1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Attendance

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by gtstinger776, Nov 22, 2019.

1. yrp

yrp Helluva Engineer

I'm pretty sure swarm has always been north endzone next to the band. What you're describing is the same as it is now. I think the previous poster was mistaken

ibeattetris likes this.
  2. Buzzrock

Buzzrock Jolly Good Fellow

College football attendance is at a 22 year low and we are 3-8. This is not rocket surgery.

3. ibeattetris

ibeattetris Helluva Engineer

We’d probably have a better chance at understanding if it was rocket science though :whistle:

g0lftime and bobongo like this.
  4. HurricaneJacket

HurricaneJacket Helluva Engineer

That's a sad state of affairs. I graduated in May 2014, and up til then we had a strong south endzone student section.

We used to track the number of stops in each end over the course of the season, and would get pissed when the team chose the North Endzone in an overtime game, because we were louder than the north. (As a student, playing away from the opposing corner didn't enter our thought process).

Also we had a ton of fun politely and not so politely interacting/heckling the opposing fans in the corner.

Oh well, times change I guess.

5. ibeattetris

ibeattetris Helluva Engineer

We probably were close to each other in some games ‘10 and ‘11. I always joined swarm for the T-shirt and guaranteed tickets (yeah it used to sell out!) but always sat south because I liked the atmosphere better.

HurricaneJacket likes this.
  6. FLTech

FLTech Jolly Good Fellow

No, we just need to put a good product on the field and fans will show up

Tjacket, Gold1 and THWG16 like this.
  7. BainbridgeJacket

BainbridgeJacket Helluva Engineer

I don't remember that section being full since 2009. I guess it feels full when you're sandwiched against the fence with 50 of your closest friends.

8. Augusta_Jacket

Augusta_Jacket Helluva Engineer

It's been full at times since then. The last time I remember it as full was the FSU game in 2015...

upload_2019-11-26_8-55-54.png

9. GTonFowlerSt

GTonFowlerSt Ramblin' Wreck

As an update, I just received the weekly email from GT football saying its time to "Claim Your Free Ticket to GT vs UGA". In the email, it says all students who claim this ticket will sit in the south endzone.

What this is telling me is that once again, no students will be located in the south endzone for the UGA game. The GTAA needs to start selling these tickets to regular fans, or completely redesign the whole area. Clear out the stands and make it a raised field where families and students can gather to watch the game (see UVA, Duke, and Clemson fields). It may not always be full, but at least it wouldn't be an eyesore every game.

gtg970g, majorQ9 and chris975d like this.
  10. GTFLETCH

GTFLETCH Helluva Engineer

TRUTH

GTonFowlerSt likes this.
  11. CuseJacket

CuseJacket Administrator Staff Member

12. RickStromFan

RickStromFan Helluva Engineer

Poor football teams + Unaffordable ticket pricing + very-affordable quality 60" TVs = declining attendance.

13. slugboy

slugboy Moderator Staff Member

I’d say the inexpensive quality TV sets are one of the biggest factors in attendance decline. When HDTVs got cheaper, you saw the effect on attendance then. You have great sound and a great view of the game, and your own beer

Well, some people have their own beer at the game, if they’re sneaky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RickStromFan and Milwaukee like this.
  14. g0lftime

g0lftime Helluva Engineer

A lot of students go home for thanksgiving holidays. I did since I was from.out of state.

15. stech81

stech81 Helluva Engineer

We played fine the first half not great but fine. 2 nd half we sucked eggs.
    But what was more disappointing was our fans. 35 percent of the Stadium was Tech and this is a home game. If you really think a 5 star or even a 4 star that was at that game would play here you are kidding yourself.
    And to the season ticket holder who sits next to me and sold your tickets to 4 uga fans may you rot in hel*. And I promise you I will spill all my drink on you next year.
    One thing about uga they kept the wrong QB Fromm will not win a national championship.

16. gtstinger776

gtstinger776 Helluva Engineer

Sick of GT fans selling tickets. Either show up or eat the cost - don’t give them up to uga fans. Today was f*cking disgraceful. Anybody who sold tickets should be ashamed.

17. g0lftime

g0lftime Helluva Engineer

I never sell my tickets unless to another Tech fan. I just hope the necks had to pay full price.

gtstinger776 likes this.
  18. tmhunter52

tmhunter52 Helluva Engineer

It’s a 5 hour drive home after a game. I would make the trip more often, if we put a quality team on the field and I didn’t have to wonder why I wasted my time, money and attention.

19. Augusta_Jacket

Augusta_Jacket Helluva Engineer

Were you at the game?

20. gtstinger776

gtstinger776 Helluva Engineer

Yes