Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Definitely need to right the ship, after the last 3 games.....
.....in other news, I’m hearing Rendon is expected to fetch 150m. or more on the open market. Josh Donaldson batting .258, with power, a good glove, even @ 34 yo. could get a 2 or 3 year deal around 20m. per annum if a club wants to bite.
“I’ve enjoyed playing here every day,” Donaldson told Burns of his time in Atlanta. “And I look forward to playing in this uniform as long as I can.”

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Charlie Culberson looked good, very glad to see that and proud of the Braves to honor him last night ...
The last couple of games we do not look like a +90-win team ... just saying.
And as Mike has said, if we don't get our sh** together we won't go far in the post-season ... although it's been a great season, this team can be real frustrating to watch at times.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Charlie Culberson looked good, very glad to see that and proud of the Braves to honor him last night ...
And as Mike has said, if we don't get our sh** together we won't go far in the post-season ... although it's been a great season, this team can be real frustrating to watch at times.
The Braves are looking like the 80-84 win team that i thought they would be to start the season:banghead:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

The Braves are looking like the 80-84 win team that i thought they would be to start the season:banghead:

No need to panic over a couple game swoon.

Who do you think we are? The gNats? Ohhhhhhh ...

(Man Fred is going to kill me one-a these days.)

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
No need to panic over a couple game swoon.

Who do you think we are? The gNats? Ohhhhhhh ...

(Man Fred is going to kill me one-a these days.)

My concern is that this has happened too often since the All-Star break where the bats suddenly go quiet ... in a 5 or 7 game post season series we can't afford that to happen !

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I thought we needed 2 OF FA and Pat Corbin or Keuchel last Winter, and needed to use Ender and Julio as trade bait to get a quality bullpen arm. We did sign Kakes and then Dallas later on in June. Charlie Blackmon or that type would have been at a premium in July. Still, never really filled that void after Riley started slumping. That’s going to hurt us in October. I hope I'm wrong about Inciarte and his grade 2 hammy, not holding up. He can be hot/cold with the bat. Therefore we have to have his speed, especially for defense if he is that third OF. Joyce is our bench, now that Culbie & Camargo are out.

Starters poor the last three games. Hopefully, this lull ends before next week. Rather it happen now, rather than late September. The Pills won the season series with us, and 4-4 in our home park. Strange that they were 7-9 with the Fishies.