Attendance

Come on man. This season ended without a bowl trip just like 2 of the previous 4. It’s not like he inherited a juggernaut.

I'm not even expecting a bowl game next season, but I do think that CGC needs at least 5 wins in 2020 for his job to be secure. That's 1 of the 2 following scenarios.

Gardner-Webb, upset either ucf or Notre Dame at home (ND not really at home), & 3-5 in conference

OR

Gardner Webb and 4-4 in conference

IMHO, CGC will not survive to coach in 2021, unless at least 5 wins are achieved.

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm not even expecting a bowl game next season, but I do think that CGC needs at least 5 wins in 2020 for his job to be secure. That's 1 of the 2 following scenarios.

Gardner-Webb, upset either ucf or Notre Dame at home (ND not really at home), & 3-5 in conference

OR

IMHO, CGC will not survive to coach in 2021, unless at least 5 wins are achieved.
Take a look at that contract. Collins isn’t going anywhere for a while

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck

OR

What if he goes 4-4 in conference AND beats UCF

...but loses to Gardner Webb?

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer

OR

Honestly, I don’t think there is anyway Collins gets fired after next year unless he goes winless.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Pictures are forever and can help confirm/refute some of the hypotheses. My conclusion, having been to the games and based on visual evidence, is that yesterday was not much different than recent years, imo. Gold has been declining and red has been rising.

10051562-e1536952564421.jpeg

UGAA_1511639875720_11805149_ver1.0.png

10051503.jpeg

9048872.jpeg

9048957.jpeg

9048958.jpeg

9049183.jpeg

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
The stadium was embarrassing. I doubt that ever happens again under Collins, you can bet that it bothered the staff. Being the marketer that he is I'd bet he combats that going forward. That was straight up bull**** from our fanbase, we're worse than our football team. Pathetic fans.

You've got more faith in the fans than I do.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Pictures are forever and can help confirm/refute some of the hypotheses. My conclusion, having been to the games and based on visual evidence, is that yesterday was not much different than recent years, imo. Gold has been declining and red has been rising.

10051562-e1536952564421.jpeg

UGAA_1511639875720_11805149_ver1.0.png

10051503.jpeg

9048872.jpeg

9048957.jpeg

9048958.jpeg

9049183.jpeg
Red in BDS has been a problem for many years, but yesterday is the worst I’ve ever seen it. Tech fans still dominate it in the 2015 picture, at least 65/35, hardly any red in the west stands, and there aren’t huge blobs of it where there is some. 2017 got close to 50/50. Yesterday was at least 60/40 UGA to Tech fans. Georgia has a program on the rise, and has reached a peak very few programs see, Tech has been on the decline, but hopefully that will turn around. Not taking advantage of the great years Tech did have under CPJ will haunt the program from now on. There’s no reason for anybody who didn’t attend GT to be a GT fan. As long as the current trend holds, Georgia will continue to build a larger fan base, and GT will either remain the same, or continue to shrink.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Wrong. Next year is another rebuilding year but we will be improved just thru health alone. He can only process so many each off season and replace them. We’ll win more games next year simply by getting guys healthy but we’ll still have a freshman QB (either Yates or Gleason) and the DLine will take more than 1 recruiting cycle to fix although adding Wiggles and Clayton will be huge. And if we get Jones that would be outstanding. But we’ll finally have a stable of WR’s and RB’s who can perform. Thomas, Knight, and Jackson are a solid trio at LB and our DB’s will be a strength. In 2021 we’ll take the Coastal unless VT takes a jump in recruiting but I’m hoping Foster leaving hurts them.

Why would he be processing players he keeps telling us are elite?

83jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Surely you jest. No matter what Collins says which is coach speak because he will not throw the current players under the bus our roster is a mess. We are dramatically undersized on both lines of scrimmage. The triple option papered over some of the issues with the roster because you get by we smaller offensive lineman and it shortened the number of possessions the defense had to be on the field. I liked Johnson, but he did not like to recruit and did not hire a staff outside of Andy Mac who could recruit. We are paying the price now for not prioritizing recruiting in the past. The only way to improve the roster quickly is by encouraging some current players to transfer or give up football.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck

Unfortunately, GT fans just don't have it in them to PROTECT THE INSTITUTE. It's sad.

Think about it this way. I think it is safe to say there were probably fewer GT fans at COFH than any other game this year. If we had 35% then that is 19,000 fans and by my eyes it looked more like 20%-25% (11,000-14,000). The exact opposite of what you would expect or hope for in your rivalry game. That has nothing to do with traffic or parking or kick-off time, etc. You can't even pin it on disappointment or disgust with the coaching or results on the field this season, since those factors have been present pretty much all season. It probably has something to do with human nature, and especially typical GT fan nature, to avoid conflict and intimidating situations. It's like the opposite of pack mentality. People just don't want to knowingly subject themselves to being mocked, intimidated and made to feel embarrassed, which is kinda what happens when a large, vocal contingent of an opposing fan base invades your stadium and they and their team practically run you and your team out of the place.

p.s. I'm not a psychiatrist and I didn't even stay in Holiday Inn last night.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
The problem is that Tech has been weak to bad (with few exceptions) for sooooo long, that even good fans just get tired of trekking to ATL to be disappointed. If the game day experience was better, maybe it would make losing less painful.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
If they quit going to the hat rack uniforms and go back to looking like Tech has looked through my life, I'll be a supporter again. It is very painful to watch our team wearing Ga States colors.
I have not gone to the last two home games, the first I have missed since 1967(except for one due to illness a few years ago). It is painful to my core to not have the GT that I loved through the years.
As is, I may not even buy tickets any more.
What a sad post and way of thinking.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
It's not going to get better sad but true.
Unfortunately, GT fans just don't have it in them to PROTECT THE INSTITUTE. It's sad.

Think about it this way. I think it is safe to say there were probably fewer GT fans at COFH than any other game this year. If we had 35% then that is 19,000 fans and by my eyes it looked more like 20%-25% (11,000-14,000). The exact opposite of what you would expect or hope for in your rivalry game. That has nothing to do with traffic or parking or kick-off time, etc. You can't even pin it on disappointment or disgust with the coaching or results on the field this season, since those factors have been present pretty much all season. It probably has something to do with human nature, and especially typical GT fan nature, to avoid conflict and intimidating situations. It's like the opposite of pack mentality. People just don't want to knowingly subject themselves to being mocked, intimidated and made to feel embarrassed, which is kinda what happens when a large, vocal contingent of an opposing fan base invades your stadium and they and their team practically run you and your team out of the place.

p.s. I'm not a psychiatrist and I didn't even stay in Holiday Inn last night.
Point blank our fans suck not team. You want CGC to be successful at Tech than you show up you don't sale your tickets because you are a sissy ( I have a better word to use) and are scared to be around a bunch of low class uga fans. ( be some were nice but not the 4 a**holes next to me). Quit be scared little sissies and show up to support your team . You want a better team I'm sure they want better fans.