Biggest game for CPJ since Orange Bowl....

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
What is this blaming the Board of regents. Please to explain exactly what criteria the BOR imposes on football recruits that is more stringent than Stanford or Duke or Notre Dame? Or even Georgia for that matter. I hear people parroting this supposed truth all the time, but I never hear anyone explain exactly HOW the BOR prevents Georgia Tech from recruiting the same SA as everyone else - or why they would even want to do that?

Why can’t you guys argue the actual arguments ? I NEVER said the BOR prevents Tech from recruiting the same kids what I did say is that they control the academic standards that TEch could change — with the BOR approval therefore gaining the recruits that they have missed b/c of academics. It’s pretty simple !

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
PJ is an OC. He is not a HC. Bad with the press, mediocre recruiter, grouchy, and stubborn. The only real recruiter we have is coach Mac. Too early to tell with Woody. If PJ wants to coach then he needs to move down in competition.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Do you believe that most of the players at Bama, Clemson and Ga could get into Bama, Clemson and Ga if they were not playing football there? I know that is speculation - I'm just curious what you think? I'll tell you my opinion: no.

Uh I believe you made my point, did you mean to do that ? No they couldn’t and they damn sure don’t get into TECH

Jawtek82

Georgia Tech Fan
Why can’t you guys argue the actual arguments ? I NEVER said the BOR prevents Tech from recruiting the same kids what I did say is that they control the academic standards that TEch could change — with the BOR approval therefore gaining the recruits that they have missed b/c of academics. It’s pretty simple !
Maybe you are misunderstood because your posts so badly mangle the English language. I read that post four times and I still have no idea what you are trying to say.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
I've said this on this forum a few times in the last few years but as a Tech alum, I do not want to see us dilute our education standards to let in more kids, even if they were 4 and 5 stars. Can't have it both ways and I'm okay with that. I'm okay that we're not a football factory. It is what it is.

And to those delusional fans that think anyone at bamers and ugag can get into Tech, I really don't know what to say to you guys.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I've said this on this forum a few times in the last few years but as a Tech alum, I do not want to see us dilute our education standards to let in more kids, even if they were 4 and 5 stars. Can't have it both ways and I'm okay with that. I'm okay that we're not a football factory. It is what it is.

And to those delusional fans that think anyone at bamers and ugag can get into Tech, I really don't know what to say to you guys.
2014 showed us we can do well on lower star recruits, it's about having a coach that can coach up with what we have. It can be done cpj has shown that, but right now we just aren't even competitive against schools we used do well against, Clemson may just be out of reach for a bit until changes are made more than just CPJ

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe you are misunderstood because your posts so badly mangle the English language. I read that post four times and I still have no idea what you are trying to say.
Maybe you are misunderstood because your posts so badly mangle the English language. I read that post four times and I still have no idea what you are trying to say.[/QUOTE

Please point me to the post that so confused you

GoldenBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
Why would he quit? He's nearing retirement age and it's not like any big time program is gonna come clamoring for him. He is not a very good college head football coach, but he is signed through 2022 and he not going anywhere before the end of the 2021 season at the earliest. So just accept that we are going to get three more years of this after this year, and hope you are still alive to see what happens after that.

To all those who want to get rid of Coach Paul Johnson:

"I think this Clemson game shows we've really turned things around. We're really gonna run the table the rest of the season! What a terrific game, both coaching and performance wise. Looks like the offense is operating with precision and finally clicking on all cylinders! And man, how about that new defense! Absolutely awesome. Looking forward to many more years of Paul Johnson football at Tech!! 2019 is going to be our year!"

Yeah, that kind of thinking makes me sick to my stomach too.

Milwaukee

Banned

I'd only say 2 words to you: Justin Thomas.

Milwaukee

Banned
Look, we don't have to change curriculum. The only time we cry about that is when we're losing. We need to recruit better and coach better. Nobody bitches about our entry requirements when we're playing for ACC titles.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Look, we don't have to change curriculum. The only time we cry about that is when we're losing. We need to recruit better and coach better. Nobody bitches about our entry requirements when we're playing for ACC titles.

Correct and the anti CPJ folks aren’t wanting to fire the coach when we are playing in the 4 ACC championship games his coaching has taken us to

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
And perhaps you could tell me Why specifically ?

Because we'll have to wait until he gets us to his 4th first.

Now why they won't happen? Because I don't see a converted bball player becoming our best WR, an injury forcing the best BBack to play, or a transfer by a starting QB to allow a better QB to step in. Nor do I see two teams in our division being ineligible so we can sneak in at 6-6. Lastly, I don't see Nesbitt, Dwyer, or Thomas getting any more eligibility.