Ben Lammers

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Maybe my eyes are just biased on some of the calls and I didn't have replay but it's hard to lose a double digit lead under 5 minutes when you're the one supposedly getting all the calls.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I said in chat that that was an awful call. You just don't make that call, not in that spot. It has to be flat-out egregious. Even then it's open to criticism. That's a TV Teddie type of call. Blow the whistle then strut out to midcourt and make the little "chargeeeeee" motion for emphasis.

Teddie would've stared down the opposing coach just in case a T-able offense was uttered. He actually did this to one of our players (Moore, I think) in the last game of ours he reffed. He's got it down to a science.

It was Jax I think. He kind of pirouetted in disgust and Ted was really trying to be the adult......barely accomplished it

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Let's just win out going into the ACC tournament, so I don't have to hear that that one call defines our Dance chances.

You can tell me about that call every day and I'll tell you I don't care. We get our fair share of short ends when it comes to that stick.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It was Jax I think. He kind of pirouetted in disgust and Ted was really trying to be the adult......barely accomplished it

That was it. I mean he stared at the kid for a full 5-6 seconds (which is an eternity when you consider the situation). Who does that?

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Pat Forde is a nozzle. Outside of blatantly rooting for Kentucky and occasionally UNC, he goes out of his way to post smarmy holier-than-thou crap like that. Pond scum is a higher order of life

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
That illegal screen may have been a make up call since Ben was fouled on that out of bounds play and it was not called. A lot of fouls were not called on them during that last couple of minutes with all that pressure on the ball. There are a lot of screens this year that should be fouls that are not usually called. We got one when we needed it.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Moving screens are becoming as hard to call as block/charge. With all the screen /roll and dribble hand-off action, there are a ton of screens out in the open in today's game. The screener is almost never completely set and usually leans or throws a hip to slow the defender down if they try to come over the top. You could argue that 80% of the screens are illegal and should be whistled. Or you can say that it's part of the game and never call it. The problem is when they don't call it for 35 minutes and then randomly call one on a play which looks like so many others that were no calls.

My biggest complaint with officials is inconsistency within a game. If it's a foul 30 seconds in, it's a foul with 0.1 seconds left. Ditto with traveling, palming, three seconds and all the other calls they make once a decade. Either call it or don't. Just don't make the kids figure out what you're doing. They pick up on what's being called early and adjust. If refs are consistent, it all works. If they aren't it's chaos and a bad game

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
ACC refs call a lot of touch or "situational" fouls that are not called in other conferences. Hurts some ACC teams in the ncaa tournament when not called and they are used to getting them (Dook ,unc). Been that way for a long time. Big 10 refs let a lot of contact go uncalled. ACC not so much. Dean Smith owned the refs for many years. Now it seems to be K.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
How long has he been playing with the tape around his wrist? I was thinkin maybe thats why his freethrows and midrangers were so broke

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Sugiura: Ben Lammers wins more praise from Mike Brey
“It’s hard to score in the paint with him back there,” Brey said of Lammers. “He made some unbelievable recovery blocks. The one on Bonzie (Wells) when he shot that reverse layup – he came from behind and got it. He’s a really gifted young man. He’s really good. Got to check which assistant (coach) was recruiting him, why he didn’t tell me about him.”

Side note... Colson, not Wells.