Ben Lammers

JacketsForever

Georgia Tech Fan
The Laminator and Slammers seems to be the go to..but meh. We need a really good one. Seems like a job for Peacone. Here's my list:
The Mechanic
Big Tex
Great Wall of Lammers
Border Patrol
Big Pimpin Ben
If you got some good ideas, release it!

I'm all about "Lam Daddy" ..

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It's important for us to get the elite recruits, but it's equally important for us to get the Ben Lammers and Okogies. That's how you build a program. SAs like Big Game and Okogie help get you to the tournament every year. Guys like MJ Walker take you from making the tournament to a potential Final 4 team.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
It's important for us to get the elite recruits, but it's equally important for us to get the Ben Lammers and Okogies. That's how you build a program. SAs like Big Game and Okogie help get you to the tournament every year. Guys like MJ Walker take you from making the tournament to a potential Final 4 team.

Agreed 100%

As for anyone needing proof. I point to UW. Good NBA talent but not much base and not much coaching. Perennial programs are perennial for a reason. They all follow a system that includes all 3 factors. Izzo K Cal and Self aren't the luckiest guys in the world

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I mean, he's no Sebas Saiz. Amirite Fran?

Lammers is a REALLY good defensive center...Saiz is not in the same zip code as Big Game in that department. One thing I did like from Saiz is that shoulder dip and hook move he has. That was money. Ben needs to develop a hook shot like that, and learn to wrong foot defenders so he can throw it down their noggin. Baiz has a more polished low post offensive game than Lammers. Lammers has a better shot.

That was a fun matchup. Will be interesting to see how Lammers develops his game this offseason. He's a few good post moves away from being a dominant force on both ends of the court.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Lammers is a REALLY good defensive center...Saiz is not in the same zip code as Big Game in that department. One thing I did like from Saiz is that shoulder dip and hook move he has. That was money. Ben needs to develop a hook shot like that, and learn to wrong foot defenders so he can throw it down their noggin. Baiz has a more polished low post offensive game than Lammers. Lammers has a better shot.

That was a fun matchup. Will be interesting to see how Lammers develops his game this offseason. He's a few good post moves away from being a dominant force on both ends of the court.
Ben reminds me of former Duke Center Mike Gminski

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Ben reminds me of former Duke Center Mike Gminski

Maybe it's the way we use him at the top of the arc, but sometimes he reminds me of Pau Gasol. Lammers doesn't have the flare, or the killer instincts around the basket yet, but every once and again there's something Lammers does that makes me go "Hmm...Pau does that too". Could be the fall away jumper, could be the way he passes in tight spaces, could be his movement off his passes....Lammers to me has a more Euro center feel than the traditional low post American center.