Bracketology - Let's Do This

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
I know it hasn't been a perfect season by any stretch of the imagination, but this is the first time in over a decade that I actually feel like we have a decent change at making the tourney. Feels Good.
I don't know about a decent chance, but this is a team that I feel could make the S16 or better. Can't remember feeling that way in a long, long, time.

Deleted member 2897

Yea, that's the premise of my point. Sorry for not making that clear. Much easier to make a run because of your path forward after the first game, and the first game has no real advantages of being a 8 or 9 seed anyway.

As a 10 or 11 seed, by the time you'd face a 1, it's the Elite 8. That's a good tourney run as it is. And better yet, at least two other capable teams have taken their own shot at the 1 seed (round of 32, sweet 16) and have potentially done the dirty work of knocking the 1 out of your way.

Being a 7 or a 10 is indeed a good opportunity to make a run, cuz knocking out a 2 is generally a lot easier. Said James F.ing Forrest.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I'd much rather be a 10 or 11 seed, rather than 8 or 9, every single year. There is hardly a difference in facing a 6 or 7 seed (i.e., ranked 21-28 in the country) vs. an 8 or 9 seed (29-36 in the country). And every year there are 10 or 11 seeds favored over their round 1 opponent because of 1) there not being a real difference, and 2) the NCAAT doesn't exactly select and seed by who is better, rather it's based on a sheet of paper.

It is quite honestly one of the most important variables to making a "Cinderella" run, if there are still believers in the concept despite there not actually being much of a difference between 5-12 seeds anymore in the first place.
I’ve always been in the camp if you’re a team like we are this year a 6 or 11 seed is the best case for a sweet 16 run. I don’t think there’s much difference between 6-11 seeds anymore. They’re pretty much the same team. One is hot at the right time and the other isn’t. 3 seeds don’t scare me that much this season either. There’s a significant drop between 1 and 2’s to the potential 3 seeds.
I honestly hope we get the 11 seed while missing the play in game.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about a decent chance, but this is a team that I feel could make the S16 or better. Can't remember feeling that way in a long, long, time.
I feel the same. We are a senior laden team and guys like Devoe and Khalid who are juniors have played a ton of basketball. When it comes to March, a veteran team with a good backcourt usually makes a run into the second weekend. We absolutely have that potential. I’d take our guards against any in the county and feel confident we’d win that matchup. The other thing is the way we play defense. Not many teams have seen a team play the way we do on the defensive end of the floor.
If we get in, we’re winning 2 games. Calling it now!

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
Imagine how that place would be rocking if we beat Cuse and went into that game with some momentum and looking like we were playing for a spot the NCAAT for the first time in a decade.

I was at a GT Duke game as a teen I believe in 06-07 and the place was absolutely insane.
I was there also. My GT Alum friend and I cut a night class at Ga State. We grabbed a six pack on the way and scored some center court seats. This game was more like a football game. Bruce Dalrymple took over the game. Freshman center James Mad Dog Munlyn got into some extra curricular with a backup Duke center named Nessley. It cleared the benches. The Tech crowd was going nuts! Even Coach K looked like he wanted to get the heck out of dodge.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Yea, I don’t know what UNC is doing but it won’t be a good look for the ACC overall if one of our top 5 teams loses to a bottom half Big East team especially later in the season.

Deleted member 2897

Yea, I don’t know what UNC is doing but it won’t be a good look for the ACC overall if one of our top 5 teams loses to a bottom half Big East team especially later in the season.

Virginia is getting their *** handed to them by the #10 team.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Virginia is getting their *** handed to them by the #10 team.
That'll give 'Cuse their first quad 1 win. They beat NET top 75 NC State on the road (assuming NC State rises from their current position of #81).

And with North Carolina taking a L, Saturday is likely 'Cuse's last opportunity for a quad 1 win before the ACCT. We'll likely take their best shot.