CDS staff speculation.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I dont even know what the argument(s) is/are anymore.
One of em will get the other one eventually

Fail Run Over GIF

daddee724

Georgia Tech Fan
What? Here are some of my posts from earlier in the season.

In response to this post

I said

After a couple of games I posted this.

I was negative about some of the stuff the coaching staff was doing largely because I felt they were not utilizing what we had well.

But please, link where I said anyone couldn't play for another ACC team.
I believe he has you mixed up with the Root guy

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
What? Here are some of my posts from earlier in the season.

In response to this post

I said

After a couple of games I posted this.

I was negative about some of the stuff the coaching staff was doing largely because I felt they were not utilizing what we had well.

But please, link where I said anyone couldn't play for another ACC team.
Please, please forgive me. As I said you are never wrong. How long did it take you to find those few examples? LOL

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Please, please forgive me. As I said you are never wrong. How long did it take you to find those few examples? LOL

Well there was 15 minutes between when you posted the bs that you did and I posted my response so no more than that. How's your search for posts of mine saying what you claimed I said going?

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
The bold is just a laughable argument. Even if it were true that they didn't come here nobody contacted them or because we didn't have assistants in place they wouldn't say it. How many players ever comment about why they didn't go to certain schools?
You are making my point. Of course no one would say the bolded. But that is point. Unless they did say why they did not come here, you are just speculating that we could be doing better on the portal. The question I have is since it is all speculative why do you insist on taking the most negative perspective possible with respect to the staff and roster?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I've confirmed with someone that is Pershin Williams in the pic, next to CDS, wearing GT gear. Looks like him from his Twitter profile pic. I guess there's already an assistant on staff and he's gonna have local recruiting connections.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I've confirmed with someone that is Pershin Williams in the pic, next to CDS, wearing GT gear. Looks like him from his Twitter profile pic. I guess there's already an assistant on staff and he's gonna have local recruiting connections.

Looks like his beard for sure. 👀👀

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You are making my point. Of course no one would say the bolded. But that is point. Unless they did say why they did not come here, you are just speculating that we could be doing better on the portal. The question I have is since it is all speculative why do you insist on taking the most negative perspective possible with respect to the staff and roster?
I've got dude on ignore at this point, but your post shows who you're responding to and he's pwalker-esque.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
"Williams started his coaching career as a graduate assistant at Georgia Tech for two seasons before spending one season at the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (2007-08) and Lafayette (2008-09)."

Hmm, didn't know this. Guess this was with Hewitt.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

Of course it's speculation that we could be doing better in the portal if we had a full staff in place two weeks ago. It should be obvious what is speculation. I don't know why you find that to be a controversial point.

And no, it's not the most negative perspective with respect to the staff. I've said the rumored hire would be a solid one. The Williams hire would make a lot of sense also. Hell, I was talking about how one of the positives of the hire was that it was done quick but pointed out that advantage was mitigated some by not having a staff in place sooner. It's not the most negative perspective. It's just you have something against anything negative when it comes to CDS for some reason. No matter how minor it may be.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Of course it's speculation that we could be doing better in the portal if we had a full staff in place two weeks ago. It should be obvious what is speculation. I don't know why you find that to be a controversial point.

And no, it's not the most negative perspective with respect to the staff. I've said the rumored hire would be a solid one. The Williams hire would make a lot of sense also. Hell, I was talking about how one of the positives of the hire was that it was done quick but pointed out that advantage was mitigated some by not having a staff in place sooner. It's not the most negative perspective. It's just you have something against anything negative when it comes to CDS for some reason. No matter how minor it may be.
Whatever! All you have done is complain that he has not hired anyone yet, complained that our roster is horrible the day after four players went in the portal across three days, and, then, pooped on the incoming portal transfers. Now, you are saying that any benefit to our hiring him early was wasted because we did not have a staff in place to recruit the portal.

I bow to your superior negativity. I am audi...

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Whatever! All you have done is complain that he has not hired anyone yet and complained that our roster is horrible the day after four players went in the portal across three days. Then, you pooped on the incoming portal transfers. Now, you are saying that any benefit to our hiring him early was wasted because we did not have a staff in place to recruit the portal.

I never complained that he hadn't hired anyone yet. This was the part of the post that I talked about assistants.

Now he was hired quick, and started quick, which was a big deal for a lot of people because it meant we'd have the best opportunity to take advantage of the portal to try and build on the success we had in the last third of the season or so. But that was a temporary advantage that hasn't really manifested itself. We are 4 weeks in with no staff in place, and the portal hasn't given us really anything that we needed.

Nothing about that is overly critical of not having made hiring assistants. It was analysis of one aspect of the coaching hire, namely that it was done quick.

Yes, I didn't think much of the big man we got from NCSU and said he wasn't what we needed from the portal. It's no different than the numerous posts about how Howard wasn't going to cut it either. The Reeves commentary was literally that he shouldn't be compared to Okogie (along with the notion that Okogie didn't have a three point shot). And no, I didn't say any benefit of a quick hire was wasted. I said that particular benefit didn't play out to be an advantage that it was thought to be at the time.