Atlanta Braves News

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Let’s not have a tie with the BrewCrew, since they own the tiebreaker. Would rather Scherzer or Strasberg face them in DC. Milwaukee has been hot this month, therefore this isn’t a good time to face them in a do or die game.

It pains me hearing about Riley striking out so much. Down in the .220’s. He’s got our Culberson spot. Looks like Duvall might be added if we carry 5 OF(especially if Inciarte and his hammy is one of them). Swanson got a hit last night. He needs to get his bat going this week, before it counts for the marbles. Freddie played in 155 games, many of the recent games with a bone spur(s). Starting pitching has been lax since we clinched. Tehran giving up 6 in less than 3 innings, a little troubling yesterday. Donaldson needs to pick up the slack and get hot. Much of his 89 rbi’s have come off the 37 HR’s w/ only a .255 avg. We are getting ready to face better pitching, which entails creating some runs. I get concerned when the team is complacent. Part of clinching early?

Acuna says the hip tightness, was intolerable last night. He is day to day. Doesn’t look like he will be stealing bases this weekend in going after the 40/40 record.
So,Buzzbomb,do you think both Josh Donaldson and Dallas Keuchel will be resigned in the offseason? I would love the Braves to resign both but i think there's a better chance that the Braves will resign Dallas Keuchel for the 2020 season.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Nats magic number to clinch a WC was 3 when they woke up this morning. They just clinched a WC. Pretty good day.

Yaaay. Congrats, FredJ. I can not contain my excitement for you ...

ogts.gif

grreat.gif

(Kidding. Oh c'mon, you laughed)

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Doesn't take much to get a chuckle out of me, @kg01. Yes... I laughed. You guys are fun. And I assume will remain that way until the crushing disappointment in store for all but one MLB fanbase... odds are you'll be emotionally crushed before Halloween... but there's always that chance the other thing may happen. Which is nice. :)

@Buzzbomb You can keep hoping your Braves will "show something" these remaining 5 games. I wouldn't count on it, though. They literally have nothing to play for Ws & Ls wise. Their playoff situation is locked in. As powerless fans, you hate to see a decline right before the postseason, but it is nearly impossible to avoid in the Braves' situation. Guys are banged up a little. The mental part of game is a grind for those everyday guys. They are not going to be sharp through Sunday. You REALLY hope they can/will turn it right back on next week when the Cards (or Brewers) roll into Atlanta. The teams that do flip the switch get a leg up in that short 5 game NLDS deal. Good luck.

As for me... I'm building my pillow fort... ready to spend most of Tues night in some version of the fetal position watching helplessly as the Nationals face elimination in the one & done wildcard game. Baseball is a mother...

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Worrisome ... Freeman's elbow, now Acuna's hip.
Julio has done a good job for us this season, came through at some much needed times, but ... he is too inconsistent and when he's off he is really off.
He won't make the starting rotation for the post season and really not sure I want him in a relief role with the game on the line ... should he even make the post season roster ??

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
YJF2018, I’m with you and want both. Like you said, Keuchel might be the priority. Riley might have more upside than Camargo at 3B. If Johan doesn’t play Winter Ball and show more discipline, dedication to the game-he might get traded with Atlanta selling low.

Fred J., You are right about teams having to flip the switch. I’m afraid you are correct with “the resting of players.” I have no problem with Freeman and Acuna during injuries. The others all need to tune up. A day here or there is fine to rest(this isn’t ditch digging labor)or recoup and regroup. Pitching: Give us 50-75 tosses or 5 decent innings if that works out. Wins are not primary, but effort is. Starters need to start!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Worrisome ... Freeman's elbow, now Acuna's hip.
Julio has done a good job for us this season, came through at some much needed times, but ... he is too inconsistent and when he's off he is really off.
He won't make the starting rotation for the post season and really not sure I want him in a relief role with the game on the line ... should he even make the post season roster ??
I’m afraid he’s(Tehran)definitely on the roster. He might even get a start in the NLCS, should we get there. Got a feeling he’s long relief/long man in the NLDS.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I’m afraid he’s(Tehran)definitely on the roster. He might even get a start in the NLCS, should we get there. Got a feeling he’s long relief/long man in the NLDS.

I guess we owe him a roster spot, if that makes sense, I truly doubt Snitker will give him a start based on what I read from him this morning in the AJC.
And, if Julio does come into a game in a relief role ... it might be time to double my blood pressure medicine (sic) !!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Glad to see Swanson get 4 hits from the leadoff spot. Riley got a hit during his first AB. Scored 10 runs. Pitching from the Pen guys, not too bad. 97th win, need to sweep the Mets for 100 victories. Probably won’t happen.

Washington keeps pace with Milwaukee, still a game lead for the #1 home field WC.

Someone in the AL is going to wind up with 93+ wins and not get a WC at all.

I’m ready for the playoffs next week, how about you?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
You are right, Sir. The bullpen was more than adequate. 9 innings, 2 runs; I’m just not a Royal believer. They are 58-101 and we wind up 1-3 against them. Short 4 game subjective data point.

I think you are on the correct track with Atlanta/Snitker resting the walking wounded. At least I hope so, too! As you stated, “no more injuries.” I’m hoping Ender is healthy starting tomorrow.

Go Nats! Beat the Brew and then LA!! See you in the NLCS, Fred!!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Braves announced Wednesday that they’ve shut banged up outfielder Ronald Acuna Jr.down for the rest of the regular season. Hip tightness and a left groin strain have troubled Acuna of late.

Mike, have you lost your password again? I get worried when a day or two goes by, without you Brother! It’s like not hearing about @Milwaukee and where his Sister is?

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
The Braves announced Wednesday that they’ve shut banged up outfielder Ronald Acuna Jr.down for the rest of the regular season. Hip tightness and a left groin strain have troubled Acuna of late.

Mike, have you lost your password again? I get worried when a day or two goes by, without you Brother! It’s like not hearing about @Milwaukee and where his Sister is?
I'm just down in the dumps about how the team is playing right now and i'm pessimistic about the NLDS;) If the Braves choke in the NLDS i wouldn't be against the Braves firing Manager Brian Snitker:grumpy:

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I'm just down in the dumps about how the team is playing right now and i'm pessimistic about the NLDS;) If the Braves choke in the NLDS i wouldn't be against the Braves firing Manager Brian Snitker:grumpy:

Don't even joke about that Mike, good Lord with the NCAA practically giving our basketball program the death penalty and our football program struggling ... the Bravos are all I got !!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’m hitting “like” only because I like these opinions on the topic, you Gents. have.
I don’t like MBB Probation(figures we get Parham eligible, a 2020 commit for a 6’9” player-and then boom...). We can’t have nice things. Now, my good Brother YJF2018 is pessimistic about our Bravos.

I don’t even want coffee before my Security work tonight at a concert. Hopefully, the Sun will stay out and shine after the rain tonight for tomorrow?

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I’m hitting “like” only because I like these opinions on the topic, you Gents. have.
I don’t like MBB Probation(figures we get Parham eligible, a 2020 commit for a 6’9” player-and then boom...). We can’t have nice things. Now, my good Brother YJF2018 is pessimistic about our Bravos.

I don’t even want coffee before my Security work tonight at a concert. Hopefully, the Sun will stay out and shine after the rain tonight for tomorrow?
I hope the Braves win out in New York and GT wins in Philly on Saturday:cool:

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
You are right, Sir. The bullpen was more than adequate. 9 innings, 2 runs; I’m just not a Royal believer. They are 58-101 and we wind up 1-3 against them. Short 4 game subjective data point.

I think you are on the correct track with Atlanta/Snitker resting the walking wounded. At least I hope so, too! As you stated, “no more injuries.” I’m hoping Ender is healthy starting tomorrow.

Go Nats! Beat the Brew and then LA!! See you in the NLCS, Fred!!
Nationals just have to match Brewers wins over these last 4 games to be home for WC game. Assuming StL manages to win division. I hope that happens.

I like Nats chances in 1 game v Milwaukee. When was last time the Brewers played a decent team...? Their roll over last few weeks has be against some of the worst teams in MLB.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Here's the pro
Nationals just have to match Brewers wins over these last 4 games to be home for WC game. Assuming StL manages to win division. I hope that happens.

I like Nats chances in 1 game v Milwaukee. When was last time the Brewers played a decent team...? Their roll over last few weeks has be against some of the worst teams in MLB.
Congrats on the Nationals making the NL Playoffs(y):beercheers: