Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Funny, the Braves paid Subway for yesterday’s Slider 4-packs plus delivery to their fans. Guess it didn’t extend out to Gwinnett County? Oh well, not many things are truly free. Especially in comparison to what we pay for ticket prices, in getting something back:

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Funny, the Braves paid Subway for yesterday’s Slider 4-packs plus delivery to their fans. Guess it didn’t extend out to Gwinnett County? Oh well, not many things are truly free. Especially in comparison to what we pay for ticket prices, in getting something back:

Subway should have had Your Friendly Neighborhood Sliderman advertising this deal;)

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
TBS will cover NLDS, starting Oct. 3 with two games(no blackouts, out of market exclusives; that I can find).

We all know how much the Nationals had been touting their record ‘since May 24’… at least until about a week ago… well, St. Louis has quietly been running the best NL record since the All-Star break (44-23).
Atlanta? The second best record (41-23).

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
CONFIRMED LINEUP KC Royals
Danny Duffy, LHSP
  • 1 - Whit Merrifield (R) 2B/OF
  • 2 - Jorge Soler (R) OF
  • 3 - Hunter Dozier (R) 3B
  • 4 - Alex Gordon (L) OF
  • 5 - Ryan McBroom (R) 1B/OF
  • 6 - Ryan O'Hearn (L) 1B
  • 7 - Bubba Starling (R) OF
  • 8 - Meibrys Viloria (L) C
  • 9 - Nicky Lopez (L) 2B/SS
Roof Closed in Kansas City

Projected Lineup Atl. Braves
Julio Tehran, RHSP

1 - Ronald Acuna, Jr. (R) OF
  • 2 - Ozzie Albies (S) 2B
  • 3 - Josh Donaldson (R) 3B
  • 4 - Adam Duvall (R) OF
  • 5 - Nick Markakis (L) OF
  • 6 - Austin Riley (R) OF
  • 7 - Tyler Flowers (R) C
  • 8 - Dansby Swanson (R) SS
  • 9 - Billy Hamilton (S) OF

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
TBS will cover NLDS, starting Oct. 3 with two games(no blackouts, out of market exclusives; that I can find).

We all know how much the Nationals had been touting their record ‘since May 24’… at least until about a week ago… well, St. Louis has quietly been running the best NL record since the All-Star break (44-23).
Atlanta? The second best record (41-23).

Atlanta with the 2nd best record in the NL since the All-Star break amazes me, because I really didn't think we played all that well consistently ...

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Noticed on GameDay that Acuna left the contest early. Didn’t get hit by a pitch, per the box score. No SB. Why??

Darn Brewers won today, but Cubs are down 7-1. Getting a good margin of separation for Nats. over Chic.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Let’s not have a tie with the BrewCrew, since they own the tiebreaker. Would rather Scherzer or Strasberg face them in DC. Milwaukee has been hot this month, therefore this isn’t a good time to face them in a do or die game. Particularly on the road.

It pains me hearing about Riley striking out so much. Down in the .220’s. He’s got our Culberson spot. Looks like Duvall might be added if we carry 5 OF(especially if Inciarte and his hammy is one of them). Swanson got a hit last night. He needs to get his bat going this week, before it counts for the marbles. Freddie played in 155 games, many of the recent games with a bone spur(s). Starting pitching has been lax since we clinched. Tehran giving up 6 in less than 3 innings, a little troubling yesterday. Donaldson needs to pick up the slack and get hot. Much of his 89 rbi’s have come off the 37 HR’s w/ only a .255 avg. We are getting ready to face better pitching, which entails creating some runs. I get concerned when the team is complacent. Part of clinching early is my guess?

Acuna says the hip tightness, was intolerable last night. He is day to day. Doesn’t look like he will be stealing bases this weekend in going after the 40/40 record.

Last edited: