CDS staff speculation.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I see we're back to tearing down our teams accomplishments to try and salvage a point. How about this, the first back to back winning conference seasons in a quarter of a century?

Also, the irony is that those comments could have been 100% accurate and it wouldn't change the actual point.
Is pointing out facts somehow wrong?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Is pointing out facts somehow wrong?

Apparently only when I point out things like CDS never leading a team to the NCAAT, having just one winning record as head coach, having just 5 years college assistant coaching experience spread across three stops, that our roster, currently, only has one big and no fr/sos.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
After the #1 seed in the conference tournament forfeited of course.
Bro - You’ve got to stop that ****! You’re a lot cooler when you’re not pissing on our championship. GD - Give us our parade!

I seriously have never understood why you bang that drum so hard. You imply that team wasn’t worthy when they were clearly one of the best teams in tbr conference all season.

Oh well, do your thang, but we will never agree about that one.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Correct, at Pacific, not Memphis/Tech. I'd love to see Pastner's record in a 5-6 year span there. Yikes!

But by all means do your "apples to apples" comparison there. :ROFLMAO:

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Correct, at Pacific, not Memphis/Tech. I'd love to see Pastner's record in a 5-6 year span there. Yikes!

Funny you mention Memphis/Tech when you only posted his GT record. FWIW Pastner won 70% of his games at memphis both overall and in conference.

Also, people really need to stop pretending Pacific is some historically awful school with absolutely no success. It was in a bad spot when CDS took over due to Verlin and the conference switch. So was GT when Pastner took over (predicted to win 0 games in conference to start) due to the roster situation. But prior to Verlin and his issues they had a decade of 8 winning seasons and 4 NCAAT appearances.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Holy Crap, can you guys piss somewhere else, some of us really want to follow the Basketball team, support our coaches and cheer on the young men wearing white and gold. This thread isn't about some vendetta you have against the Coach or how he won't be successful because of his previous experience. Take that crap to another thread. This one is about his staff...period.

Will a moderator please clean this shizz up.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Bro - You’ve got to stop that ****! You’re a lot cooler when you’re not pissing on our championship. GD - Give us our parade!

I seriously have never understood why you bang that drum so hard. You imply that team wasn’t worthy when they were clearly one of the best teams in tbr conference all season.

Oh well, do your thang, but we will never agree about that one.
How would this board respond to a UGA SEC conference tourney title if Kentucky forfeited a game on the Dwags path?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Not really, he got lucky and failed to capitalize on the success he had that one year.
I mean.. he DID win the ACCT.

Then he DID have a crucial player (Moses) out for maybe the WORST matchup we could have had in the NCAAT without a 5; based off some questionable contact tracing garbage.

If he got lucky, he also got unlucky. It also is confusing how this line of logic advances anyone’s ball?

How would this board respond to a UGA SEC conference tourney title if Kentucky forfeited a game on the Dwags path?
I would mock them unrelentingly for whatever perceived weakness I could conjure up; same as I expect every sports fan to do to their rival - but you won’t catch me doing the same dirty deeds to my own team.

—quote&response portion of my post over—

At the end of the day there are reasons to be optimistic and reasons for concern on the new direction of the program.

Let’s hope the optimists win the day because of an unmitigated success rolling in Midtown and a return of the #VenueFormerlyKnownAsTheThrillerdome™

Michael Jackson Halloween GIF by Vevo

Last edited:

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know as if I act like that. Both statements regarding the ACCT win can be true. The double standard is also true.
It is a hypothetical and meaningless.

I understand you don't like Pastner. I hated the hire as much as anyone. His tenure was a mixed bag, though, not as bad as the Gregorian period of dribbling in place. The first year was a pleasant surprise. The absolute worst attempt at spin to make Pastner look bad is that his first year was due to the bounty of talent Gregory bestowed upon him. Only one guy who returned played 50% of available minutes the previous year (Stephens, and just barely).

Pastner hurt himself, as did the previous football coach, by constantly complaining about the state of the program when he took over. Don't take the job if you are going to harp on it for years.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We would respond like Tech fans and belittle them, but as Tech fans we cherish our conference titles. We don’t need anyone to diminish the Institute’s accomplishments.

We are Tech fans and pull for our team. Go Jackets.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
We would respond like Tech fans and belittle them, but as Tech fans we cherish our conference titles. We don’t need anyone to diminish the Institute’s accomplishments.

Agreed, Go Jackets.

The other part is just something I have a difficult time wrapping my head around. DNA I guess.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

It is really as simple as this.....BUT, we were the fourth ranked team based on what we accomplished over the full year. I mean, we had DPOY and POY on the same squad.

It wasn't as if we caught lighting in a bottle over a couple of days and lucked out. Oh well, back to regularly scheduled programming.

I didn't mean to derail the thread, but that is nails on a chalkboard for me... @Peacone36 is a knowledgeable fan, and he knows that was a strong team.

He just doesn't want to give Pastner any kudos. It's okay to say that he had some highpoints now that he is gone..LOL

From someone that thought highly of Josh, Onward and Upward!!