Ben Lammers

William S. Baker

Georgia Tech Fan
These are really tough comments to respond to and hear. In my opinion, nothing about Ben is average. My only disappointment was that he did not slam the ball every time he could. However, I have rarely seen better hands ot better passer from a big man. He can catch any pass and feed to a cutter precisely. The only times he seemed average were times he was injured, yet played through injury. Other times were when he stayed up all night studying and still played. At NC, he would not have this issue.
We had a unique opportunity with Ben, Okogie, Jackson, and team. Cool and worth every second.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
These are really tough comments to respond to and hear. In my opinion, nothing about Ben is average. My only disappointment was that he did not slam the ball every time he could. However, I have rarely seen better hands ot better passer from a big man. He can catch any pass and feed to a cutter precisely. The only times he seemed average were times he was injured, yet played through injury. Other times were when he stayed up all night studying and still played. At NC, he would not have this issue.
We had a unique opportunity with Ben, Okogie, Jackson, and team. Cool and worth every second.
I was just being sarcastic and I'm pretty sure the other posters were too. In the thread about Okogie going pro, somebody called him an average player and these posts were to make light of that. There was absolutely nothing average about Lammers in his time at Tech. Dude was a horse for us.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Ben's accomlishments cannot be overstated. A true student athlete with a tough college major- hey coach K it wasn' sociology like your OAD players. Plus he was hurt for about half the season last year. Really glad we have young men like him at GT.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Interesting to see Brice Johnson washing out. Thought he was the next John Henson. (Henson is a solid rotation guy. 8 ppl, 5 rpg in 20 mins)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Sugiura: Ben Lammers explains his decision to head to Spain
Lammers, the 2017 ACC defensive player of the year, said that the offer from Bilbao Basket had been on the table for a couple weeks as he contemplated various options, including the NBA’s G-League. He said he felt that his chances for advancement were better in Spain. For example, Lammers said Bilbao had just been relegated from the first division and signed Lammers as part of an attempt to get back into the first division.

Should that happen, Lammers’ salary would likely increase, and compensation is generally much higher than in the G-League.
“I like the position I’m in because it kind of feels like a starting position in a great company where, if you do well, people will see you and you can skyrocket,” he said. “It’s basically like I control my own future with this one.”

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
One of my life goals has always been to be one of those NBA guys whose “expiring contract” gets traded around the league for a few years after retirement. I think it might be time to let that dream die.