Biggest game for CPJ since Orange Bowl....

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Because we'll have to wait until he gets us to his 4th first.

Now why they won't happen? Because I don't see a converted bball player becoming our best WR, an injury forcing the best BBack to play, or a transfer by a starting QB to allow a better QB to step in. Nor do I see two teams in our division being ineligible so we can sneak in at 6-6. Lastly, I don't see Nesbitt, Dwyer, or Thomas getting any more eligibility.

We were co champs in 2008, so ok we didn’t play in the championship game that year but I guess we could rehire Gailey

GoldenBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
Don’t be so sure with how much the ACC sux.

Kinda of like getting to a bowl game - ain’t that hard.

FIRE PAUL JOHNSON NOW, RIGHT THIS MINUTE, TONIGHT! The money shouldn't matter as much as our honor. This is beyond embarrassing. It's sickening.

If Cow Town can fire Mark Richt for not being at the level they wanted, then so we should and so we can.

northgajacket

Banned
With the way things are going right now. We might see an opposing team flash this on their scoreboard like Duke did in 1987:
“Welcome to the ACC basement.”

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
We
FIRE PAUL JOHNSON NOW, RIGHT THIS MINUTE, TONIGHT! The money shouldn't matter as much as our honor. This is beyond embarrassing. It's sickening.

If Cow Town can fire Mark Richt for not being at the level they wanted, then so we should and so we can.
We fire him now the season is sealed and done, we won't do that
But I think if we finish below 500, no bowl, no uga win. He should be pressured to retire.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

GoldenBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
That one really got to Ross. It was on the locker room wall . He hated Duke.
WeWe fire him now the season is sealed and done, we won't do that
But I think if we finish below 500, no bowl, no uga win. He should be pressured to retire.

Not sure where you're coming from. The season IS done. We're not going to have a winning season. We're not going to beat uga. We're not going to a bowl game. Only a masochist would want to keep this living hell going.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I sure hope that's not what cpj is saying to these kids. Every game is winnable.
Your right crappy season , crappy coach but we still can win a few games. A few is better than 0 chance
Not sure where you're coming from. The season IS done. We're not going to have a winning season. We're not going to beat uga. We're not going to a bowl game. Only a masochist would want to keep this living hell going.

GoldenBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
I sure hope that's not what cpj is saying to these kids. Every game is winnable.
Your right crappy season , crappy coach but we still can win a few games. A few is better than 0 chance

I respectfully disagree. It's better to lose the rest with an eye to the future than to win a few while swimming around this toilet bowl.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Why would he quit? He's nearing retirement age and it's not like any big time program is gonna come clamoring for him. He is not a very good college head football coach, but he is signed through 2022 and he not going anywhere before the end of the 2021 season at the earliest. So just accept that we are going to get three more years of this after this year, and hope you are still alive to see what happens after that.
Yea well this was coming from the opinion of someone in the “know” so take it for what it’s worth, but they said if he has a bad year they think he quits. CPJ has said when he thinks he cant win every game he will be done, another bad year could do that.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
What is this blaming the Board of regents. Please to explain exactly what criteria the BOR imposes on football recruits that is more stringent than Stanford or Duke or Notre Dame? Or even Georgia for that matter. I hear people parroting this supposed truth all the time, but I never hear anyone explain exactly HOW the BOR prevents Georgia Tech from recruiting the same SA as everyone else - or why they would even want to do that?
Well we have been denied new majors, plus all those schools you named have about double the majors they offer.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Why, in some people’s minds, are keeping Johnson and rehiring Gailey the only two options?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t believe that it’s one or the other, I was responding to a post from a fellow member who is a fire CPJ person. I have a hard time blaming CPJ when he and his play calling has put us in so many good positions during his tenure.

CPJ is not the one who has changed it’s the players ( actual classes ) who’ve change. TM is a 2 year starter I imagine he is the product of us having an established highly competent QB running the offense for so long, JT. ( which limited any other players exposure to the position).

I would agree that the option makes it harder to develop the next guy given it’s not a typical system that a back up QB simply steps into and runs after the 4 year starter leaves.

But this entire fire CPJ thing is, in my opinion, short sighted.

Short of Ross and O’leary I can’t rember another coach at Tech that has won so much and I would remind the CPJ haters that both of those coaches left us, one for the pros and the other for another school.

TM plays scared at QB, I’m sorry but he does. I agree he is out of position I agree that playing the back ups now is problably a better thing but I do not believe that firing the most seccessful Tech coach in my lifetime, who hasn't quit on us, is very wise.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I've said this on this forum a few times in the last few years but as a Tech alum, I do not want to see us dilute our education standards to let in more kids, even if they were 4 and 5 stars. Can't have it both ways and I'm okay with that. I'm okay that we're not a football factory. It is what it is.

And to those delusional fans that think anyone at bamers and ugag can get into Tech, I really don't know what to say to you guys.

Anyone saying that nobody from the bama or ugag teams could not get into GT is out of touch with reality. They think too much of themselves.

And all you geniuses that got a GT degree NOT in Nuclear Engineering have totally devalued the degree of those that did. You have disgraced the school.

And, no doubt, you are totally oblivious and illiterate to the fact about how your attitudes are actually hurting the entire school. Selfish and short sighted.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone saying that nobody from the bama or ugag teams could not get into GT is out of touch with reality. They think too much of themselves.

And all you geniuses that got a GT degree NOT in Nuclear Engineering have totally devalued the degree of those that did. You have disgraced the school.

And, no doubt, you are totally oblivious and illiterate to the fact about how your attitudes are actually hurting the entire school. Selfish and short sighted.

I Agree with your analysis that the attitude hurts the school overall but I think we can safely assume that the vast majority of the players at those schools are not taking calculus, which I believe is a requirement at Tech regardless of degree path. That surely impacts where they decide to go and play

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
What you have to have is a president that wants competitive athletics and willing to make exceptions.

And you have to understand there are people connected to the Tech administration that do not want to provide these exceptions... okay, maybe bend a little but the school should not be taking in a student that cannot survive academically. I had some classes with Kofi Smith back in the days as an IE... and yes, IE's not even the "real" engineering major. I looked at him like I do with typical athletes. But guess what he's become outside of athletics. These are type of men and women Tech generates so if our athletics isn't winning all the time in their rite, it's okay b/c it surely is producing winners at life.

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2018/08/07/q-a-with-kofi-smith-2018-most-admired-ceo.html