CDS staff speculation.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Too old. Not enough SE connections. Just giving a head start. :cool:
Please consider a temporary membership in the " before he was hired i hated the new football coach club".
If u come aboard and we both send out snarks like that , we could dramaticslly increase CHARTER membership.

After Toe meets leather its too late to be a CHARTER HATER.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Just waiting for our guy to chime in and blast all the hires. :D

Come on, lv. We're waiting....

I've already given my thoughts on both I believe.

Hobbs is a very solid hire and I like the experience he brings which can hopefully help with CDS getting used to being a head coach at tye P5 level. Similar role that it felt like rev served. Also like the potential recruiting connections to the NE.

Williams seems like a good local connections type of guy with a pretty good amount of experience. Not a himerun hire in that regard but I would expect anyone that would be a homerun would need to get the AHC title. Maybe once Hobbs retires or moves on. So a good hire for the spot.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I've already given my thoughts on both I believe.

Hobbs is a very solid hire and I like the experience he brings which can hopefully help with CDS getting used to being a head coach at tye P5 level. Similar role that it felt like rev served. Also like the potential recruiting connections to the NE.

Williams seems like a good local connections type of guy with a pretty good amount of experience. Not a himerun hire in that regard but I would expect anyone that would be a homerun would need to get the AHC title. Maybe once Hobbs retires or moves on. So a good hire for the spot.
Whew! We are so glad you approve.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Please consider a temporary membership in the " before he was hired i hated the new football coach club".
If u come aboard and we both send out snarks like that , we could dramaticslly increase CHARTER membership.

After Toe meets leather its too late to be a CHARTER HATER.
The first ten callers get special game used curlers from the coaches with hair :ROFLMAO:

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Batt wasn't going to fire Pastner without some major $$$ commitments for the ENTIRE bball program, not just HC salary. This is a sign that money was indeed "pledged" towards that end.

I said in the football thread during the HFB search that Batt and Cabrera were serious about the business of football. Looks like they're serious about the business of basketball as well.

Change takes time, but better days are ahead under the new AD and GT President.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm not going to spend any time searching through your worthless posts.

Then don't make BS comments about things I didn't say.

Break it up, you two! Or, so help me, I'll skeet you both in the face with this water bottle like Ms. McGill does with her 45 cats.

Children Peoples GIF

Who's Ms. McGill? Well that's the lady that ... Git eaten by her 45 cats, but stop tryna change the subject. I'm the one asking questions here.

slugboy

Staff member
As I understand it, we both have a remaining spot for an assistant and also a senior advisor position.

=========

Hey, a lot of Tech basketball fans have had a rough 10 to 15 years or more of fandom. 2003 was awesome, but that’s a long time ago, and the latter Hewitt years were no picnic. They were better than the Gregory years though.

That’ll beat the optimism out of most people. Hopefully the bad days are going away—maybe not immediately, but we’re starting in the right direction. Some fans will be more skeptical 🤨

We can give them time to catch up

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I said in the football thread during the HFB search that Batt and Cabrera were serious about the business of football. Looks like they're serious about the business of basketball as well.

Change takes time, but better days are ahead under the new AD and GT President.
Good changes everywhere and I’m not sure how you don’t like what’s brewing in basketball.

Other great news is they seem like they’re interested in all GT sports! Here comes Beesball! Danny Hall has had a HOF run and deserves all the accolades that comes with it, but Batt needs to go 3 for 3 this year and get all our programs back competitively with the other top teams nationally.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Break it up, you two! Or, so help me, I'll skeet you both in the face with this water bottle like Ms. McGill does with her 45 cats.

Children Peoples GIF

Who's Ms. McGill? Well that's the lady that ... Git eaten by her 45 cats, but stop tryna change the subject. I'm the one asking questions here.
I'm done kg.. Pointless arguing logic with an unarmed man. LOL Took me a little time, but no more responses from me.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
The @lv20gt hate is getting a little ridiculous to be honest. I personally don’t agree with a lot of what he says. But at least his thoughts are explained in detail and consistent. And when posters like @leatherneckjacket actually do engage in debate rather than name calling, it’s much easier to understand where the difference in opinions lie. And how neither are “wrong.”

Yall are crazy if you think he’s doing anything more than playing devil’s advocate. And if he wasn’t, who would be? If you want an echo chamber, then go to your text message group chat. Blocking a poster who rarely, if ever, makes irrational or emotional posts is ironically an emotional decision. Like where the hell has the debate gone? Since when are we blocking other Tech posters who don’t agree with us? What the hell happened to yall?

If you really wanna do this, check the first time the word “Pastner” was mentioned on this board. You’ll see @Peacone36 said he was the best recruiter in the country as the head coach at Memphis. Yall gonna say @Peacone36 is misinformed or his posts are worthless?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

Children Peoples GIF

0FD00917-276C-4342-AAB5-3F6A955BC839.jpeg

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
The @lv20gt hate is getting a little ridiculous to be honest. I personally don’t agree with a lot of what he says. But at least his thoughts are explained in detail and consistent. And when posters like @leatherneckjacket actually do engage in debate rather than name calling, it’s much easier to understand where the difference in opinions lie. And how neither are “wrong.”

Yall are crazy if you think he’s doing anything more than playing devil’s advocate. And if he wasn’t, who would be? If you want an echo chamber, then go to your text message group chat. Blocking a poster who rarely, if ever, makes irrational or emotional posts is ironically an emotional decision. Like where the hell has the debate gone? Since when are we blocking other Tech posters who don’t agree with us? What the hell happened to yall?

You used a funny choice for beacon of “debate not name calling”. 😂