Atlanta Braves News

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Jake, I like your substitution idea. McCann is the man. Calls a good game.
Although, the Pillies #2 hitter is the premier MLB catcher. Hit, throw, HWP, catch.

I agree on Realmuto, as a matter of fact this series is no Braves gimme, the Phillies still have a solid line-up, the top 4 are tough and Franco seems to always be a thorn in our side ... although I still think we clinch this week !!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
True. The only reason I make fun of them is because they were so arrogant and dismissive through the season. The reality is, they could presumably lose Straws-berg and Rendon this summer. Then what?

Meanwhile, it's lookin' like the Braves might be 'bout to fire up the 'we never lose the division' bus. Only, this time, the division is the floor not the ceiling.
I went ahead & highlighted (for you)... the part that you wrote that was arrogant & dismissive. :p

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
The Nationals are basically in a race with 3 NL Central teams: StL, Chi, Mil... add the Nationals & it is a 4 team race for 3 spots. As long as Nationals finish ahead of one of them... they get to play in the wildcard game. Given that STL & CHI play each other 6 times... I still feel pretty good about Nationals chances. After that... the Nationals will enter playoffs as 4th or 5th best team... with the top 2 (Braves & Dodgers) head & shoulders above 3-5.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
The Nationals are basically in a race with 3 NL Central teams: StL, Chi, Mil... add the Nationals & it is a 4 team race for 3 spots. As long as Nationals finish ahead of one of them... they get to play in the wildcard game. Given that STL & CHI play each other 7 times... I still feel pretty good about Nationals chances. After that... the Nationals will enter playoffs as 4th or 5th best team... with the top 2 (Braves & Dodgers) head & shoulders above 3-5.
Fixed it... 7 games between STL & CHI.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
5-2 Phillies over the Braves in the 4th inning:banghead:
I’m glad I didn’t miss a good game. Went to SMG 5$ Tuesday @ the movies. “The Goldfinch” is the best flick I’ve seen this year, maybe the last 5 years. It’s 2 1/2 hours and worth every minute of it. Hard to compare to any other classics, although reminded me of “The Crying Game” in that the end has a twist of fate.

Apologize for getting off topic.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Yeah Buzz, I was sure Donaldson was at least going to get Acuna in last night ... and wow, we do strike-out a lot.
And it also seems like a lot of called 3rd strikes, what ever happened to protecting the plate when you get two strikes and are behind in the count ??
I only played HS ball, but that was always one of the rules of thumb that we were taught back in the day ...