Duke W

@Virginia Tech W

@North Carolina W

Miami L

Virginia W

@Georgia L

Camping World Bowl

9-3 Georgia Tech beats 8-4 Texas

Definitely bold, but I think if we go 6-2 in this fashion, there is a high probability we would be in the ACCCG. And I think we beat Miami this year. I know Richt has gone a little more RPO, but I'm thinking an aggressive defense could help against his conservative play calling.

I'll be interested to see how Louisville rebounds from losing Lamar. And I think its time for CPJ to put one on BVG...

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Definitely bold, but I think if we go 6-2 in this fashion, there is a high probability we would be in the ACCCG. And I think we beat Miami this year.

I'll be interested to see how Louisville rebounds from losing Lamar. And I think its time for CPJ to put one on BVG...
I don't think Loserville does any better than 7-5;) I think Bobby Petrino will be on the hotseat going into 2019;)

bmeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
I think GT goes 10-3 in 2018

Alcorn State W

@USF W

@Pitt W

Clemson L

BGSU W

@Louisville W

Duke W

@Virginia Tech W

@North Carolina W

Miami L

Virginia W

@Georgia L

Camping World Bowl

9-3 Georgia Tech beats 8-4 Texas

I like the final record, but I see us swapping a game or two. If we end up winning one we shouldn't, we always in turn lose one we shouldn't.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I predict we’ll beat the mutts. They lost a lot of players, and therefore a lot of experience. They won’t be as versed in defending our offense, and the closest thing to our new defense they’ve played was App State with App State players.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Gt loses
In last 15 seasons
3 l = 2
4 l =2
5l = 4
6l = 3
7 l = 2
8 l = 0
9 l = 1

Average 5.8 round up to 6 for 15 years
I refuse to accept any possibility of losing to uva or duke. We will destroy these 2 teams which will make an average year acceptable.
Average of 6 is L to Pitt, clem, louisville, vt, miami, uga.

To get a little bold 5 losses = flip to a w at pittsburg.

I say we get BOLD and only loose 4!
W overall but clem, vt, miami and UNC. We win a good bowl and end in top 20.

2018 Its BOLD time.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Who is the "lot of people"? Everything I've read says Fields will challenge Fromm and some think he should even start.

And 8-4 is getting a little hopeful. That's a pretty easy schedule.
The people saying he should start are drunk off of recruiting rankings. The guy got bumped up from a 3* to a top 10 prospect in an afternoon. Don't get me wrong, if he had chosen to go to GT he would have been a game changer. But he's a better fit for us than uga. No way Fromm will be unseated as starter. If he is, get ready for a locker room split.

It's an easy schedule, but this is the bold predictions thread. The Chubb/Michel tandom took a ton of pressure off of Fromm. Swift and Zeus are great, but they don't compare to that duo. I can see up to 5 possible losses on their schedule while healthy.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
3 guys get drafted on the defensive side of the ball.

Alexander
Branch
Mitchell
)

UDFA (but signed right after the draft)
rounds 4-7
Not drafted

We beat UGa. That reminds - I need to look at hotel reservations in Athens for that weekend.
We lose to Clemson. That defensive front is still very, very formidable.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Just about GT? Because I think uga will finish the season 8-4. There's no question that they have talent. But as we learned from 2014 to 2015, you cannot lose that much experience and leadership (almost all of their defensive starters and Wynn, Chubb, Blazevich, and Michel on offense) and expect to be in the same place the next year through reloading. That and you have to consider their QB roster is two guys (Fromm and Fields). If Fields ends up a bust like a lot of folks think, then they are one injury away from plummeting to 6-6 or worse. I think Roquan Smith is an irreplaceable player like how Shaq Mason was for us, so there will be a large drop off there. A team like South Carolina has a chance to expose them early and open the door for losses to LSU, Auburn, Florida, and Georgia Tech.
I think if we don't win nine games, Johnson is on the block. I'd hate to see it, but it is awfully hard to sell a program that is up this year, down next, with the usual suspects -- injuries, depth, defense -- rolled out to justify the roller coaster. I'm saying we can get to nine by playing 13 games -- sorry, bowl game yes, ACC championship, no. Two of the four losses will be Clemson and Georgia. For argument's sake, we win the bowl game. and have to cobble two more wins from Pittsburgh , Louisville, VT or Miami, the latter two rebounding with new coaches. (Optimistically we can beat Virginia, UNC and Duke, but we always say that about Duke.) To make it more difficult, all this has to be done while avoiding the mousetrap game that plagues us. (Note: Bowling Green is no powder puff.) Writing it out that way makes it a very daunting proposition, but: GT pulls it off and Johnson keeps his job.

gtsucks

Jolly Good Fellow
The people saying he should start are drunk off of recruiting rankings. The guy got bumped up from a 3* to a top 10 prospect in an afternoon. Don't get me wrong, if he had chosen to go to GT he would have been a game changer. But he's a better fit for us than uga. No way Fromm will be unseated as starter. If he is, get ready for a locker room split.

It's an easy schedule, but this is the bold predictions thread. The Chubb/Michel tandom took a ton of pressure off of Fromm. Swift and Zeus are great, but they don't compare to that duo. I can see up to 5 possible losses on their schedule while healthy.

I completely agree that he won't unseat Fromm this year, but I think you're underestimating the kid. I also think you're being a little ambitious with the 5 losses. 5 POSSIBLE losses, sure. But 9-3 is probably the floor for that team. You don't have the #1, #3, and #6 recruiting classes the past three years and suddenly lose your *** after a natty run.