1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

CBK press conference (synopsis)

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by buzz_wiser©, Feb 6, 2019.

1. MidtownJacket

MidtownJacket Helluva Engineer

It looks like to me that he says "it's out" when he hands the phone to Marco at the first point you mentioned.

2. laoh

laoh Helluva Engineer

Point 1 - I have no idea what this is about.
    Point 2 - To alums who's been put through the shaft, this is actually a good comment and comes off as a positive thing. I can see how this would be a no-no from the brand CGC is trying to build, the reason why Keys removed the "I got out in 2001" note from his Twitter page.
    Point 3 - ?? Something's wrong with the George O'Leary drill?

Are we trying to paint a picture to all the high school kids that coming to Tech is going to be nothing but rosey?

3. crut

crut Helluva Engineer

My argument to that would be no, but there's a big difference between presenting the academics as "struggling to survive" and "be challenged and become elite in all aspects of life." One is much more enticing.

LargeFO, jojatk, GT14 and 1 other person like this.
  4. gtwcf

gtwcf Helluva Engineer

With all the incidents that happened with O'Leary in practices, I'd be rather hesitant to name anything after him.

I'm wondering whether the first text was about Lockhart?

5. AlabamaBuzz

AlabamaBuzz Helluva Engineer

Even Key did not know at the beginning about this "change of message". The first day on his twitter, after he changed his page to him as a GT coach, it said "got out in" whatever year he graduated. That was changed less than 24 hours later. When you go through the shaft that is GT (or at least was GT), it is hard to stop talking like that. I am going to try my best.

6. Northeast Stinger

Northeast Stinger Helluva Engineer

7. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

I think there has been a culture change at GT generally. It used to be easier to Get In, that's one reason why we took pride in Getting Out. Retention seems to be a higher priority now and getting in is harder.

GRGT96 likes this.
  8. GRGT96

GRGT96 Jolly Good Fellow

From CollegeFactual.com: Georgia Tech Has One of the Best Freshman Retention Rates in the Country. With 97.0% of students staying on for a second year, Georgia Institute of Technology - Main Campus is one of the best in the country when it comes to freshman retention. Nationwide, the average first year to second year retention rate is 72.0%.

Long gone is the "look to your right, look to your left" speech.

9. Northeast Stinger

Northeast Stinger Helluva Engineer

Some of the most convivial skewering of people's gizzards I have ever seen.

10. ElCidBUZZingFAN

ElCidBUZZingFAN Jolly Good Fellow

So predictable.

11. tmhunter52

tmhunter52 Helluva Engineer

We used to take the SAT on Saturday mornings, without prep courses, after Friday night away games and getting back late and after the post-game parties... Now I know why my scores were so bad...

12. laoh

laoh Helluva Engineer

13. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

14. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

15. first&ten

first&ten Helluva Engineer

H-Wade, pls don't get pissed, but that avatar gives me the creeps, and brings up bad memories.

H-Wade and Jacket05 like this.
  16. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

Lol. Yup...it gets me juiced.

Jacket05 likes this.
  17. Heisman's Ghost

Heisman's Ghost Helluva Engineer

I forgot about the pecking order. Then...after about three games will come the demands and arguments over which of the backups should be playing...then it will be time for a uniform thread right before the recruiting madness starts.

18. g0lftime

g0lftime Helluva Engineer

I just watched the Key and Coleman presser on YouTube. That actually got me excited about this staff. These guys are passionate about GT. Marco was one of my favorite players. I liked the way our former players are being asked to come back into the fold. I never understood how former letterman were not more involved. I am very excited to see that happen.

19. Jacket05

Jacket05 Ramblin' Wreck

I found it interesting how CBK worded everything when he was talking about it. There seemed to be some major issue(s) at Tech that was deterring former players from coming back. Don't know if it was at the coaching level or administrative level. IIRC Pastner (or maybe it was Gregory) made a big deal of trying to bring former players back as well. This leads me to believe it was more an administrative issue which I am sure ADTS will work to change the barriers. It is still up to the programs to get the word out that the "culture" has changed like CGC and staff are trying to do.

20. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

There were a good many former football lettermen who came back while Johnson was coach. Hopefully those same ones will keep coming back and be joined by others.