss team. Winning on the field matters more than ANYTHING else.

You taking what I said and twisting it into something I didn't say is...well, forgivable.

you said:
ok, good for you. I'm sure when Alabama beats the brakes off Michigan they wont care about you either. You guys acting like your boycotting the game, grow up!

My exact comment was:

I'm not interested in watching either, but Alabama's not that good this year. I expect Michigan to boat race them.

My response was Alabama is not good enough this year to beat the brakes off anyone at the level they're going to be playing. Can they beat Michigan? Sure, but that wasn't the comment. They're both going to have a lot of prep time, so maybe they both up their games. Still, all things being equal, I expect Michigan to handle Alabama.

"I expect Michigan to boat race them" is a whole lot different than "Brother I'm calling you to the carpet based on your words, what we're they (Alabama is going to get boat raced by Mich?)'" different intent, different tone.

Then put your $$ where your mouth is if you're that confident. Bet you won't, just another BAMA troll and hater. Michigan never plays the SEC well, I wonder why? These BAMA kids eat different and are coached different which they're about to find out. This BAMA team also just bounced the undisputed #1, yet here you are. Can spot a hater a mile away. You reeeeeek of it.
This is childish. As was the follow-on comment.

I once had a judge I was working with tell me an old trial attorney adage: "When the Law and the Facts are against you, discredit the Witness."

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Let me be clear about this. I don't like FSU. Actually, I really really dislike FSU (goes back to cheapshots on Joe Hamilton trying to knock him out of the game). I happy when they lose any game. I don't dislike Alabama; my mom is from Alabama and my grandfather was a big Alabama fan. I respect what Saban has been able to accomplish. I hate uga, but that's a different story.

All this being said, I despise hypocrisy and disingenuousness. Regardless of strength of schedule, a undefeated power conference champion being left out over two 1-loss teams is unforgivable. My "trigger" has nothing to do with FSU. I would react the same way if Washington or Michigan had been pushed out for a 1-loss team. Winning on the field matters more than ANYTHING else.

You taking what I said and twisting it into something I didn't say is...well, forgivable.

you said:

My exact comment was:

My response was Alabama is not good enough this year to beat the brakes off anyone at the level they're going to be playing. Can they beat Michigan? Sure, but that wasn't the comment. They're both going to have a lot of prep time, so maybe they both up their games. Still, all things being equal, I expect Michigan to handle Alabama.

"I expect Michigan to boat race them" is a whole lot different than "Brother I'm calling you to the carpet based on your words, what we're they (Alabama is going to get boat raced by Mich?)'" different intent, different tone.

This is childish. As was the follow-on comment.

I once had a judge I was working with tell me an old trial attorney adage: "When the Law and the Facts are against you, discredit the Witness."
I wish I could hit the like button multiple times for this post. You & I have had some not always constructive back & forth over our years on the Swarm, so neither of us can be called best buds. But this takedown is one of my favorites. Thank you.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
While true that the SEC may be somewhat down this season, Alabama is currently on a roll, they have been getting better all season as their young QB improves and grows up. We all laugh about “sec speed“ but I think it will be a full on display of Southern Speed vs. Michigan. Hate him if you like but Saban is one of the best all-time and this season may be one of his very best coaching jobs. This will be a very interesting must-see type of cfb game to watch imo. Harbaugh better have Bama’s signals down pat if he wants to win this one
All depends on how Milroe plays.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Still can't get over Herbstreit's hypocrisy. It may be in this thread, but the year Cincy made it to the playoff, he stated that you cannot leave out an undefeated Cincinnati. But, this year, it makes sense to leave out an undefeated P5 school. Just beyond corrupt. All about big daddy warbucks eSECpn
While I am not excusing them leaving out FSU this year, the Cincy year was pretty cut and dried. As I recall, there wasn’t another major conf champ with a legit claim to top 4 and the #5 team that year was a 1-loss ND.
ND’s only loss? Cincinatti.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
no disrespect, but what does your stance prove or change? What value does it create? Your own ignorance is going to keep you from watching an enjoyable event.
People refused to watch the Bama LSU rematch leading to the lowest ever watched BCS championship: https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2012/01/bcs-alabamalsu-title-game-earns-lowest-overnight-ever . This was one of the main reasons they changed behavior and added a playoff.

There have already been multiple reddit threads of people claiming they will not watch the playoffs over what transpired. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. It's certainly possible this will not move the needle at all. To think it cannot have an impact, though, is blatantly wrong and ignores what has happened in the past.

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
I wish I could hit the like button multiple times for this post. You & I have had some not always constructive back & forth over our years on the Swarm, so neither of us can be called best buds. But this takedown is one of my favorites. Thank you.
Cute...lol

Watch becuz this guy is a mod and has a little power, i'll get a PM and a warning and this post will magically disappear or will my account. Just watch

Last edited:

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
Post getting deleted, this board isn't what it used to be. There used to be a thing called "freedom of speech" yet people are too soft to even engage in a little fun. It's all good, I've seen it being done to others, but man it really is true. They out here deleting posts yall.

Bleedwhiteandgold

Georgia Tech Fan
People refused to watch the Bama LSU rematch leading to the lowest ever watched BCS championship: https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2012/01/bcs-alabamalsu-title-game-earns-lowest-overnight-ever . This was one of the main reasons they changed behavior and added a playoff.

There have already been multiple reddit threads of people claiming they will not watch the playoffs over what transpired. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. It's certainly possible this will not move the needle at all. To think it cannot have an impact, though, is blatantly wrong and ignores what has happened in the past.
Lets be real, zero impact. Going to 12 team playoff next year and people will get over themselves with due time. I myself will enjoy every bowl game and playoff game.