Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I was introduced by two older friends to Zim when he was managing the expansion SD Padres. He took me down into the Visitors Clubhouse and passed around a few balls to be autographed. Such a wonderful, smart baseball man....very kind to me, offered trips to Chicago/Wrigley when he managed the Cubs. Seemed like I was always working a job, during those invitations.
My Mom dated Wade Blassingame when he was with Houston, after traded from Atlanta. He took me down into the Visitors shower area(no soap was dropped then or during the making of this post). I saw more of the opposition surroundings, than the hometown Braves area, until I worked for our team later on. :ROFLMAO:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
@Southpawmac
Good morning, Friend! Question for you. Since Atlanta won the season series vs. Cubs, can we clinch 1st W.C. with a win tonight or a Cubs loss? If the Braves have a 94-68 record, the best Chicago can do is tie(which favors us, right?). Should they lose, that’s 69 losses for them.

I’ll hang up and listen, BBB.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The Nationals are in one hell of a fix

The folks over on wnff seem to see the writing on the wall.

YES! :(
...& YES! :(

Worrisome. If Nationals don't find a way... they don't deserve it. That has been the beauty of this season... no excuses. They are exactly what they are.

Oh Fred. I said don't look.

Silver lining? You'll be a Braves fan soon so buck up. Only thing is, you'll have to delete those anti-Braves presets in your phone. No more Barves or Broves.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
@Southpawmac
Good morning, Friend! Question for you. Since Atlanta won the season series vs. Cubs, can we clinch 1st W.C. with a win tonight or a Cubs loss? If the Braves have a 94-68 record, the best Chicago can do is tie(which favors us, right?). Should they lose, that’s 69 losses for them.

I’ll hang up and listen, BBB.
That’s correct. We own the tiebreaker so no need to end up with a better record than them. Washington and LA are really the only team that we have to beat record wise. LA has the tiebreaker over us and Washington would get game 163 if they tied us.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It doesn't take much for the mentally deficient folks on WNFF to get fatalistic:cigar:

True. The only reason I make fun of them is because they were so arrogant and dismissive through the season. The reality is, they could presumably lose Straws-berg and Rendon this summer. Then what?

Meanwhile, it's lookin' like the Braves might be 'bout to fire up the 'we never lose the division' bus. Only, this time, the division is the floor not the ceiling.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
True. The only reason I make fun of them is because they were so arrogant and dismissive through the season. The reality is, they could presumably lose Straws-berg and Rendon this summer. Then what?

Meanwhile, it's lookin' like the Braves might be 'bout to fire up the 'we never lose the division' bus. Only, this time, the division is the floor not the ceiling.
If they lose them they could be 76-86 in 2020 or worse