Blue. Pants.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Why did Oregon following grow?
maxresdefault.jpg

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
This is just effing ridiculous. Besides my dislike of any use of blue in our uniforms, the idea of wearing blue against a team whose primary color is blue (regardless of the shade difference) is just plain stupid. I don't care if the players like it or not; they would probably like green if it came down to it, simply because it's something different. You guys can call me an old fogie all you want, but blue pants are NOT GEORGIA TECH !!!

Heh. You just took Gold1's outrage and ... supersiz'd it.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I have not even opened the link to see the unis but an observation -

There sincerely does seem to be a concerted effort to make blue a primary color. That is fine by me, but just be honest about it.

Second, and folks may be correct, but how does anyone know any recruits of significance will like these?

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
This is just effing ridiculous. Besides my dislike of any use of blue in our uniforms, the idea of wearing blue against a team whose primary color is blue (regardless of the shade difference) is just plain stupid. I don't care if the players like it or not; they would probably like green if it came down to it, simply because it's something different. You guys can call me an old fogie all you want, but blue pants are NOT GEORGIA TECH !!!

Blue is as much GT as turkey is Thanksgiving

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I'm all for wearing whatever the players and recruits like.

However, don't give the spiel about "branding" and being consistent with the "brand" and then use what is supposed to be an accent color as a primary color.

Definition of uniform

1 : having always the same form, manner, or degree : not varying or variable uniform procedures

2 : consistent in conduct or opinion uniform interpretation of laws

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Wish we would wear colored (gold or blue) pants on the road sometimes. I really don't like the "all-white" look.

My personal feelings about this uni - don't like it.
But, my feelings do not matter, if recruits like it.
I don't care when we score 60 plus on the road. How many of you guys are superstitious about which shirt you wear on game day?

We hit 60 plus against BG at home with gold pants. Just saying!!

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I assume not many grads took the strategic brand management course

Go to Fanatics.com and tell me what pops up as “top seller”. Fan involvement is just as much a part of branding as the unis wear. Wear the gold that is being asked instead heather grey and Iowa St gold

I'm all for wearing whatever the players and recruits like.

However, don't give the spiel about "branding" and being consistent with the "brand" and then use what is supposed to be an accent color as a primary color.

Definition of uniform

1 : having always the same form, manner, or degree : not varying or variable uniform procedures

2 : consistent in conduct or opinion uniform interpretation of laws

Why did you provide a definition that isn't relevant to this discussion? If you want to talk definitions, at least provide it for the correct usage of the word:

u·ni·form
ˈyo͞onəˌfôrm/
adjective

noun

1. the distinctive clothing worn by members of the same organization or body or by children attending certain schools.
    "airline pilots in dark blue uniforms"
    synonyms: costume, livery, regalia, suit, ensemble, outfit; More

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Blue is as much GT as turkey is Thanksgiving

True, because it is pretty well established that there is a high likelihood that the Pilgrims did not eat turkey that first Thanksgiving.

When I was at Tech, none of the sports teams wore any blue. I was told that in the 60's the basketball team had a uniform with lots of blue--which people objected to.

Sometime in the 80's someone decided that since black was a UGa color, that Tech should use blue rather than black as an accent color, although black continued to be used. Therefore, when the NCAA required home football teams to wear dark jerseys and we didn't have an exception, Ross' teams wore blue jerseys at home. Earlier in the 80's under Curry our dark jersey was black.

bikeseat

GT Athlete

This attitude toward change is why there is a general sense of apathy that surrounds the program. We are so obsessed with the tradition of our colors. We historically have not been Notre Dame or Oklahoma and our unis have always been in flux for our entire history.

Take a deep breath and realize we need to make GT football fun & exciting...not to fit what color shirts the jackets wore decades before the birth of current SAs. Holding up tradition as some sacrosanct thing only works if you have a history like Bama. As much as it pains me to say this GT doesn't even live in the same zip code as them