Blue. Pants.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I never understand why GT fans whine about uniforms...its for the team, not for the fans.

GT is not a cool brand. These are baby steps to fix it. In a way, if you are 60+ and DO NOT like the look that is probably a good thing because that means 16 & 17 year old recruits DO like it in general terms. Just sayin
But, it's the fans & the 60 year olds that have the money! just saying..

This attitude toward change is why there is a general sense of apathy that surrounds the program. We are so obsessed with the tradition of our colors. We historically have not been Notre Dame or Oklahoma and our unis have always been in flux for our entire history.

Take a deep breath and realize we need to make GT football fun & exciting...not to fit what color shirts the jackets wore decades before the birth of current SAs. Holding up tradition as some sacrosanct thing only works if you have a history like Bama. As much as it pains me to say this GT doesn't even live in the same zip code as them
We once did have a history like Bama, till Dodd pulled us out of the SEC, and everything went to hell. Dodd might have used blue jerseys on random occasions, but overall, it was WHITE AND GOLD, with BLACK trim, and EVERYBODY recognized us. Random changes in tradition aren't going to make us any more recognizable than we were then or are now.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I can't wait for the Hospital Green uniforms. The gold helmets will look really good on that shade of vomit. If adidas convinces CPJ to wear a similar shade green hat, we can expect in stores by Monday.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We look like we belong in the MAC. Just sad what our uniforms have come to this year. Last year, Russell finally got them right and now this. If the team likes them, great. But seriously? For Homecoming? Blue pants?? Our marketing departments for the AA and the school are absolutely the worst in all of major college athletics.

Well i guess im not sure what the point of the whole gold promotion was. Seems we are a white and blue team now.

Here's the funniest part of all this. Pitt is actually about to go back to their more traditional colors because one, they look better and two the fans hate their current look. Yet here we are trying to look like them. Only at GT

This is just effing ridiculous. Besides my dislike of any use of blue in our uniforms, the idea of wearing blue against a team whose primary color is blue (regardless of the shade difference) is just plain stupid. I don't care if the players like it or not; they would probably like green if it came down to it, simply because it's something different. You guys can call me an old fogie all you want, but blue pants are NOT GEORGIA TECH !!!

Bull S**T !!! It may be true that the Pilgrims didn't eat turkey, but it has become a TRADITION, just like GOLD AND WHITE.

Man I’ve been waiting all year for this and y’all haven’t disappointed. :ROFLMAO:

Now I just can’t wait for the encore when we wear white hats, navy jersey, and white pants :D

bikeseat

GT Athlete
Uniforms do not bring more fans, how many times has Alabama changed their uniforms? I am old but winning brings in more fans. Call me an old fuddy dud but I want players who want to win and less about how they look in uniforms.

Call me when we are on the same plane as Bama, then we can talk

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Sorry old heads, but I speak for the youth and we love these. We aren’t Penn St. or Bama. I don’t get the whining like we are breaking some 80 year uniform tradition.

I look at more like this. Tech is a classic school. Generally conservative. So, uniforms should reflect a nod to tradition. Blue pants are not only not traditional, Holy Cow ... it's a accent color.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Once we went honeycomb helmets and ugly honeycomb jerseys, all that was sacred fell off the table.

Time to move forward and not get anchored to the past, even though the offense is (<<kidding...kinda...:)).

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Once we went honeycomb helmets and ugly honeycomb jerseys, all that was sacred fell off the table.

Time to move forward and not get anchored to the past, even though the offense is (<<kidding...kinda...:)).

I'd like to see yellow and black horizontal stripes on pants and shirt with two yellowjacket eyes in front of the helmet and antennae on the side - in fact the whole helmet would look just like a yellowjacket's head- the whole uni as close to anatomically correct as possible to an actual yellowjacket. Just once, maybe against Alcorn State or somebody.

For the record, I'm not so much in opposition to the blue as wondering why we bust it out against the Blue Devils, of all people. But it's okay, I've learned not to care, really. Just win.