OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    645.9 KB · Views: 58

techgrad

Jolly Good Fellow
I think he also had 4 steal in the Ole Miss game and maybe 2 in the CSUB game. But this is based on memory. Too lazy to look it up.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Me and my friend who was watching the game with after another blocked shot in the second half coulda sworn he had like at least 8 and we looked it up and only had credit for 4 or 5. Only haha

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Georgia Tech center Ben Lammers’ offseason objective: Learn to run
The first item of Georgia Tech center Ben Lammers’ to-do list for the offseason might come as a surprise.

“First and foremost, he needs to learn how to run properly,” coach Josh Pastner said.

This past season, Lammers became a second-team All-ACC selection and the defensive player of the year without proper running form, by Pastner’s assessment. Lammers’ gait does appear inefficient, particularly stride length, resulting in unnecessary use of energy and a limiting of speed.

“His ability to run from basket to basket and his ability to set screens and sprint to the rim, he needs to be better on that,” Pastner said.

Dude goes 2nd team All ACC and wins DPOY but doesn't even know how to run. I love it.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Needs to work on legit post moves. That fadeway is ok for a guard, but a 6'10 center needs to be able to work within 5 feet of the basket. Lammers is a good shooter for a Center, but he can be more dangerous if he complements that shot with a solid post game. I'd personally like to see a hook shot; wrongfooting a guy on a pump and then slamming on his head; a spin move. A big thing to work on is his strength and explosion.

The good thing about Lammers is even though he had a heck of year, there's still A LOT of room for improvement. He could easily be one of the top centers in all the country next year.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Strength and explosion. If he is going to even think about the NBA he needs to be able to finish through contact.
Add a post move or two and he has a shot.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Needs to work on legit post moves. That fadeway is ok for a guard, but a 6'10 center needs to be able to work within 5 feet of the basket. Lammers is a good shooter for a Center, but he can be more dangerous if he complements that shot with a solid post game. I'd personally like to see a hook shot; wrongfooting a guy on a pump and then slamming on his head; a spin move. A big thing to work on is his strength and explosion.

The good thing about Lammers is even though he had a heck of year, there's still A LOT of room for improvement. He could easily be one of the top centers in all the country next year.
I love what he does, but he needs to improve on his low post offense and find a substitute for the fade way.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Plenty of bigs at the highest level don't have a complete game. He's never going to be a power guy. I do think he can absolutely work on his back to the basket low post game, though. Hook shots and drop steps (either finish or get to the line). Needs to get stronger corralling low post entry passes. If he can do those things, he'll be a threat to be double-teamed, and his passing skills and turnover efficiency become that much more powerful.

I think his biggest liability at the pro-level is one-on-one low post defense. More of a help guy / rim protector for cutters. But needs more physicality to keep post men from backing themselves into position. If he were in the league now, they wouldn't play zone, so they'd probably have to help him with double teams for a lot of matchups.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Sugiura: Ben Lammers’ summer break has been anything but
Aside from the two hours weekly that Lammers can work with Reveno and other coaches, he has dedicated himself to solo shooting sessions to extend his range. Reveno sees him using the 3 as a trailer on fast breaks and out of the high post, where the offense runs through him. He wants Lammers shooting in the 40 percent range.

“He’s kind of a microcosm of the team, I guess,” Reveno said “He needs to finish better around the basket and shoot better 3’s.”