Biggest game for CPJ since Orange Bowl....

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
Bringing in a GT alum will be a clear signal we have given up.

What kind of education are people receiving that makes them think repeating the same, stupid decisions is a road to success?

We actually need to do just the opposite - for the sake of the entire school.
Brent Venables would be a great hire

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Agree to an extent. I fully support the players , and it sucks that all of this is taken out on them, wish we could still get fans to show up during down times.

I will say though, all the mistakes today and missed assignments make me wonder what CPJ is doing to coach these kids better. 2 years almost now of the same issues and coach hasn't figured out how to fix it. At some point you have to wonder if he really knows how to correct the issues
As much as some like cpj and want to stick with him, the apathy of our fan base is lethal right now to the program.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Agree to an extent. I fully support the players , and it sucks that all of this is taken out on them, wish we could still get fans to show up during down times.

I will say though, all the mistakes today and missed assignments make me wonder what CPJ is doing to coach these kids better. 2 years almost now of the same issues and coach hasn't figured out how to fix it. At some point you have to wonder if he really knows how to correct the issues

Yeah. Being plagued by fumbles all season, and here we are going for a record with 5 in the first half lol. That boils down to coaching. I’m sorry just does.

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
We look like a poorly-coached team. Fumbles everywhere. Blown coverages. Atrocious special teams. It is time for a change. No longer is it, "man, if we just had a decent defense." It is year 10 and we have: ZERO passing game, an A-back at QB who continuously makes poor reads and bad pitches on our bread-and-butter option plays, no playmaking wideouts, no O line depth... I could go on and on.

In no way do I intend to disrespect any one player--I am saying what all rational GT fans are thinking: CPJ is failing so badly at his job that it is now time to move on.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Exactly,
well who recruited these kids, who bragged after the the UGA game in 2014 that he was great at coaching up lower star recruits. All these mistakes were issues last year , and a year later still no resolve
We look like a poorly-coached team. Fumbles everywhere. Blown coverages. Atrocious special teams. It is time for a change. No longer is it, "man, if we just had a decent defense." It is year 10 and we have: ZERO passing game, an A-back at QB who continuously makes poor reads and bad pitches on our bread-and-butter option plays, no playmaking wideouts, no O line depth... I could go on and on.

In no way do I intend to disrespect any one player--I am saying what all rational GT fans are thinking: CPJ is failing so badly at his job that it is now time to move on.

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
I highly doubt he gets fired, we will see him for at least another year unless he quits imo. Which it’s been said, if it’s a really bad year this year he might quit.
I have my doubts too, but I don't know many places in the country that put up with this ****. I can't watch this every Saturday.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Guys we are just physically outmatched in this one. All this argument about who is at fault means nothing.

We are making the same old arguments after each game. As for my arguments CPJ is the same guy who won the ACC title and has beaten Ga at Ga several times.

I have blamed fundamentals and I have said the coach cannot go out and make the plays. To that point I think we all are seeing the result of the schools commitment. Football nor sports is the priority and until it is this will be the level of sports we should expect. Clemson has 2 QBs playing today who would be ahead of every QB we have on our depth chart.

I point this out b/c Clemson sports is being ran by the guy who left Tech.

They are congratulating Tech for completing a pass folks, it late 3rd I think that speaks to the state of things

RiseUpATL

Banned
And the game is different.

And it was nearly a decade again since he “won” the ACC and we need to quit hanging our hats on beating UGA because right now we can’t consistently beat Duke. Also UGA just leveled up. GT ain’t beating them anytime soon with the current state of things.

Our fans need to quit living on past success. All that matters right now is trajectory and it’s pointed way down.