Ben Lammers

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Maybe it's the way we use him at the top of the arc, but sometimes he reminds me of Pau Gasol. Lammers doesn't have the flare, or the killer instincts around the basket yet, but every once and again there's something Lammers does that makes me go "Hmm...Pau does that too". Could be the fall away jumper, could be the way he passes in tight spaces, could be his movement off his passes....Lammers to me has a more Euro center feel than the traditional low post American center.

I thought this at times, too. Very smooth offensively not as athletic as Pau, but a much better defender than Pau

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Lammers is a REALLY good defensive center...Saiz is not in the same zip code as Big Game in that department. One thing I did like from Saiz is that shoulder dip and hook move he has. That was money. Ben needs to develop a hook shot like that, and learn to wrong foot defenders so he can throw it down their noggin. Baiz has a more polished low post offensive game than Lammers. Lammers has a better shot.

That was a fun matchup. Will be interesting to see how Lammers develops his game this offseason. He's a few good post moves away from being a dominant force on both ends of the court.

Gee man, I dunno. Broadcast convinced me Saiz is up there with the Kareems and Bill Waltons of the world. Wilt who?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Asked about being called "Josh" by the superb announcing crew last night ...

“How’s that happen?” asked Lammers, who then attempted to tease out the conundrum. “I don’t know, because there’s not, like, a white Josh.”

I mean, how can you not love ol' BenWilliam after a quote like that? :ROFLMAO:

Well, then again, he's no Sebas Saiz so ....

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
National broadcasters are so damn lazy. They have been terrible over the years spouting the same nonsense game after game about CPJ's offense in football. And in hoops this year they keep saying things like the opposing team would take Lammers attempting 17 footers "all day long." They say that just because he happened to miss one. And I am like, "ok, deal. I love when Tech wins."

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
National broadcasters are so damn lazy. They have been terrible over the years spouting the same nonsense game after game about CPJ's offense in football. And in hoops this year they keep saying things like the opposing team would take Lammers attempting 17 footers "all day long." They say that just because he happened to miss one. And I am like, "ok, deal. I love when Tech wins."

I heard that too and thought, "ok hopefully he takes em all day long"

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I do not think Lammers is a good one on one post player. Saiz is great on the low post. Lammers is good in a different way. He moves without the ball, has great vision, can catch short passes that may be hard to see until they are almost into your body, and finishes plays. He seldom misses layups or dunks. I do not think you can defend him like you would defend Saiz because the offense gets him him the ball when and because his defender is busy doing something else on the floor (rotating away or switching or fighting through a pick or just losing sight of where Lammers has gone). So, one tactic is to play off Lammers on the elbow and force him to initiate his own offense. That is a reasonable plan. He combats that with the jump shot that has become a lethal answer to that plan. But, he is not as accurate late as he is early. Jump shots require legs and he needs to be fresh for that shot to be effective.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I do not think Lammers is a good one on one post player. Saiz is great on the low post. Lammers is good in a different way. He moves without the ball, has great vision, can catch short passes that may be hard to see until they are almost into your body, and finishes plays. He seldom misses layups or dunks. I do not think you can defend him like you would defend Saiz because the offense gets him him the ball when and because his defender is busy doing something else on the floor (rotating away or switching or fighting through a pick or just losing sight of where Lammers has gone). So, one tactic is to play off Lammers on the elbow and force him to initiate his own offense. That is a reasonable plan. He combats that with the jump shot that has become a lethal answer to that plan. But, he is not as accurate late as he is early. Jump shots require legs and he needs to be fresh for that shot to be effective.

But he is very clutch

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

I agree with all you said except the bolded. I wouldn't say he's "great". Probably more a product of a day/age when there aren't any real post guys so defending a halfway decent post is rare. "Great" implies that he could be dropped in prior eras and still get buckets. That I disagree with.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I heard that too and thought, "ok hopefully he takes em all day long"
It has been said by the color commentator in the last two games. The best is the guy said it on Tuesday when Lammers, as I recall, missed his first jumper and then he proceeded to nail the next 3 or 4 in a row. When that happened the dude switched to praising Lammers as if he had never made the criticism. It's so lazy. Watch some film, ESPN has to have interns who can put some film and stats together for them on players.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It has been said by the color commentator in the last two games. The best is the guy said it on Tuesday when Lammers, as I recall, missed his first jumper and then he proceeded to nail the next 3 or 4 in a row. When that happened the dude switched to praising Lammers as if he had never made the criticism. It's so lazy. Watch some film, ESPN has to have interns who can put some film and stats together for them on players.

Heh, I doubt it. With all their budget cuts, these dudes probably gotta do their own legwork nowadays hence the poor coverage gets poorer. I mean, they got Adam Schefter moonlighting as sideline reporter at NBA games. I guess he preferred that to a paycut or downsizing.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Heh, I doubt it. With all their budget cuts, these dudes probably gotta do their own legwork nowadays hence the poor coverage gets poorer. I mean, they got Adam Schefter moonlighting as sideline reporter at NBA games. I guess he preferred that to a paycut or downsizing.
"Breaking news: Paul Millsap will ask for a lot of money" - Adam Schefter

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
“How’s that happen?” asked Lammers, who then attempted to tease out the conundrum. “I don’t know, because there’s not, like, a white Josh.”

Obviously, he's never watched Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Asked about being called "Josh" by the superb announcing crew last night ...

I mean, how can you not love ol' BenWilliam after a quote like that? :ROFLMAO:

Well, then again, he's no Sebas Saiz so ....
Where did you find that quote and is there video?? That is hilarious

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
From Twitter: 1 word: AWESOME
IMG_20170328_113557.jpg