Bold, but reasonable predictions

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
I think we have a successful season due primarily to few injuries the most seniors we’ve had with experience playing time.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Just about GT? Because I think uga will finish the season 8-4. There's no question that they have talent. But as we learned from 2014 to 2015, you cannot lose that much experience and leadership (almost all of their defensive starters and Wynn, Chubb, Blazevich, and Michel on offense) and expect to be in the same place the next year through reloading. That and you have to consider their QB roster is two guys (Fromm and Fields). If Fields ends up a bust like a lot of folks think, then they are one injury away from plummeting to 6-6 or worse. I think Roquan Smith is an irreplaceable player like how Shaq Mason was for us, so there will be a large drop off there. A team like South Carolina has a chance to expose them early and open the door for losses to LSU, Auburn, Florida, and Georgia Tech.

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
Just about GT? Because I think uga will finish the season 8-4. There's no question that they have talent. But as we learned from 2014 to 2015, you cannot lose that much experience and leadership (almost all of their defensive starters and Wynn, Chubb, Blazevich, and Michel on offense) and expect to be in the same place the next year through reloading. That and you have to consider their QB roster is two guys (Fromm and Fields). If Fields ends up a bust like a lot of folks think, then they are one injury away from plummeting to 6-6 or worse. I think Roquan Smith is an irreplaceable player like how Shaq Mason was for us, so there will be a large drop off there. A team like South Carolina has a chance to expose them early and open the door for losses to LSU, Auburn, Florida, and Georgia Tech.
Who is the "lot of people"? Everything I've read says Fields will challenge Fromm and some think he should even start.

And 8-4 is getting a little hopeful. That's a pretty easy schedule.

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
Double digit win season (including bowl game) with a win over two wins out of Miami, Virginia Tech, and Louisville.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Let's have some fun. Let's do some bold, but reasonable predictions.

I predict that we beat either UGA or Clemson next year. Just to make another. I predict our D is in the top 30 in overall D, next year.

These, to me, are both bold and achievable.

Thoughts?

Clemson is the Whiteout game so I would bank on that. Hope it’s a close one

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Let's have some fun. Let's do some bold, but reasonable predictions.

I predict that we beat either UGA or Clemson next year. Just to make another. I predict our D is in the top 30 in overall D, next year.

These, to me, are both bold and achievable.

Thoughts?

I predict that our players will conduct themselves with class and make the Institute proud. Beyond that it is a very cloudy crystal ball. I would not be surprised by a slow start and a fast finish. It would be totally in keeping with how Tech has been under Coach Johnson to beat Georgia and Miami and lose to say Clemson and Duke and/or Virginia Tech. I further predict that we do NOT lose any games by an opponent throwing bubble screens in the fourth quarter. There is my BOLD but REASONABLE (sort of) prediction.

Last edited:

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I think GT goes 10-3 in 2018

Alcorn State W

@USF W

@Pitt W

Clemson L

BGSU W

@Louisville W

Duke W

@Virginia Tech W

@North Carolina W

Miami L

Virginia W

@Georgia L

Camping World Bowl

9-3 Georgia Tech beats 8-4 Texas

This is a bold prediction alright but one I disagree with simply because I don't think we will win 9 games even with a bowl win. I do like the idea of playing three winnable games at the outset because I am concerned about our offense clicking early and of course putting in a new defense. It should be interesting.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I think we have a better chance of beating the mutts than we do of beating Clemson. And can't you just hear the whining and excuse making if we do indeed beat them in the cesspool yet again? I would LOVE it !!!

Our third win in a row in Sanford would wipe out the pain of seeing them get to the title game last year.