Ben Lammers

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm very impressed with the improvement of Lammers. Had a career high against Louisville with 24pts. He is basically averaging a double-double with 14pts and 9.9 reb a game. And he is top five in the nation in blocks.

My only concern though is the amount of minutes he's been playing. But we really don't have a reliable backup at this moment. I know Coach Pastner and the staff are doing the best they can and are trying to win. But I just hope that Lammers can keep this going for the rest of the season.

Go Jackets!

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Fantastic play by Big Ben. Towards the end he couldn't be stopped. Great teaming with Josh. If we only had a few more consistent guys. Some good things from Gueye today also. We could use his height on a regular basis.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
CPast: “Rick Pitino told me before the game he’s the most improved player in the league by a mile and maybe the most improved player he’s seen in the last 10 years in college basketball, to go from where he was, where he didn’t think he was really good, to where he is now.”

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I'm happy for Ben. He obviously worked his butt off to develop and improve. The result is apparent and I'm sure it's gratifying for him to get the accolades

bob4gt

Jolly Good Fellow
I just hope he doesn't get so good he becomes a high draft choice this year. Without him, next year could be really bad.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Lammers isn't close to being a first round pick much less a lottery pick.

NBA drafts largely on youth and upside.
Ben is not super athletic. He is older so he is seen as having less time to develop. He will be lucky to get drafted at all after his SR year. More likely he will get invited to training camps and make a team as an unsigned free agent.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yeah sLammers will be a good pro but he doesn't fall in the realm of what teams draft for now. He's more steak than sizzle which most NBA teams seem to eschew until the 2nd round or later.

That said, if he improves this offseason at the same rate he improved this past offseason, the conversation will be different 'cause he'll be an ACCPOY candidate.

Dude was flat out remarkable in stretches vs Lville. That one block where he cupped the guy's shot was just awesome.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
He continues to hit that 15' jumper and people are going to have to take notice.

Fortunately (for us) he is not threat to leave early I don't believe. Someone In the past week or say made comment that the big man doesn't recognize himself as being as good as he is. If Reveno can turn that light on, you're going to see him explode.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
He is kinda like Muscala. Big dorky looking white guy, and when people see him come out the tunnel they think he has no game. Like Moose he does not have much body mass. The biggest difference between them is Lammers can get boards, and Muscala can shoot from 3. I can see Ben go the European route for 2 years, continue to get bigger and expand his J, then move over to the NBA as a solid role player.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
He is kinda like Muscala. Big dorky looking white guy, and when people see him come out the tunnel they think he has no game. Like Moose he does not have much body mass. The biggest difference between them is Lammers can get boards, and Muscala can shoot from 3. I can see Ben go the European route for 2 years, continue to get bigger and expand his J, then move over to the NBA as a solid role player.

Reminds me of Tim Young at Stanford in the mid 90s

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Great article from Ken.
Why Ben Lammers might be the ACC’s most improved player
Trying to encapsulate Lammers’ importance, Pastner said that without him, Tech’s margin for error isn’t zero, but grasped to communicate a space even more miniscule.

“It’s infinity?” he asked. “I don’t know what’s the other word. He’s a bona fide, really good ACC player, and he’s so important to our team in many areas.”

Not to detract from the 'most improved' angle... a good portion of this year's stat production increase is simply increased playing time, which in my opinion he earned last year but was not granted. Many of us were clamoring for more minutes.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Great article from Ken.
Why Ben Lammers might be the ACC’s most improved player

Not to detract from the 'most improved' angle... a good portion of this year's stat production increase is simply increased playing time, which in my opinion he earned last year but was not granted. Many of us were clamoring for more minutes.

In hindsight, I wish he could have redshirted is 1st year. CBG probably wanted grad transfers to see that if they came to GT, they would get most of the playing time, unfortunately to the detriment of Lammers.