Biggest game for CPJ since Orange Bowl....

GT_EE78

Banned
I’ve reset my expectations. I now aspire to climb to mediocrity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
we're already on our way . AD seems to like the "diplomats approach" (to be as average as one can be) If we can just get PJ to stop recruiting those 2 and 4 star guys to only get the 3star guys we should achieve 65th best (in a 130 team FBS)

techman

Georgia Tech Fan
I have never seen CPJ look so subdued or maybe 'resigned' is a better descriptor on the sidelines in the Pitt game.....and SO EARLY in the game. Maybe he has looked this way before at later points in games where GT was not competitive.....but against Pitt he looked this way very early and i don't think I've ever seen that in him before. Did others not notice this? He was NOT upset or emotional just sort of ....well...I'm really not sure what to attribute it to? Anything would be speculation but he really seemed oddly calm and resigned to me. Did you see this too? What do you attribute it to?

LibertyTurns

Banned
I have never seen CPJ look so subdued or maybe 'resigned' is a better descriptor on the sidelines in the Pitt game.....and SO EARLY in the game. Maybe he has looked this way before at later points in games where GT was not competitive.....but against Pitt he looked this way very early and i don't think I've ever seen that in him before. Did others not notice this? He was NOT upset or emotional just sort of ....well...I'm really not sure what to attribute it to? Anything would be speculation but he really seemed oddly calm and resigned to me. Did you see this too? What do you attribute it to?
I saw it also. The man’s not a quitter & looks exasperated. Whenever you get someone like that who feels they’re in a position where they’ve tried everything they can think of to make something work & the results are unsatisfactory they look like that. When you’ve got core values, your bedrock principles for life & success and those aren’t working for you then that’s the look you get. The end may be nearer than we think. He’s not an unprincipled man & in his own way he’ll figure this it one way or the other.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Yes. Saw the same thing. It was early in first quarter. I think he is worn out personally. Who knows. But tech can wear on you. If you are an ultra competitive winner tech is doubly hard on you.

Gt finds every way to make sports difficult

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Many of us have been where he may be , in our own way. For me personally , sometimes I have to just go with my gut instinct and persevere. But sometimes dire circumstances force us to take a hard look at ourselves and stop " blaming " others. I know he loves to win , and hates to lose, as many of us do, maybe more than most. But just wanting that , without considering your own shortcomings , just creates anger and dissension among your team. Just my 2 cents.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Did you see him get after the refs on the late hit calls?

That is easy to do. Nothing to lose or gain. No commitment needed on coaches part such as getting your players motivated, recruiting better, putting them in right positions, making better calls.

We could pay a coach $100,000 just to get motivated to scream at refs.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
That is easy to do. Nothing to lose or gain. No commitment needed on coaches part such as getting your players motivated, recruiting better, putting them in right positions, making better calls.

We could pay a coach $100,000 just to get motivated to scream at refs.

BDS hosts plenty of people who pay for the opportunity to scream at refs.

MediocreEngineer?

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey everyone, I am new here and seldom post on forums but have become frustrated with GT football enough to join this and try to figure out why our program sucks so badly. My first set of questions is:
  • I keep reading that CPJ isn't receiving full support, so he is being given leniency with regard to his bad teams. Can someone please elaborate what is meant by that? Specifically, who is not giving him support? What is the nature of the lack of support (money, scholarships, resources, et cetera)? Does anyone know why he is not being fully backed by athletic department?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Noticed this as well, imo I see it as two things, either he was confident they could come back or he was just in complete shock.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Hey everyone, I am new here and seldom post on forums but have become frustrated with GT football enough to join this and try to figure out why our program sucks so badly. My first set of questions is:
  • I keep reading that CPJ isn't receiving full support, so he is being given leniency with regard to his bad teams. Can someone please elaborate what is meant by that? Specifically, who is not giving him support? What is the nature of the lack of support (money, scholarships, resources, et cetera)? Does anyone know why he is not being fully backed by athletic department?
So, GT has been in the bottom half in funding for the football program out of all power 5 schools, and 2nd to last in the ACC. Our locker room had not been updated since the early 2000’s until this past year. Russell uniforms, mediatory calculus, EXTREMELY understaffed and when I say extremely I mean 3 support staff members (until this year, now 6 I think) compared to teams with over 30. These are all thing which can majorly hurt recruiting, and the worse the recruiting the worse the team, generally. I’m glad we have T Stan now, he’s really been doing some good things for the program imo. Basically we were a Volkswagen while the rest were either Toyota’s or Lamborghinis.

I will say I still believe in this team though, and I think they can close the season out with a bang. We aren’t as bad as we’ve shown the past two weeks imo, we just need some things to change.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Thank God you're here, and starting new threads instead of piggybacking off of a dozen others on the same topic. Thank you. I'll show myself out.

Don't mind me, I'm just in a bad mood. This site friggin sucks lately, the mosquitos have shown up with free reign apparently.
Ain't that the truth!!! SMDH
He actually had the thread he started moved here lol. That’s how I found his comment.