Biggest game for CPJ since Orange Bowl....

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
kinda boxed in on this discussion board trying to argue. If I point out basic things that players just don’t do right I’ll be yelled at for talking about the players, yet if I say the coach should coach better after watching those same players mess up the same basic things it’s ok. The reason there is a difference in results is not the coach it’s that we have different players.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
kinda boxed in on this discussion board trying to argue. If I point out basic things that players just don’t do right I’ll be yelled at for talking about the players, yet if I say the coach should coach better after watching those same players mess up the same basic things it’s ok. The reason there is a difference in results is not the coach it’s that we have different players.

And who is responsible for those players being there?

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck

That’s a deep question. Are they there b/c CPJ doesn’t want better players, do you really think that ? or are they missing b/c the BOR won’t give us academic avenues to get better players ?

Arguing that Tech sports problems in general is because of CJP or Hall or anyone else is fine but it would be nice if the argument were apples to apples. 75% of the players at Clemson, Bama or Ga couldn’t even get into Tech yet you don’t even bat an eye at that fact. Tech sports worst enemy is THE BOR and The HILL not it’s coaches

If Tech had some BS courses to flood with football players CJP would be your favorite coach ! Because football talented players capable of exploiting the right reads would be making CPJ look like a genius.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck

BTW asking that question seems to indicate you think the players actually may be contributing to the poor performance, kinda like you want it both ways, it’s the coach whose responsible for the losses but the players for the wins

Jawtek82

Georgia Tech Fan
I highly doubt he gets fired, we will see him for at least another year unless he quits imo. Which it’s been said, if it’s a really bad year this year he might quit.
Why would he quit? He's nearing retirement age and it's not like any big time program is gonna come clamoring for him. He is not a very good college head football coach, but he is signed through 2022 and he not going anywhere before the end of the 2021 season at the earliest. So just accept that we are going to get three more years of this after this year, and hope you are still alive to see what happens after that.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
75% of the players at Clemson, Bama or Ga couldn’t even get into Tech yet you don’t even bat an eye at that fact.

Mostly because it's a made up fact.

BTW asking that question seems to indicate you think the players actually may be contributing to the poor performance, kinda like you want it both ways, it’s the coach whose responsible for the losses but the players for the wins

What wins?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Why would he quit? He's nearing retirement age and it's not like any big time program is gonna come clamoring for him. He is not a very good college head football coach, but he is signed through 2022 and he not going anywhere before the end of the 2021 season at the earliest. So just accept that we are going to get three more years of this after this year, and hope you are still alive to see what happens after that.
What happens if he's still around in 2021 wont be pretty:vomit:

Jawtek82

Georgia Tech Fan
That’s a deep question. Are they there b/c CPJ doesn’t want better players, do you really think that ? or are they missing b/c the BOR won’t give us academic avenues to get better players ?

Arguing that Tech sports problems in general is because of CJP or Hall or anyone else is fine but it would be nice if the argument were apples to apples. 75% of the players at Clemson, Bama or Ga couldn’t even get into Tech yet you don’t even bat an eye at that fact. Tech sports worst enemy is THE BOR and The HILL not it’s coaches

If Tech had some BS courses to flood with football players CJP would be your favorite coach ! Because football talented players capable of exploiting the right reads would be making CPJ look like a genius.
What is this blaming the Board of regents. Please to explain exactly what criteria the BOR imposes on football recruits that is more stringent than Stanford or Duke or Notre Dame? Or even Georgia for that matter. I hear people parroting this supposed truth all the time, but I never hear anyone explain exactly HOW the BOR prevents Georgia Tech from recruiting the same SA as everyone else - or why they would even want to do that?

Jawtek82

Georgia Tech Fan
What happens if he's still around in 2021 wont be pretty:vomit:
I'm sure it won't be. Probably a good reason to not flame out over CPJ now when they are going to have three more years and things are likely to get even worse. Better for folks to hold some of their fire in reserve lest they just become shrill.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
What is this blaming the Board of regents. Please to explain exactly what criteria the BOR imposes on football recruits that is more stringent than Stanford or Duke or Notre Dame? Or even Georgia for that matter. I hear people parroting this supposed truth all the time, but I never hear anyone explain exactly HOW the BOR prevents Georgia Tech from recruiting the same SA as everyone else - or why they would even want to do that?

Well when it has become obvious that the DC wasn't the problem people needed a new target that wasn't Johnson.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck

Let's start with this one.
https://www.usg.edu/regents/members/

How many Tech alums are represented on the board and how many ugag alums?
It's been extremely difficult to introduce a new "athlete-friendly" major at Tech.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Ok I’m done, can’t debate with someone who moves the target. I’m wrong I know, most of the players at Bama, Clemson and Ga could get into Tech and even play football , you are right.

So do you have any actual support for your claim?

Jawtek82

Georgia Tech Fan
Ok I’m done, can’t debate with someone who moves the target. I’m wrong I know, most of the players at Bama, Clemson and Ga could get into Tech and even play football , you are right.
Do you believe that most of the players at Bama, Clemson and Ga could get into Bama, Clemson and Ga if they were not playing football there? I know that is speculation - I'm just curious what you think. I'll tell you my opinion: no.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure it won't be. Probably a good reason to not flame out over CPJ now when they are going to have three more years and things are likely to get even worse. Better for folks to hold some of their fire in reserve lest they just become shrill.
It's going to be really bad from now until the time he retires or is fired in my opinion. It wont stop and when the losses really pile up the amount of angry critics will increase more and more.