Braves Regular Season

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Time to look to next season. This version doesn’t have it. They seem to me to have gotten complacent.
I've contemplated a fantasy baseball strategy for a while that I am finally comfortable using. Just plug in every starting pitcher you can that is pitching against the Braves. Our offense is so anemic from injuries/underperformance that it actually is a pretty viable strategy. At least you'll get a big strikeout boost if you're playing rotisserie.

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
I can't wait til yall see how the Barves lost tonight.

I think the RF needs to be DFA'd.
After hearing about Arozarena being traded and the pennies that the Mariners gave up getting him, I'm extremely disappointed that AA didn't go get him.

Also, top of the 10th, runner on third with nobody out and we go for a suicide squeeze?!?! Good grief...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Bottom of the 10th. This team is snakebit.

It's not when it happened, it's how.

After hearing about Arozarena being traded and the pennies that the Mariners gave up getting him, I'm extremely disappointed that AA didn't go get him.

Also, top of the 10th, runner on third with nobody out and we go for a suicide squeeze?!?! Good grief...

And the runner with no awareness to see he could've just gone back to 3rd.

Not to be outdone, the same guy misplayed what should've been the 3rd out in the bottom of the 10th. I've never seen a major league outfielder overrun a ball that poorly in that big a situation. Never.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer

Good grief is right. This team appears very unfocused right now and time is starting to get short. Sale is sailing, Lopez is cruising, and Morton is rowing, but the rest are dog paddling.

The injuries have finally taken their toll. Acuna, Harris, Albies, Fried, Strider,,and then Murphy and Riley. That’s a lot of production right there. Hard to generate any consistency that way.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
More like Morton has been treading (water). He's been ok, at best.

To @Golden Tornadoes point, them not acquiring Arozarena is a big miss. Especially considering the paltry haul it took to get him.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer

Not to be outdone, the same guy misplayed what should've been the 3rd out in the bottom of the 10th. I've never seen a major league outfielder overrun a ball that poorly in that big a situation. Never.
I would say it’s both.

ETA: On Morton… he’s been up or down a lot this season, not real consistent. However, his season numbers are as good, or a tad better, than his typical 162-game season averages. He is what he is, just seeing more extremes these days.

Last edited:

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck

Yeah, it's really bad when Laureano's calling card has been his defense throughout his career. Even the Mets announcers were stunned he misplayed it that badly.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The Duval flop that turned into a t-ball homerun a couple of days ago; and this last night. Yikes!!
Ngl, when I saw the angle he took last night and the weird attempt at a catch, my first thought was he just threw this game.

The last OF I saw play a ball that poorly was 9 years old.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Somebody wake Snitker up. You don't need to see 6 runs come across before realizing Morton is cooked and washed.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Sorry, make it 7 runs in one inning.

Throw The Towel GIF