Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I might give Freddie some days off, with that bone spur. Mike and Max would go no more than 5 innings or 75 pitches. In the Mets series, everyone gets a full day off. Just not a believer in shutting people down.

Nats. historically don’t do well in St. Louis. They have Strasberg, Corbin and Scherzer going the next 3 days. I’m hoping they do well, and get that first WC.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Question for Braves fans out there:If the Braves win the NL East on Tuesday would you rest the starters and play a lot of backups or would you chug right on ahead with the starters?:cigar: I would keep playing the starters and see how many wins i could get:D
Based on what I have seen Nationals do in a few recent seasons where they won division easily... don't let up. Just too hard to turn it back on. A 5-game series affords no room for "ramping up" to intensity of those games.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Dylan Chase posted this on MLB Trade rumors @ 4:38 p.m.:
Culberson fractured a bone in his cheek on the play, tweets David O’Brien of the Athletic. While he won’t require surgery, he will miss the remainder of the season.

He also posted that Mike Trout is having foot surgery. Out for the remainder of his season.
The Braves will miss Charlie on the bench:rolleyes::banghead:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Tony Conigiliaro was never the same player after being beaned in the eye by a Jack Hamilton fastball. I will always remember my Sport Magazine in the mail showing up with him on the cover and inside were more, and more pictures of his eye.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Tony Conigiliaro was never the same player after being beaned in the eye by a Jack Hamilton fastball. I will always remember my Sport Magazine in the mail showing up with him on the cover and inside were more, and more pictures of his eye.
Don Zimmer was an All Star 3rd baseman until he got beaned in 1957 and had to have a plate put in his head.

GT_EE78

Banned
Ken "Hawk" Harrelson wasn't a bad backup for Tony but they sure missed him in the 1967 WS against the Cardinals. It might have been a different result with Conigliaro.