Braves Regular Season

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, good win… on the backs of a good pitching job by Swells and nice ABs by Kelenic, Albies, and Ozuna. Nobody else had a hit. SMH. A win is a win. Phils’ lead is down to 9.
We just need to get it to 5 by the end of July. If we can do that, there is still a good chance at the division.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
TBH, I’m not confident the Braves will make it back to the top of the division this season. They have an outside shot but it’s not at all likely, IMPO. Even if the Braves played at a .700 clip from here out, the Phillies would have to play below .600 ball to lose their lead. The chance of both of those happening is very, very small.

75 games x .700 = 53 wins
73 games x .600 = 44 wins

Only a 9-win delta there. The Phillies’ lead is still 9 games and they may hold the tiebreaker by then. The series this season is 3-2 ATL so far with 4 more games in ATL and 4 more in Philly.

We’ll see.

Last edited:

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Yes, nice win! These Braves are bound and determined to prove me wrong. I’ll be happy to admit that should it happen.

Duvall, after a couple of forgettable games, rips out a 3/4 day. That’s what I’m talking about!

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes, nice win! These Braves are bound and determined to prove me wrong. I’ll be happy to admit that should it happen.

Duvall, after a couple of forgettable games, rips out a 3/4 day. That’s what I’m talking about!
As nice as it would be to win a 7th straight NL East title, I'd take postseason wins over another division title. Let the Phillies burn themselves out getting the regular season wins and allow us to catch fire for the postseason.
So, how many of you guys know the Braves signed Eddie Rosario to a minor league contract last week?
I had heard that was the rumor. Just big brain money moves by AA. Declines his $9M team option, uses the savings to go after Kelenic with more team control, then turns around after Eddie struggles with the Nats and resigns him to a minors deal paying him next to nothing. Another low risk-high upside type of move. Plus, as unlikely as it seems now, AA could put that $9M towards an extension for Fried. Highly doubtful, but could happen.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
So, how many of you guys know the Braves signed Eddie Rosario to a minor league contract last week?
I saw it and I'm planning on going to see Gwinnett this week. Hopefully he won't get called up before I can go see him, but I imagine that he'll be called up soon.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Grade 2 strains are tricky.

Although I'll never understand how MLB players have it happen so frequently with the world class training and stretching they have accessible to them.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I saw it and I'm planning on going to see Gwinnett this week. Hopefully he won't get called up before I can go see him, but I imagine that he'll be called up soon.
Now that Kelenic is solid as Acuna replacement, I suppose the idea is a platoon for Eddie and Duvall. Duvy is hitting about .250 against LHP and Rosario, while not tearing it up, is hitting 50 points higher than Duvy against RHP. That's all I got.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer

Although I'll never understand how MLB players have it happen so frequently with the world class training and stretching they have accessible to them.
I was talking with my PT today and he was saying exact same thing.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

I mean, they do a lot of max-acceleration from a stationary position. Seems a recipe for leg issues such as hammy strains, no?

And on Rosario, he's been semi-washed for 2+ seasons. They gotta do better than that.

Meanwhile, LAD/PHI gonna go out and get Bellinger or Arozarena and the like.

gtbeak

Ramblin' Wreck
I mean, they do a lot of max-acceleration from a stationary position. Seems a recipe for leg issues such as hammy strains, no?

And on Rosario, he's been semi-washed for 2+ seasons. They gotta do better than that.

I assume that Rosario is just a place holder until AA can see what he can get towards the end of the month. I certainly prefer him to Eli White and Luke Williams.

I still can't figure out why they are keeping Laureano on the active roster. Had they DL'ed him within the first 3 days of his injury they wouldn't have been down to just 11 players last week when Arcia was out, and he would already be eligible to return whenever he is ready.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Excellent finish last night. Rosario with a clutch 2-out single in the 9th to keep it alive.

Then Murphy with a game-tying, 2-out HR into the pool to send it to extra innings where the Braves pull out three W.

Iglesias pitches 2 innings to hold the tie, then Jiminez seals it.

Just a lil recap for the folks that couldn't hang late. :sneaky:

Maybe Rosario heard I was killing him. Who shld I kill next?

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Excellent finish last night. Rosario with a clutch 2-out single in the 9th to keep it alive.

Then Murphy with a game-tying, 2-out HR into the pool to send it to extra innings where the Braves pull out three W.

Iglesias pitches 2 innings to hold the tie, then Jiminez seals it.

Just a lil recap for the folks that couldn't hang late. :sneaky:

Maybe Rosario heard I was killing him. Who shld I kill next?
I just like the fight we saw last night. Fun fact, the Diamondbacks are 33-0 against the MLB minus the Braves when leading by 2+ runs entering the 9th inning this year. Against the Braves, they are 0-2. Last night also marked the first win this year that the Braves allowed the opposing team to score more than 4 runs. MLB Radio personalities were talking about last night being one of those "circle the date" kind of games the Braves can look back to in 20-30 games and point to it being the turning point of the season. That just feels weird to say when we are 11 games over .500.

I don't understand why we don't go after Arozarena. Sure, he's struggling, but he has had too many good seasons to make you think that this year is the only version of him to expect going forward. Plus, it shouldn't cost too much in terms of prospects to get him. I guess getting Kelenic squashed that idea.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I just like the fight we saw last night. Fun fact, the Diamondbacks are 33-0 against the MLB minus the Braves when leading by 2+ runs entering the 9th inning this year. Against the Braves, they are 0-2. Last night also marked the first win this year that the Braves allowed the opposing team to score more than 4 runs. MLB Radio personalities were talking about last night being one of those "circle the date" kind of games the Braves can look back to in 20-30 games and point to it being the turning point of the season. That just feels weird to say when we are 11 games over .500.

I don't understand why we don't go after Arozarena. Sure, he's struggling, but he has had too many good seasons to make you think that this year is the only version of him to expect going forward. Plus, it shouldn't cost too much in terms of prospects to get him. I guess getting Kelenic squashed that idea.

Tampa is probably trying to get a prospect windfall by pitting all the teams that need an OF against each other. Makes sense. Admittedly hes the 'name' us fans all know, but there's probably another OF target out there that's not on us fans' radar. That seems more the Braves' GM's style.