CDS staff speculation.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Respectfully, recognizing that's a playful jab, I've been to a basketball game at The RAC and it's a really great environment under Pikiell. Certainly better than what we see most games the past decade at the Thrillerdome.

There football game environment is pretty fun also, albeit needs some better performances.
We’ve destroyed the atmosphere at most of our sporting events. It’s a real shame. One of the things I miss the most is going to GT games and meeting old friends. I get up when I can but now I see maybe 2-3 guys at a time as opposed to 15-20. STH’s around me have vanished, whole rows of previously loyal supporters disappeared post-pandemic.

Batt has his hands full trying to reinvigorate our programs and GT fans that believe winning solves everything need to look at 1991. I hope he’s the man for the job.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
No Way Reaction GIF
If you are secretly trying to tell us that you are a precociously assertive, yet emotionally fragile little girl, you needn’t bother.

We already knew that, and cherish you for who you are.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I believe he has you mixed up with the Root guy
I like the CDS hire. We were a terrible team under CJP for the past 2 years. Our record showed that as fact.

Our roster has many holes. The two commits so far under CDS help, however, we badly lack a guard who can penetrate, score at the rim, pass to open shooters and shoot well from the outside himself.

Kelly is a very good 3 point shooter. Terry became a good shooter as the season progressed. More can’t shoot. He is athletic. Coleman regressed last year. It will be interesting how they all thrive in CDS’ system. Can’t be worse than in CJP’s system.

There is hope for GT BB now. It was very clear that hope for GT BB left with Jose and Moses.

Without a coaching change GTBB was going to be a conference bottom feeder for a long time.

Too soon to tell how good or bad GTBB will be next year

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Vereen is currently an asst coach for the Maine Celtics (Boston's G League affiliate), so I expect Stoudamire would know him through that.
Before playing at Pacific he spent 3 years at VMI and is from the DC area.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Vereen is currently an asst coach for the Maine Celtics (Boston's G League affiliate), so I expect Stoudamire would know him through that.
Before playing at Pacific he spent 3 years at VMI and is from the DC area.
The DC area is one of the better basketball areas for AAU and HS kids in the Country.