Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Glad to hear, Nats. won yesterday. Brews and Cards, both lost.
Get ‘em today and tomorrow, Big Fred! You are the man!!

Braves will have player workouts on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I’m planning on “pulling” the Natties in on Tuesday! Guessing a night game since ALWC is on Wed.?
Cleveland is 93-67 and will miss the playoffs.
Now that Nationals have secured home WC game... how about we all all pull for a 91-win tie in NL CENTRAL?. Force both Milwaukee & St Louis to play Mon... while Nats await (& rest for) in DC, the loser (prefer Milwaukee) to play next day (Tues).

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
The Braves have lost their mojo and i'm not sure that they can get it back for the NLDS. Pretty much the same story for the Braves since 2000!
No reason to not be positive. These games could not be more meaningless to everyone playing them. Gotta hope (& assume) they'll be ready Thursday. They've been there before... that's huge. Keuchel will give you 2 quality starts. Just score some... you'll win 3 before the other guy does.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
No reason to not be positive. These games could not be more meaningless to everyone playing them. Gotta hope (& assume) they'll be ready Thursday. They've been there before... that's huge. Keuchel will give you 2 quality starts. Just score some... you'll win 3 before the other guy does.
Yeah,the Braves have won over 10 games more than i thought they would;)(y)

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Now that Nationals have secured home WC game... how about we all all pull for a 91-win tie in NL CENTRAL?. Force both Milwaukee & St Louis to play Mon... while Nats await (& rest for) in DC, the loser (prefer Milwaukee) to play next day (Tues).
I thought I was just tired thinking the same way coming home early this morning from work. Let them play Monday and burn out some pitching. It really bodes well when they can’t line up their starters like both of our teams can do. Scherzer is going Tuesday at home, and I called that two or three months ago under the guise of potentially obvious.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Yeah,the Braves have won over 10 games more than i thought they would;)(y)
Precisely. My ultimate goal was 91 coming in. 97 or 98 today, is totally unexpected for me. I had us as a third place club at 82-80, possibly fourth with the changes 3 of the other 4 Eastern teams made. 15 or 16 wins above my expectations. Couldn’t be happier.

I’m hearing Acuna is not running, twisting, turning at a fast pace. Snitker said in BP he was hitting the ball with authority. That’s all they want from him. Freddie is looking better, getting back in the lineup. Dansby had an 0-5 last night, however has been looking way more comfortable lately at the plate. Keuchel trying things out. Snitker talked about how his last inning was smooth. He believes Dallas will be fine.

Last edited:

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Precisely. My ultimate goal was 91 coming in. 97 or 98 today, is totally unexpected for me. I had us as a third place club at 82-80, possibly fourth with the changes 3 of the other 4 Eastern teams made. 15 or 16 wins above my expectations. Couldn’t be happier.

I’m hearing Acuna is not running, twisting, turning at a fast pace. Snitker said in BP he was hitting the ball with authority. That’s all they want from him. Freddie is looking better, getting back in the lineup. Dansby had an 0-5 last night, however has been looking way more comfortable lately at the plate. Keuchel trying things out. Snitker talked about how his last inning was smooth. He believes Dallas will be fine.
*************************Dansby did have 4 hits Friday night!

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

I don't see the Braves making it to the NLCS without Ronald Acuna Jr.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
*************************Dansby did have 4 hits Friday night!
Yes sir, I mentioned that in previous posts. He’s had multiple hit games this past week.

I believe he will put Acuna in CF, unless he starts Billy Hamilton. My opinion, huge mistake would be had. We need his stick over his defense and speed. I’d put Kakes in RF, Billy Ham. in CF batting 8th, Ronald in LF, Joyce off the bench(we are depleted in that area).

Jeff Francoeur will work TBS games, for N.L.

Last edited:

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Yes sir, I mentioned that in previous posts. He’s had multiple hit games this past week.

I believe he will put Acuna in CF, unless he starts Billy Hamilton. My opinion, huge mistake would be had. We need his stick over his defense and speed. I’d put Kakes in RF, Billy Ham. in CF batting 8th, Ronald in LF, Joyce off the bench(we are depleted in that area).

Jeff Francoeur will work TBS games, for N.L.
*******I would have Kakes in right, Acuno in ctr, and Joyce in lft.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
*******I would have Kakes in right, Acuno in ctr, and Joyce in lft.
Joyce isn’t comfortable in LF. They already decided to give him the easier spot in RF(Nick didn’t mind taking LF). You won’t have any pop off the bench playing Joyce and he’s usually not hitting a LHSP-unless you think Duvall, Riley, Cervelli are who you want hitting in the 9th inning with the game on the line?

I don’t think Hamilton can be as dynamic as Inciarte(when his bat is on)or as good defensively, but what choice do you have to protect Acuna from extra exertion? Joyce vs. righties, o.k. I’m in. Duvall or Riley in LF vs. Righties? Acuna relapses, who plays CF? Duvall, Kakes? Back to Hamilton probably.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Joyce isn’t comfortable in LF. They already decided to give him the easier spot in RF(Nick didn’t mind taking LF). You won’t have any pop off the bench playing Joyce and he’s usually not hitting a LHSP-unless you think Duvall, Riley, Cervelli are who you want hitting in the 9th inning with the game on the line?

I don’t think Hamilton can be as dynamic as Inciarte(when his bat is on)or as good defensively, but what choice do you have to protect Acuna from extra exertion? Joyce vs. righties, o.k. I’m in. Duvall or Riley in LF vs. Righties? Acuna relapses, who plays CF? Duvall, Kakes? Back to Hamilton probably.
*Perfect reply!!

GT_EE78

Banned
i'm inclined to prefer the Joyce/Riley L/R platoon with Markakis moving LF/RF as needed.
hamilton can pinch run and/or defensive replacement.
Has anyone posted regarding how many pitchers we'll be carrying?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I meant to say Duvall or Riley vs. Lefties.

I totally understand both of you wanting the extra bat in the starting lineup, by putting Acuna in CF. I prefer it. That is probably what the Manager wants too!
Dislike being the voice of doom, but I’ve heard Acuna could be one sprint away from messing his groin up for an extended period beyond the NLDS and NLCS. His hip tightness is still lingering. What will we do without even having him on a corner of the OF? Will Snitker gamble, to get more offense in there? Acuna could get messed up as a PH. We will never know, what would have happened should he go out after Thursday or Friday night or beyond.

Think they carry 11 pitchers. With the regulars being banged up, I believe 13 pitchers are out(because they keep Cervelli, A.H., Ham., Joyce, either Duvall and/or Riley). Should it be only be one of Austin or Adam, then 12 pitchers. Remember that Riley can play LF, 3B and 1B. Duvall could play CF in a pinch. Don’t think they keep Ortega.

My question is Julio Tehran? I’m hearing no to the NLDS. Difficult to understand unless he’s not getting a start in a 5 game series, nor trusted in long relief. Tomlin has to stay.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I have not followed all the details in you guys' discussion on roster for playoffs... but you should only have/need 3 starters the rest of the way. If Teheran isn't one of those... can he be effective & contribute out of pen over other options? If not... he won't make the roster, right?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
From the useless... yet interesting... department...
If you remove head to head games between Braves & Nationals...with only today's games remaining, the Nationals would only be 2 games behind Braves. Braves going 11-8 v Nationals turned out to pretty much the difference.

I wrote off Nationals as having no real shot in NLDS (if they survive the WC 'crapshoot'). But they are quietly managing to win in all phases over last 2 weeks. Some of their relatively quiet bats suddenly showing life. We will see if.....but it would be fun to have one last severely meaningful series against the Braves for a shot at the World Series.

GT_EE78

Banned
I meant to say Duvall or Riley vs. Lefties.

I totally understand both of you wanting the extra bat in the starting lineup, by putting Acuna in CF. I prefer it. That is probably what the Manager wants too!
Dislike being the voice of doom, but I’ve heard Acuna could be one sprint away from messing his groin up for an extended period beyond the NLDS and NLCS. His hip tightness is still lingering. What will we do without even having him on a corner of the OF? Will Snitker gamble, to get more offense in there? Acuna could get messed up as a PH. We will never know, what would have happened should he go out after Thursday or Friday night or beyond.

Think they carry 11 pitchers. With the regulars being banged up, I believe 13 pitchers are out(because they keep Cervelli, A.H., Ham., Joyce, either Duvall and/or Riley). Should it be only be one of Austin or Adam, then 12 pitchers. Remember that Riley can play LF, 3B and 1B. Duvall could play CF in a pinch. Don’t think they keep Ortega.

My question is Julio Tehran? I’m hearing no to the NLDS. Difficult to understand unless he’s not getting a start in a 5 game series, nor trusted in long relief. Tomlin has to stay.
Ham is Flowers?
If Joyce and McCann start ,there's no lefty PH.
I'd be inclined to want duvall,Riley and Ortega - and go with 10 pitchers but i know thay like having a lot of arms.