Attendance

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
I wasn't there today. Sold my tickets to some GT friends. How bad was the red in the club seats?
l
gold seats were ok - can’t expect the most delusional fanbase in America to mortgage trailer park for this many games. Thank you for selling to other GT fans! U made this game slightly more tolerable.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
l
gold seats were ok - can’t expect the most delusional fanbase in America to mortgage trailer park for this many games. Thank you for selling to other GT fans! U made this game slightly more tolerable.

I was more worried about the club level patrons selling their seats.

I had a half marathon today so I sold my tickets to some people in my tailgate group. I hate that we never have home field advantage against uga...

I was more worried about the club level patrons selling their seats.

I had a half marathon today so I sold my tickets to some people in my tailgate group. I hate that we never have home field advantage against uga...
I'm not sure who ended up with those tickets, because the people you sold the tickets to weren't even there today. I HOPE they gave or resold them (as well as theirs) to Tech fans, but I have no idea.

techfan#14

Jolly Good Fellow
I know winning will produce better attendance, but I was in section 223 and felt like I was at an away game. It really is disgraceful. This was my first Tech Vs. Dwags game I have attended in person. I was expecting 50/50 because that is how it has looked in recent years on TV. But it felt 65/35. Having to hear the UGA chants made me want to vomit. I cannot believe that this **** happens. I would love to know how we fix this whether we have have 3,6, or 10 wins, we need our butts in our seats.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
I know winning will produce better attendance, but I was in section 223 and felt like I was at an away game. It really is disgraceful. This was my first Tech Vs. Dwags game I have attended in person. I was expecting 50/50 because that is how it has looked in recent years on TV. But it felt 65/35. Having to hear the UGA chants made me want to vomit. I cannot believe that this **** happens. I would love to know how we fix this whether we have have 3,6, or 10 wins, we need our butts in our seats.

Probably going to get worse before it gets better. Super tough schedule next year. Coach In training and a young team. I would not expect things to get ether until 2021.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Was in 223 with 2 others. I'm not sure that there were Tech fans above us and we were rows 9 and 10

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Very much agree with this post. If you live within a 4 hour drive if Atlanta and you don’t attend the home games then DO NOT COMPLAIN. Your absense very much affects the atmosphere and it translates to the play on the field. Pretty easy fix.
Lol. I love these posts about how people should travel four hours to games.

Look man, I’m in the camp that would. But let’s be realistic here...lots of people have a lot going on in their lives. I got a promotion this year that consumed a ton of my time and had a newborn in August...yet was still able to attend every game. That said, there were times mid season where I was questioning why I drive an hour to watch a team that can’t get a first down let alone beat a good opponent.

Four hour drive? So for a noon game those people have to get up at 6, get ready, make the drive, skip tailgating due to the time, watch us get slaughtered, and then drive four hours back in order to go to sleep? Sounds like a fun Saturday...

Smart people that work hard with high demands on their tend to maximize what leisure time they actually get, so I don’t blame them for skipping games this year.

Add to that the AA’s inability to execute even one of the programs tied to season tickets and AT donations that they promise every year (concession discounts, special donor events, etc.) and you just get frustrated fans that would rather not consume an entire Saturday.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
The stadium was embarrassing. I doubt that ever happens again under Collins, you can bet that it bothered the staff. Being the marketer that he is I'd bet he combats that going forward. That was straight up bull**** from our fanbase, we're worse than our football team. Pathetic fans.
The fan base didn’t sell out the remaining tickets the week of the game. The AA did...

gt02

Ramblin' Wreck
The fan base didn’t sell out the remaining tickets the week of the game. The AA did...
My suggestion: sell them at some astronomical price, e.g., $450 for an upper north nosebleed. Also, any reselling of the last game tickets should go through AA and not third party sites likes stubhub, and AA should charge a high (e.g., $200) reselling fee. If we are going to have those idiots take over our stadium, might as well make money off it. Rather have it empty then with much red.