Biggest game for CPJ since Orange Bowl....

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The change will come when the really big donors threaten to withhold the big bucks like this new educational center. My few thousand won't get any attention. I will give mine to the golf team since they win ACC championships.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I could see that being an ok hire he would keep woody but bring in they’re players and we could possibly be ok. I’ve supported CPJ for a long time I just think it’s time for a change. He had his run and don’t think he’ll get this team back to competing. I wouldn’t mind them bringing a GT alumn in that’s got experience like Godsey. It’ll always be hard to compete with UGA for in state recruiting but we have to do better
There’s about 50 4-5 star players in the state of Georgia and Uga can’t sign them all

JStewart2227

Jolly Good Fellow
There’s about 50 4-5 star players in the state of Georgia and Uga can’t sign them all
Exactly. We need someone that can come in and get some of them. Reguardless UGA is going to get theirs, and some will leave to go out of state to other top programs but we can find a better coach that will keep some of these guys home to compete and give us a chance again

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Exactly. We need someone that can come in and get some of them. Reguardless UGA is going to get theirs, and some will leave to go out of state to other top programs but we can find a better coach that will keep some of these guys home to compete and give us a chance again
Recruiting in Georgia is getting tougher with Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt recruiting 4 and 5 star players now.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I could see that being an ok hire he would keep woody but bring in they’re players and we could possibly be ok. I’ve supported CPJ for a long time I just think it’s time for a change. He had his run and don’t think he’ll get this team back to competing. I wouldn’t mind them bringing a GT alumn in that’s got experience like Godsey. It’ll always be hard to compete with UGA for in state recruiting but we have to do better

Bringing in a GT alum will be a clear signal we have given up.

What kind of education are people receiving that makes them think repeating the same, stupid decisions is a road to success?

We actually need to do just the opposite - for the sake of the entire school.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Preaching to the choir, brother

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Thrn, if so, it is time for people that love GT, to tell GT officials to go screw their cheating butts and lose every possible and type of donation.

And, as is typical, blaming the player for not running the ball to the outside on the stupid, very stupid , fake punt call.

Coach needs to retire somewhere where he can play golf every day.
Here's an interesting article on CPJ's buyout

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/9/15/17864314/paul-johnson-fire-contract-buyout

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
Alabama, Auburn, Clemson (even Duke and N.C. State) gets the rest of them because they want to play in the NFL. Tech’s offensive style keeps them from getting these type of players. Get NFL assistants/coordinators and then there is a chance to keep them in state.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Alabama, Auburn, Clemson (even Duke and N.C. State) gets the rest of them because they want to play in the NFL. Tech’s offensive style keeps them from getting these type of players. Get NFL assistants/coordinators and then there is a chance to keep them in state.
Preaching to the choir

64jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
If you watch college like I do. If you can't throw the Damn ball you don't win. SIMPLE AS THAT . The sad was watching the game today. The worse part today is watching other teams knowing that we can not compete with those teams. PJ must go. !! Give me a YOUNG and upcoming coach that can relate/ recruit !!

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
If you watch college like I do. If you can't throw the Damn ball you don't win. SIMPLE AS THAT . The sad was watching the game today. The worse part today is watching other teams knowing that we can not compete with those teams. PJ must go. !! Give me a YOUNG and upcoming coach that can relate/ recruit !!

I feel bad for the receivers and A-backs we do get. Heck, Lynch touched it only 3 times today and he is a proven Senior player. So I can imagine sitting in a living room trying to recruit a receiver/Aback “You might get 2-3 touches a game, you may not” because opponents defense dictates who gets the ball. Tech does not game plan to get the ball in specific playmakers hands (except QB and B Back).

GT_EE78

Banned
Just because we have a good Model T / model A driver doesn't mean we can continue to go with a thing that is obsolete.
The obsolete offense isn't competitive due to lack of passing.Those looking to get to next level don't want to play here.
It hurts defensive recruiting too. thanks for the good years but it's time to retire this offense.

MidtownJacket

Staff member

Did you watch the post game presser? Coach said exactly that. Following your logic, you must go from this board! He can’t make the players catch the ball, you can’t make him coach the players to pass the ball.

Sorry to see this happen, unfortunately your vitriol has indeed come back to get you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is the first time i've been able to see a pdf of the contract extension, at least TStan didn't push out the original buyout clause, he simply extended the end terms 2 more years.
So Johnson is owed $1MM for each year remaining on his contract. That would mean $4MM after the end of this season.
If he had pushed out the original buyout terms GT would have been on the hook for like 85% of the remaining salary - that would have been a huge difference that would likely made it completely untenable for GT to make a move if they had to.

https://hkm.com/football/contracts/paul-johnson/

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah but they will get 10 of them. And clem will get 5. And Aub will get 5. And bama will get 5. And tenn, uscE, ole miss, miss st, uf, miami, and fsu will get around 15 combined, maybe more. ND, Standford, tosu, michigan, sparty, okie, okie st, vt, unc,ncsu, etc. will get a combined 10. Not much to work with after that. to be competitive GT needs to start pulling in 5 of these guys per year minimum.