CBK press conference (synopsis)

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
The difference is CPJ references all of the 6 win seasons. CGC references the 10 win, top 25 seasons. That's the only point I was trying to make, they have different ways of viewing things.

Ironically, half the 10 seasons since Dodd that CGC references were under the coach who brought up 6 win seasons....

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Apologies if this was already posted. Good zach Barnett article.

http://footballscoop.com/news/brent-key-fired-recruit-georgia-tech/amp/

Btw, the article says he is fired UP, not fired. Lol, dont freak out.

I was opposed to CBK being considered for the HC position, but I am pretty excited about having him here as OL coach and as a recruiter. Hopefully he can work the hometown magic and help bring in the recruits we need to run CGCs system and win championships. I love his enthusiasm.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I was opposed to CBK being considered for the HC position, but I am pretty excited about having him here as OL coach and as a recruiter. Hopefully he can work the hometown magic and help bring in the recruits we need to run CGCs system and win championships. I love his enthusiasm.

I didn't feel he was ready to be a HC at this level, either. But was very much in favor of bringing him in as an assistant. Huge coup for us, IMO.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Apologies if this was already posted. Good zach Barnett article.

http://footballscoop.com/news/brent-key-fired-recruit-georgia-tech/amp/

Btw, the article says he is fired UP, not fired. Lol, dont freak out.

I know this will rub folks wrong but there was really nothing of substance in that article. It was quite simply very similar to many posts here in the forum from people who favor Key.

Is this guy a real journalist or just a random blogger? If a journalist it’s just more proof journalism is dead today.

I really miss Furman Bisher.

I know this will rub folks wrong but there was really nothing of substance in that article. It was quite simply very similar to many posts here in the forum from people who favor Key.

Is this guy a real journalist or just a random blogger? If a journalist it’s just more proof journalism is dead today.

The difference is that people who don't post on this site will be reading it. So it may indeed be of substance to them

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Check out @Cody_Fox5’s Tweet:

I think he was asked "the recruiting" question lol

If this doesn't get you excited about what's brewing down on The Flats then you may want to go visit the doctor because you might be dead. I LOVE that this staff is a mixture of guys who have fought the battles on OUR field and guys who have coached with Geoff elsewhere and bring some tremendous energy with them.

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
If this doesn't get you excited about what's brewing down on The Flats then you may want to go visit the doctor because you might be dead. I LOVE that this staff is a mixture of guys who have fought the battles on OUR field and guys who have coached with Geoff elsewhere and bring some tremendous energy with them.

I love how he picks up the microphone as an example of technology. He maybe spent too much time in Tuscaloosa!

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

Do you miss Jesse Outlar as well?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Do you miss Jesse Outlar as well?

I probably read plenty of his stuff but I honestly didn’t recognize his name and had to google him.

The sports page used to be great and it alone was worth buying the paper. Not much else in the ajc was worth reading, except Lewis Grizzard (great writer even if a mutt). There really is rarely anything of value in the ajc anymore.