Bold claims about our program

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Lol. Why are you so hell bent on running down our program? You can’t claim to be realistic because if you were you would consider that the last 2 classes Gailey had he had 4 star commitments at qb. Do you think Gailey was just that much better of a recruiter than Collins?

We had a couple 4 stars too under johnson. Ratfliffe was one. I think Graham was too. and obiosuly thomas was . 4 star athlete.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Lol. Why are you so hell bent on running down our program? You can’t claim to be realistic because if you were you would consider that the last 2 classes Gailey had he had 4 star commitments at qb. Do you think Gailey was just that much better of a recruiter than Collins?

It's a shame when you have to explain sarcasm ...

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Gailey had 4 star qb commits in both 07 & 08. This is more defeatist nonsense that a portion of our fan base has bought into. One of the qb’s went on to play in the pros after he decommitted when Johnson came with the option.

Where was that guy while Calvin was here.....dammit

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Gailey had 4 star qb commits in both 07 & 08. This is more defeatist nonsense that a portion of our fan base has bought into. One of the qb’s went on to play in the pros after he decommitted when Johnson came with the option.

Nesbitt was the 4* in the 2007 class. Renfree was the QB in the 2008 class. He was a 3*. Who was the 4* QB?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Where is my laughing so hard I’m crying emoji? Holy smokes. The program will take your money but we would be better off without folks like you. Nobody can utter anything remotely positive about the program with out you choking in and saying how terrible we are. My God if I was a mod I’d probably go ahead and nuke you.

Which is why you will never be a mod here. How that post triggered you I can’t understand. Most any G5 hc will jump at any P5 job.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
It was in a recent press conference IIRC. I thought I saw the video of it on this message board.
Basically what he said was (at his retirement presser) that whoever is the next head coach is inheriting a team that won 7 or 8 games so it's not devoid of talent.

That's a far cry form saying we have a 6-7 win team next year...

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
It seems odd that some of the casual football fans out there seem to have high expectations for our football program and especially the new hiring of CGC. I think some of these casual fans believe we will do a complete 180 more than our diehards.

I love the enthusiasm of this guy (the young man who created the video) Geoff Collins is going to make a difference BUT it will take at least one season, possibly two to transition from the triple option. We must have more linemen, more linebackers and difference makers at wide receiver. THEN, young fellow, we can discuss championships. Love the video and appreciate the thoughts and research you have done and presented in such a creative fashion. One thing he pointed out that is absolutely spot on is the difficulty of the schedule. As long as we face both Clemson and UGA along with Miami, Virginia Tech and a resurgent Virginia and Duke this is going to be tough neighborhood to be playing.

Personally, when I see manifold resources devoted to recruiting, improved strength and conditioning, increased support from the Hill in regards to curriculum and academic exceptions then I will gladly jump on the HYPE TRAIN. I was hearing promises and claims long before this youngster was even born and let me tell you the obstacles to having an elite football program at Tech are not insurmountable but they are significant impediments that must be addressed. IMHO

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Lol I know. It was terrible. It was not a good video. I just was trying to point out there is a lot of optimism from a lot of different people about our program now lol haven’t seen his other videos

Maybe it was terrible but I appreciate the fact that a young man is actually enthusiastic about our team and the prospects for our program. That is encouraging for an old timer like me.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
If you are thinking about how much this kid actually knows about football or GT history, you already missed the point. The video is proof that Geoff Collins is connecting with young people and understands what makes them tick.

Bingo. He is the absolute best coach for addressing and connecting with Generation Z (sorry millennials your day is already about gone).

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
This is idiotic. Not because he is predicting a natty, but because his reasons are "Collins brings in leprechauns to practice and has a DJ on scholarship." So cringy to watch. His other videos doesn't help the case.

That's true but we tried everything else maybe a leprechaun or two might help. Of course, what the youngster need to realize that what would really help is some of those road grading offensive linemen that Alabama has and maybe a few of those NFL ready defensive linemen that Clemson has stockpiled.