Bold, but reasonable predictions

Jmonty71

Banned
I really like the Gameday at Atlanta prediction!!! I have always wanted to go to one of the shows. But, preferably with GT playing and not some overrated SEC team.

If I may, I would like to predict another achievable stat. We are ranked in the top 5 in the nation in rushing yards per game.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
My bold prediction is in some kind of combination we rush for 1700 yards from the BBack position whether it’s Benson with 1100 and Howard with 600, or Benson with 800, howard with 600 and Mason with 300. I think there’s a chance this happens. Especially if we get the pitch down on the outside.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I really like the Gameday at Atlanta prediction!!! I have always wanted to go to one of the shows. But, preferably with GT playing and not some overrated SEC team.

If I may, I would like to predict another achievable stat. We are ranked in the top 5 in the nation in rushing yards per game.
GT's defense will be very aggressive and surprise people in 2018;):cool: Here's a good theme song for the 2018 GT defense

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
My bold prediction is in some kind of combination we rush for 1700 yards from the BBack position whether it’s Benson with 1100 and Howard with 600, or Benson with 800, howard with 600 and Mason with 300. I think there’s a chance this happens. Especially if we get the pitch down on the outside.
It would be awesome if GT could be all time great and have three 1000 yard rushers;):cool:

So been busy so I will now respond.
Overall there is not a single game on our schedule we can't win, even Clemson. Clemson is going to struggle on offense with their loss of personnel an sure their defense will be good. Miami, they were three plays away from being a 4 loss team last year. Georgia is going to be back to a 2014 form as they lost 40 players from their 85 and Freshmen 5 stars don't worry me. But all that said we are sure to throw a game away.
Acorn State W
USF W
Pitt W
Clemson L
BGSU W
Louisville W
Duke W CPJs revenge game
Va Tech L
UNC W
Miami W
UVA W
UGA W

We win the Coastal as Va Tech and Miami lose 3 ACC games.
Face Clemson in the ACCCG. Win, and knock the ACC out of the CFP.
Then face Auburn in the Orange Bowl.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Overall there is not a single game on our schedule we can't win, even Clemson. Clemson is going to struggle on offense with their loss of personnel an sure their defense will be good. Miami, they were three plays away from being a 4 loss team last year. Georgia is going to be back to a 2014 form as they lost 40 players from their 85 and Freshmen 5 stars don't worry me. But all that said we are sure to throw a game away.
Acorn State W
USF W
Pitt W
Clemson L
BGSU W
Louisville W
Duke W CPJs revenge game
Va Tech L
UNC W
Miami W
UVA W
UGA W

I think Va Tech is a W (even in Blacksburg) and I think Miami is a L. A close one but a L.
Pitt wasn't very good last year and there's no telling how they'll be this year. Louisville without Lamar may not be very good. UNC ... eh. UVa? at least we got em at home. Duke? We owe them. I still think Miami is going to be pretty good.

We were a lousy defensive stand (ending in a tipped pass) away from beating a supposedly good Miami team in Miami and in the rain last year. They may be better this year, but I think we will be too, especially, if only incrementally, on defense. I think that same defense will finally put Duke in their place, and with UVA in Atlanta also, I think we win both those games. I always fear going to Chapel Hill, although I think we should win that one. I think we SHOULD be able to beat VT, but 3 years in a row is tough against any team. Lots of questions about the other games, mainly because I don't know what they have, but I think the only probable loss is to Clemson. If we are 8-3 or better going into Athens, I think we will win that one too.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Acorn State W
USF W
Pitt W
Clemson L
BGSU W
Louisville W
Duke W CPJs revenge game
Va Tech L
UNC W
Miami W
UVA W
UGA W

I liked because of your optimism.
However its likely we have some more losses than u state.
Whatever happens i hope u are right about Duke cpj revenge game. A 40 point blow out here and one other place makes 7-5 a good season.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

Oh, come on. You are hunting in a baited field. Get that neck out there -- unless you have money on it -- and say it: we're number one! Nobody will remember in November anyway.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Oh, come on. You are hunting in a baited field. Get that neck out there -- unless you have money on it -- and say it: we're number one! Nobody will remember in November anyway.

In that case, I'll play along. We win the natty this year. Beat Bama in the title game when TM converts a 2nd and 26 in OT. Jerry Howard wins the Heisman, mostly on the strength of his 11 carries/300 yard performance against Clempsun on Game Day. Based on his D only giving up an average of 7.5 ppg, Nate Woody is lured away from Tech to become the head coach at LSU, replacing Ed Orgeron. 1 day after our natty, we sign 15 5 star recruits from Texas, Georgia and Florida who were waiting on the outcome of the natty to pick between us, Bama and Ohio State. 2 days after our natty, Trump quits tweeting. 6 days after our natty, the rapture occurs. 7 days after, the traffic in Atlanta is a bit lighter as there are 30 fewer cars/drivers on the interstate based on the prior day's events. I've got 5 bucks to put down on this as I will back up my bold predictions with cold, hard earned cash.

In that case, I'll play along. We win the natty this year. Beat Bama in the title game when TM converts a 2nd and 26 in OT. Jerry Howard wins the Heisman, mostly on the strength of his 11 carries/300 yard performance against Clempsun on Game Day. Based on his D only giving up an average of 7.5 ppg, Nate Woody is lured away from Tech to become the head coach at LSU, replacing Ed Orgeron. 1 day after our natty, we sign 15 5 star recruits from Texas, Georgia and Florida who were waiting on the outcome of the natty to pick between us, Bama and Ohio State. 2 days after our natty, Trump quits tweeting. 6 days after our natty, the rapture occurs. 7 days after, the traffic in Atlanta is a bit lighter as there are 30 fewer cars/drivers on the interstate based on the prior day's events. I've got 5 bucks to put down on this as I will back up my bold predictions with cold, hard earned cash.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Acorn State W
USF W
Pitt W
Clemson L
BGSU W
Louisville W
Duke W CPJs revenge game
Va Tech L
UNC W
Miami W
UVA W
UGA W

You got the BOLD part down pat I will give you that. You may have skipped over the part about "REASONABLE" but not to worry you are in good company with MikeJackets, Supersize, et al.